Queens of the Stone Age's "Song for the Deaf" as Album DLC

HeavyHorseHeavyHorse Rising Star
edited June 2012 in Your Ultimate Setlist
Queens of the Stone Age's Songs for the Deaf as full album DLC!

"PARENTAL ADVISORY" LABELED ALBUM, BEWARE WHEN VIEWING/LISTENING TO LINKED CONTENT

We have a solid 4 songs by the band available in the Rock Band platform. For those of you that don't know, they are:

"Go with the Flow" off of Songs for the Deaf
"Little Sister" off of Lullabies to Paralyze
"3's and 7's" off of Era Vulgaris
"Sick, Sick, Sick" off of Era Vulgaris

The big song that has yet to receive love yet is "No One Knows" off of the incredible Songs for the Deaf album. So I got to thinking...instead of HMX offering just the one song possibly, why not the whole album?

This is easily one of the best Alternative albums out their in the world, and marks the incredible breakout success for the band earning them their first gold certification in 2003. As of right now the album holds an 89 out of 100 as an aggregated score on Metacritic. It even received two Grammy nominations for "No One Knows" and "Go with the Flow" for Best Hard Rock performance.

This is just an album I see myself revisiting constantly (and therefore would play the Hell out of on Rock Band if available), so I'm hoping others share my adoration for it. Here's the track listing:

1. "You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, But I Feel Like a Millionaire"
2. "No One Knows"
3. "First It Giveth"
4. "Song for the Dead"
5. "The Sky Is Falling"
6. "Six Shooter" *NOTE: Acoustic version played
7. "Hangin' Tree"
8. "Go with the Flow"
9. "Gonna Leave You"
10. "Do It Again"
11. "God Is in the Radio"
12. "Another Love Song"
13. "Song for the Deaf"
14. "Mosquito Song" *NOTE: whole version not played.

The majority of the songs can also be found and listened to here on imeem. Thanks and credit goes to jayou521 for this.

Some other version's of the album contain a cover of The Kink's "Everybody's Gonna Be Happy", which is in the version I own somehow. While I'd love to see this make it (amazing cover), I'd understand if it didn't.

Anyways, along with the singles (which link to music videos), notable songs include the extremely energetic intro "You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, But I Feel Like a Millionaire", the amazingly heavy "Song for the Dead", the awesome and eerie "Hangin' Tree" and the melodic "Mosquito Song".

So please, share your thought and feedback on the idea, and post if you'd love to see this album make the cut.

EDIT/NOTICE: Yeah, I'm aware it's Songs for the Deaf and not Song for the Deaf. For what it's worth, that was the only place I made that typo, just figures its the one place I can't edit.

2ND EDIT: I added some links to more songs. While the singles still link to music videos with the studio recording, the other songs (the latter four mentioned) link to live performances by the band. The only exception is "Mosquito Song" which is still live, but only Josh Homme performing acoustically, and performs very little of the song.

3RD EDIT: Supplied more links, links to all songs are now provided. Also added a warning for youngins' with sensitive ears (it happens), although it overall mostly applies to "Six Shooter". Also, If you want to read any more information on the album, you can find it here on Wikipedia, and for review summaries and averages here on Metacritic.

4TH EDIT: Added a master link of sorts. Instead of clicking each individual link, you can now simply go here on imeem to find the majority of the songs. Thanks and credit goes to jayou521 for this.

Comments

• jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    YES!!! YES YES YES YES! :D

The whole album would be amazing, definitely one of my favorites of all time.

Song For The Dead would be insane on drums. The Sky Is Fallin' is my favorite song though.
  • dialupinatordialupinator Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    jayou521;2221351 said:
    YES!!! YES YES YES YES! :D
    This.
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Definitely Grohl's drumming is beastly on this album
  • timmay9timmay9 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Absolutely. Grohl is a beast on this album.
    edited April 2009
    timmay9;2222282 said:
    Absolutely. Grohl is a beast on this album.
    see above statement :D
  • Chance494Chance494 Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    "You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar..." Is A Great Song On A Great Album.
    edited April 2009
    Weird enough I was listening to No One Knows on the radio today :D
  • timmay9timmay9 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2222286 said:
    see above statement :D
    Jesus christ that's two threads which you have ninja'd me in a row. :mad:
    edited April 2009
    timmay9;2222372 said:
    Jesus christ that's two threads which you have ninja'd me in a row. :mad:
    lol I am a fast typer :D
  • LumbaSmackLumbaSmack Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    I would have an orgasm on the spot if I saw this in the Music Store.
  • Matt LOLMatt LOL Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    LumbaSmack;2223314 said:
    I would have an orgasm on the spot if I saw this in the Music Store.
    I would have a similar reaction.
  • HeavyHorseHeavyHorse Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    I just realized I technically made a typo with the topic title (Song for the Deaf should be Songs for the Deaf...oddly enough its right elsewhere)...but oh well.

Anyways good to know others support this idea with me. "No One Knows" definitely needs to make the cut at the least, but the rest of the album is superb too.
  • overcookedbaconovercookedbacon Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    I'm all for more QOTSA in Rock Band. Songs For The Deaf would be great, but I'd prefer Queens Of The Stone Age, Lullabies To Paralyze and Era Vulgaris over SFTD...

