Guitar Hero II and 80's playable on PS3

vicpacvicpac Opening Act
edited April 2009 in Less Rokk More Talk
I just ran across an old Radio Shack adapter called PSX to USB. It is working pretty well with my original SG and Wireless guitar on Guitar Hero II and 80's edition.

There is a little lag which can be compensated in the calibration section. Also the downstrum is up and up is down. No biggie.

At this whammy bar is not working. But its the best solution i've seen so far. I paid a 1.25 on ebay plus shipping so you should be able to find one cheap.

Just thought I'd pass this along here for all of the people that bought the TAC Adapter (including me) and were hoping that would be the solution for GHII on the PS3.
400 x 300 - 15K
psx.JPG 14.8K

Comments

• SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Now the PS3 users just need one that even works on the PS3 GH/RB gmes. :p
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited April 2009
    I believe the Ant Commandos sell a similar product that is more readily available, for those interested in it.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    SonicRocker15X;2202021 said:
    Now the PS3 users just need one that even works on the PS3 GH/RB gmes. :p
    And it does in fact work w/ RB and GH.

Only problem there is, it's very nit picky you can't activate Overdrive w/ select while orange is pressed in etc. etc.
  • vicpacvicpac Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    I have the TAC adapter too and it works as Zeleii described. I have been trying since I got the PS3 to play GHII and GH80's on the PS3. I don't want to have to drag my PS2 out and hook it up if I get the itch to play the old games.

I purchased the Pelican adapter for GHII back when I first got my PS3 but it didn't work for HO/PO and lagged terribly. You were basically playing with the regular controller, you could not press the fret buttons ahead of the note at any time. So that went right back.

I played a bunch last night and everything works great except no whammy bar. HO/PO + star activitation are flawless.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited April 2009
    Haha, I forgot that TAC was the abbreviation for Ant Commandos.

Does their adapter not work very well for playing the PS2 games on the PS3? Because the label led me to believe that it would.
  • moose39moose39 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    kiggidykev;2202748 said:
    I believe the Ant Commandos sell a similar product that is more readily available, for those interested in it.
    I have it. Sure, you can't activate overdrive while pressing green or orange, but it's a great guitar build.