Guitar Hero Smash Hits Track Reveal 4/16 (Guitar Hero 1)

PurgeTheseDaysPurgeTheseDays Unsigned
edited April 2009 in Less Rokk More Talk
Discuss.

Pantera - "Cowboys From Hell (Live)"
Franz Ferdinand - "Take Me Out"
Queens of the Stone Age - "No One Knows"
Joan Jett & the Blackhearts - "I Love Rock N' Roll"
Boston - "More Than A Feeling"
White Zombie - "Thunder Kiss '65"
Blue Oyster Cult - "Godzilla"
Helmet - "Unsung (Live)"
Queen - "Killer Queen"
Incubus - "Stellar"
Ozzy Osbourne - "Bark At The Moon"
Deep Purple - "Smoke On The Water"
The Donnas - "Take It Off"
The Exies - "Hey You"

Comments

  • Fuelie79Fuelie79 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Unsung was my least favorite song in any music game, ever. But, it has Them Bones and Killing in the Name, so I have to buy it.
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited April 2009
    Heh, they got a live version of Cowboys From Hell. Interesting.

    I only want this game if it's going to have Cheat on the Church.
  • Tender-SurrenderTender-Surrender Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Too bad it is Guitar Hero. Stellar, Killer Queen, and Smoke on the Water would be AWESOME in RB. I find GH very unplayable.
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited April 2009
    Only one or two of those strike me as amazing, let's see what the other games bring to the table.
  • timmay9timmay9 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    A lot of these will find their way into Rock Band, I'm 100% positive.
  • chillzatlchillzatl Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    great track list, but I refuse to buy it. GH:M was likely the last purchase from that franchise ever for me. Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice, shame on me.
  • CrazyIvanCrazyIvan Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    I would buy these as DLC in a heartbeat, but I don't want a separate disc. Not to mention that I just don't like the GH charts (even if they are getting better and better with each release).
  • ZefirZefir Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Godzilla? DAMN THEM!
  • Sarge51Sarge51 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    We'll have to get more GH2 tracks before I can decide if it is even worth buying. So far so good, though. Just keep away from Iron Man and Shout at the Devil.

    -_- I want those on Rock Band...
  • dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Oh my..... "That" list seems like it could be credible.

    In other news...SMOKE ON THE WATER, GODZILLA, AND NO ONE KNOWS HELL YEAH!
  • Sarge51Sarge51 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Godzilla and Thunder Kiss 65 are good news. =]
  • ThunderCurlsThunderCurls Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Too many games is going to destroy the online play for GH.
  • Ramirez16Ramirez16 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    dady5000;2276755 said:
    Oh my..... "That" list seems like it could be credible.
    Yeah now with there being two live tracks today it's just seeing the the tracks are live or not. Maybe RARAN is from KKKIIISSS AAALLLLIIIIVVVEEE.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Oh goody, live tracks. Those always piss people off so I approve of them being in the other guys game.
  • ThunderCurlsThunderCurls Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Kariodude;2276772 said:
    Oh goody, live tracks. Those always piss people off so I approve of them being in the other guys game.
    I don't think it pisses people when it isn't possible to get the actual masters.
  • dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    ThunderCurls;2276759 said:
    Too many games is going to destroy the online play for GH.
    It's already broken on PS3. I can't find anyone at random on ANY of the GH's.
  • WrathyWrathy Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Tempting, but not THAT tempting.
  • sidman69sidman69 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    i hope they don't get scom or wttj.
  • Flan26Flan26 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Is this a track pack, or another GH full disc game (i.e., not importable with GH:WT)?
  • TruthBringerTruthBringer Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    funny they have to make a new game with songs from their old games. If they would of had compatibility on some of these they wouldnt have to do this, then fans wouldnt get screwed buying the same song twice (i'll give them a pass on the very early games). Or better yet, release these songs as DLC for GH:WT and not a new game..... But then, they couldnt continue to screw fans out of money. Their business model seems to be pretty evident.
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Sarge51;2276746 said:
    We'll have to get more GH2 tracks before I can decide if it is even worth buying. So far so good, though. Just keep away from Iron Man and Shout at the Devil.

    -_- I want those on Rock Band...
    Very ho-hum. Only one song that I REALLY want on that list, and that's "Take It Off".