It's a great album and all, but their other albums have much more variety in terms of sound.
    edited April 2009
    overcookedbacon;2223652 said:
    I'm all for more QOTSA in Rock Band. Songs For The Deaf would be great, but I'd prefer Queens Of The Stone Age, Lullabies To Paralyze and Era Vulgaris over SFTD...

It's a great album and all, but their other albums have much more variety in terms of sound.
    It's alright, we all got our opinions. Songs for the Deaf is just a lot more iconic I feel, considering this was what made people actually know who they were (although I personally enjoy it more, but that's cool).

For what it's worth though, those two albums are incredible too. Not really easy picking one of those three.
    edited April 2009
    I added some links to more songs (live performances), read the edited first post for a bigger explanation and the links.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited April 2009
    Yup, I've been asking for this album since the first full album was released, this is one of my most favorite albums ever
    edited April 2009
    HeyRiles;2226520 said:
    Yup, I've been asking for this album since the first full album was released, this is one of my most favorite albums ever
    Yeah, phenomenal from start to finish. Thanks for the support.
  • TheUnrivaledTheUnrivaled Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    i love QOTSA but I would much rather have a different album from a different band
  • funkypsikofunkypsiko Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    Definitely. This whole album would be excellent. I would also like 'The lost art of keeping a secret' off 'Rated R'. This was the song that got me into the band and would be awesome to play.
    edited April 2009
    funkypsiko;2230612 said:
    Definitely. This whole album would be excellent. I would also like 'The lost art of keeping a secret' off 'Rated R'. This was the song that got me into the band and would be awesome to play.
    Dead honest, any QotSA would please me right now. "Go with the Flow" is still great, and the 3-pack still gets played today, but I still feel like they haven't gotten some of the greats. I'd absolutely love the full album, and "The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret" is tight too. But as of right now, I'd take anything they could get their hands on (but preferably the Songs for the Deaf album)
  • rockvashrockvash Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    Great idea. Obvious, but great.

Everytime I think about the bassline intro to A Song For The Deaf, I have to listen to the whole album as soon as possible.
  • STPSTP Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    Hell yeah!! Queens of the Stone Age are awesome and very underrated.
  • Indy44Indy44 Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    While I'm not opposed to the idea of having this for a full album, I wouldn't buy it in its entirety. QOTSA has better albums on offer with more variety in them, notably Rated R and Lullabies to Paralyze.

However, since HMX seems to be big on re-released albums at the moment and the selftitled debut should be remastered by November 2009... well you do the math. If we are ever going to get a QOTSA-album, I guess it's going to be that one. If HMX somehow feels like releasing some singles (Regular John, Better Living Through Chemistry, The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret and Tangled Up In Plaid pl0x) I'll happily get my hands on almost anything.
    edited April 2009
    Indy44;2236909 said:
    While I'm not opposed to the idea of having this for a full album, I wouldn't buy it in its entirety. QOTSA has better albums on offer with more variety in them, notably Rated R and Lullabies to Paralyze.

However, since HMX seems to be big on re-released albums at the moment and the selftitled debut should be remastered by November 2009... well you do the math. If we are ever going to get a QOTSA-album, I guess it's going to be that one. If HMX somehow feels like releasing some singles (Regular John, Better Living Through Chemistry, The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret and Tangled Up In Plaid pl0x) I'll happily get my hands on almost anything.
    I do know about it, and the thought has crossed my mind. Again though, I'd be happy with any QotSA and you are entitled to your opinion. Songs for the Deaf just does more for me personally.
    edited April 2009
    Links to all songs are now available in the first post. Note that most songs link to live performances, some which are noticeably different from their studio version (EX: acoustic version). Singles link to music videos.

Links to Wikipedia and Metacritic info/reviews on the album are also supplied. Again, they are available in the first post.

To those that have responded in favor of the album so far, thank you for the support. While it may be awhile (if at all) till we see this album materialize in the music store one day, hopefully it can still happen.
    edited April 2009
    That live acoustic of Six Shooter is so funny! :p
    edited April 2009
    HeavyHorse;2252005 said:
    Links to all songs are now available in the first post. Note that most songs link to live performances, some which are noticeably different from their studio version (EX: acoustic version). Singles link to music videos.

Links to Wikipedia and Metacritic info/reviews on the album are also supplied. Again, they are available in the first post.

To those that have responded in favor of the album so far, thank you for the support. While it may be awhile (if at all) till we see this album materialize in the music store one day, hopefully it can still happen.
    I would suggest for links in the OP to use Last.fm it usually has videos to live versions and a studio version in the upper right hand corner
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2252031 said:
    I would suggest for links in the OP to use Last.fm it usually has videos to live versions and a studio version in the upper right hand corner
    The album isn't available on Last.Fm though, I just checked~
    edited April 2009
    jayou521;2252026 said:
    That live acoustic of Six Shooter is so funny! :p
    Yeah :D sounds nothing like the studio either, but ah well. It's almost ironic considering how intense the studio is too.

As noted by jayou the whole thing isn't there... some tracks are though.

EDIT: Alright, I should use my eyes better next time. Some songs are there, but are only 30 second samples (Hell, when you click "No One Knows", "First It Giveth" starts to play for some reason.). Thanks for the idea Fizzeler, but considering all thats left are live recordings, that kinda loops back to what I already have.
    edited May 2009
    I'm definitely hoping to see this get announced at E3 in a couple weeks.

If not~ we need to have "Song For The Dead" and "No One Knows" in the next pack.

To HeavyHorses, you can probably find most of the studio versions of the songs on this site