Any MD tourneys in Anne Arundel Cty./Baltimore Cty.?

MilesProwerMilesPrower Unsigned
edited April 2011 in Rock Band Events
Anyone know of any tournaments in Anne Arundel or Baltimore County in Maryland? Post 'em here please.

Comments

• xON3UPZxxON3UPZx Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Are there any updates for this?? Im in dire need of a tourney in Baltimore!!
  • ChRoMe-USAFChRoMe-USAF Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    I've been looking but haven't found anything at all, such a shame
  • MiltoniusPrimeMiltoniusPrime Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    There hasn't been one for quite a while. I was at the Marley Station tourney, the Games and Stuff tourney, and I think that was it.

I'd be up for getting something together, just depends on how many people are interested/willing to contribute.
  • MorgonMorgon Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    So annoying. MD (as a general whole) needs to get their act together. This is not a gaming-friendly state.

There was some bar next to the old Jade Garden place (you know, the one on B&A Boulevard that changes names every three months) that had a sign that said 'Rock Band' on Tuesday or Wednesday nights, but I couldn't tell if that was Rock Band, or literally a 'rock' band. Last couple of times I drove past, the sign wasn't illuminated, so I can only assume that place is closed now, too.
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    @Morgon: I don't venture into this forum very often, but to let you know, the bar is alive and well and does have Rock Band (the game) on Tuesday nights from 8-11, though sometimes it runs a little later if they get started late. The place is Barbecue, Blues & Seafood, and some of the people set up a Facebook page for the Rock Band night here:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rock-Band-Night/112411565502324

There is also a "Million Dollar Challenge" where you compete against me (they gave me the nickname "Million Dollar Marcus") for a chance for a free drink or a T-shirt.
  • ChRoMe-USAFChRoMe-USAF Unsigned
    edited April 2011
    Name and address of the bar please?
    edited April 2011
    Barbecue, Blues & Seafood
    7697 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd.
    Glen Burnie, MD 21060

Rock Band is Tuesday nights, 8ish-11ish.

Hope to see you there!
    edited April 2011
    I attended the last Rock Band night at BBQ, and it was pretty much what I expected. That is, going from playing serious expert-all Rock Band with close friends to playing with strangers, some of which were a bit tipsy. Everyone had fun, I definitely enjoyed getting up and performing in front of everyone. I kind of kept to myself, other than the group I had arrived with, but might try to open up a little more. Spending years playing only at cons or with friends, then finding this group so close to home takes some getting used to. The instruments had some issues, but that's understandable when you've got lots of random/drunk people using them. The drum set was in good condition, and the kick pedal was responsive. The guitars were RB1 and 2 Strats, both of which had strap issues (i.e. popped off while I played, so I had to hold it up like a boss).

My main gripe is the lack of DLC. I can understand that they already had song books printed up, and not wanting some random guy horning in on your setup, but 1300 songs is much better than ~500. When you're used to being the guy who brings Rock Band to the party, you tend to bring everything you'd need to something like this. Just didn't get to make any use of it.

Might try out the Million Dollar Challenges next time, depending on the songs.
    edited April 2011
    I'm glad you had a good time! I'll pass the info on to Greg.

For the Million Dollar Challenge, you get to select the song. There is a link to Greg's songs on the Facebook page.

Honestly, I know how you feel about the songs. I myself have around 1500 songs, so I always give him guff about getting more songs :) I think some of the other people have started chipping in to give Greg MS Point cards, and you can make requests for songs that you want him to download on the Facebook page, and they will pass it along.
    edited April 2011
    I'm glad you didn't think my post was too insulting. I've ran a few RB tourneys since the last one I entered, and I've gotten used to being in that position, feels odd going back to being a competitor. I checked out his list on myrockbandsongs, and made one of my own. If I wasn't in such a tight situation money-wise, I'd offer to pay for some songs, since a few of my friends have helped bolster our collection in the past.

Also, feel free to add me on Live, if you ever play online.
    edited April 2011
    I have a PS3, but I'll friend you on myrockbandsongs.