    I hope it comes to RB soon. Seems that HMX has a pretty good relationship with "The Donnas" (getting a non-single track (that is one of the best in the game!)) so I hope to see a Donnas track pack before too long.
  • ThunderCurlsThunderCurls Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    TruthBringer;2276805 said:
    funny they have to make a new game with songs from their old games. If they would of had compatibility on some of these they wouldnt have to do this, then fans wouldnt get screwed buying the same song twice (i'll give them a pass on the very early games). Or better yet, release these songs as DLC for GH:WT and not a new game..... But then, they couldnt continue to screw fans out of money. Their business model seems to be pretty evident.
    They're not screwing anybody out of money. Now if fans paid for a game that wasn't real, that is screwing people out of their money.

    You get what you pay for.
  • edited April 2009
    Hey I'm new to this site, so sorry if this seems dumb as I don't know how to start a new thread, but I have a DLC problem. All the songs I've downloaded thru RB1 don't work anymore, but the ones I've downloaded thru RB2 still do. I haven't got the internet at home, well not so that I can hook up my Xbox ;) does this have anything to do with it?
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited April 2009
    ...

    Shouldn't this be in General?

    Oh right, it already is, in like 4 different threads. So why do we need a thread here too?
  • acidicthought8acidicthought8 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    ThunderCurls;2276815 said:
    You get what you pay for.
    ...and then pay for it again in a year or less. Although it's on another disk this time!
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited April 2009
    PurgeTheseDays;2276710 said:
    Discuss.

    Pantera - "Cowboys From Hell (Live)"
    Franz Ferdinand - "Take Me Out"
    Queens of the Stone Age - "No One Knows"
    Joan Jett & the Blackhearts - "I Love Rock N' Roll"
    Boston - "More Than A Feeling"
    White Zombie - "Thunder Kiss '65"
    Blue Oyster Cult - "Godzilla"
    Helmet - "Unsung (Live)"
    Queen - "Killer Queen"
    Incubus - "Stellar"
    Ozzy Osbourne - "Bark At The Moon"
    Deep Purple - "Smoke On The Water"
    The Donnas - "Take It Off"
    The Exies - "Hey You"
    I was hoping not to need to buy the game but all the songs revealed so far have one special appeal = none are on RB save for More Than a Feeling. Thunder Kiss '65 and Godzilla alone interest me a lot
  • ThunderCurlsThunderCurls Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    acidicthought8;2276824 said:
    ...and then pay for it again in a year or less. Although it's on another disk this time!
    With the ability to play full band, Expert+, Updated graphics, Character creator, GHTunes, etc.

    It's really not as simple as you seem to put it. Alot of people never owned a PS2 so they would've never played songs from GH1 or GH80s. Some might not even have played GH2.

    So just think before you post.
  • LiveWire008LiveWire008 Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    I like a lot of these songs, but I'm not going to buy this game and that's that. I have too much invested in RB to throw away money on GH (which is even what GH fans are doing, since DLC doesn't carry over and they have to swap discs). No, even though I owned GH1 and II, I swore GHIII would be the last game in the series that I bought and I'm standing by that. I would love to play these songs again, but since HMX has slowly been releasing songs from older games as DLC, we'll have everything that's worth while (and non exclusive) sooner or later. I think the guys and gals at Activision realized that, and have decided to put out this game sooner rather than later... that, and, you know, they're running out of ideas since they have to put out 1000 GH games every calender year.
  • acidicthought8acidicthought8 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    ThunderCurls;2276836 said:
    With the ability to play full band, Expert+, Updated graphics, Character creator, GHTunes, etc.

    It's really not as simple as you seem to put it. Alot of people never owned a PS2 so they would've never played songs from GH1 or GH80s. Some might not even have played GH2.

    So just think before you post.
    I understand that you can't just pop the songs into full band mode out of nothing. I just have to admit that Activision is being stupid by flooding the market with all of these disk releases. If they would be releasing them as a "Smash Hits" DLC pack, then I wouldn't think too much of it. I just think that selling another disk is hurting the genre more than helping it.
  • lostprophet182lostprophet182 Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    I'm hoping Harmonix can cherry pick some of these for future DLC as i loved the old GH games. Having had a party at the weekend with everything accessible with one disc and a huge selection to choose from that's the way forward with this type of game. Harmonix understand this perfectly whilst Activision keeps on with these standalone games. I'd like to see a time when you amass you're library of songs and simply choose your interface.
    Also anyone else think that for a collection from 4 games 48 songs is a bit low too?
    I'm having trouble remembering my original point so I'll leave things there, please continue to ponder on these musings or dismiss them as piffle.
This discussion has been closed.