Pink Floyd's Animals for DLC

jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
edited September 2010 in Your Ultimate Setlist
I saw an old thread when I searched, but didn't feel like bringing it back. This album is easily my most wanted from Floyd~

Pigs on the Wings Pt. 1 and 2 would not really work in the game, but maybe release them as one track and a drum/bass-less song? I dunno.

Dogs, Sheep, and Pigs (Three Different Ones) are still must have Pink Floyd songs.

Dogs
Sheep
Pigs (Three Different Ones)

Comments

• Opiate_EyesOpiate_Eyes Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    that's one of my favorite albums but i don't really see it working for Rock Band. other than the intro and outro (which you dismiss) the songs are all upwards of ten minutes long. even some Floyd fans would start to lose interest at that point. Dogs is actually nineteen minutes long iirc. i don't really think any Floyd from their concept phase would work well as full album dlc.

that said, i'd be be sure to buy it as soon as the marketplace updated the morning it released.
  • vulcanjedi42vulcanjedi42 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, not most people's first pick for a Pink Floyd album. (Personally, though, my first pick would be Relics, which would be even less popular.) In any event, I'd buy it, and I think so would a lot of people. The forums would overflow with "wut no Money" and "where is The Wall" and the obligatory "Pink Floyd sux n e way," but those of us who aren't idiots would wholeheartedly agree that any Floyd is good Floyd.

I'd hate to lose Pigs on the Wing, though. I'd rather have it included, just without bass and drums, if that's what it takes. We've got songs without vocals, why couldn't we do that?
  • jrcronlakersjrcronlakers Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Man I would love to play Dogs. Solo heaven. PF would be a welcome no matter what songs.
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Opiate_Eyes;2286556 said:
    that's one of my favorite albums but i don't really see it working for Rock Band. other than the intro and outro (which you dismiss) the songs are all upwards of ten minutes long
    I love long Prog songs! Dogs would be a blast on drums and guitar. I could care less that it is 17 minutes long :D
    vulcanjedi42;2286628 said:
    I'd hate to lose Pigs on the Wing, though. I'd rather have it included, just without bass and drums, if that's what it takes. We've got songs without vocals, why couldn't we do that?
    Yeah, I was thinking that as well. Just put both parts together~
  • Nuff_SaidNuff_Said Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    i think this is the worst choice for Rock Band.
  • Epi_LepiEpi_Lepi Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Animals is definitely my favorite Pink Floyd album. I love long songs, but it'd be difficult to get my friends to agree to play it. Imagine failing Dogs at 99%! That would be the ultimate suck. I'd still buy it though.
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited April 2009
    I would protest and boycott this if it came to fruition.
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Animals might be my favorite Floyd album and it could work for RB, but i'd rather have a track pack with...

Echoes (short version from Best Of)
    Dogs
    Comfortably Numb
    Money
    Time
    Speak To Me / Breathe
    Run Like Hell
    Young Lust
    Wish You Were Here
    Pigs (Three Different Ones)
    Sheep
    Brain Damage / Eclipse
    Another Brick In The Wall (Part 1) / The Happiest Days Of Our Lives / Another Brick In The Wall (Part 2)
    Shine On You Crazy Diamond (short version from Best Of)
    Have A Cigar
    Astronomy Domine
    Lucifer Sam
    Interstellar Overdrive
    Let There Be More Light
    In The Flesh
    Learning To Fly
  • classicrockdudeclassicrockdude Headliner
    edited April 2009
    that would be awesome.
  • Stevie BStevie B Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Even though it's like 12 minutes long, I would love having Pigs (Three Different Ones) on RB. It's probably my second favorite Floyd song to Comfortably Numb. Very good solo at the end.

By the way, props for mentioning this album. It gets way less credit than it deserves.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    The three center tracks would certainly make an amazing 3-pack.
  • QuaszarQuaszar Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Old timer here, bought Pink Floyd ' Animals ' album the week it was released and 30 years later its still my fav by them. But do to length of songs and no Floyd yet on Rockband, I don't see this happening anytime soon....
  • toolsinmindtoolsinmind Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Any Floyd is good Floyd