I know this doesnt belong here but....

camero1970camero1970 Rising Star
edited April 2009 in Your Ultimate Setlist
So, this proabably doesnt belong here, but, i dont know where to put it. so here we go. Every decade, we have a new style of rock music.....
The 60's were the classic rock
The 70's gave birth to Hard Rock/Punk
The 80's gave us Metal/Hair Metal
And the 90's gave us grunge Rock.

Now, the 00's gave us.. well...hell Rap dominated. We all here hate this, and the music that was stil around basically gave us post-Grunge, or Alternative..

Any suggestions on whats in store for music in the 10's?????

Comments

• Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited April 2009
    i was never aware that classic rock was a genre of music? weird.

Stop letting your radio dictate your knowledge.

for the 2010's i see nothing changing. Big Business and Corporations don't like change, therefore there will be none. Why do you think there hasn't been any really drastic changes for nearly 10-15 years now?

You should get this moved into History of Rock. The rest of us in there will help you out with this thread.
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    I think in 60s you mean Psychedelic rock ;)
  • Mild1776Mild1776 Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    2010's came early: Disney Pop
  • pro-guitarist117pro-guitarist117 Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    Your right I hate this alternative, pop and soft rock crap and I would love to see heavier rock in the future as I'm a rocker:D
  • SoratarSoratar Scapegoat
    edited April 2009
    Mild1776;2287264 said:
    2010's came early: Disney Pop
    The fact that its true is sad. Disney has taken over the majority of little girls' music.

I have no idea of what will come. I think that pop and alternative will still be some of the larger ones. How about a punk revival?
  • edited April 2009
    I hope there is a huge revival of punk in the 10s. And I mean Punk Rock, not Pop Punk
  • ryan12147ryan12147 Headliner
    edited April 2009
    ya, if this year has been a hint to what the 2010's will be like it's going to be pop but for rock I see alternative-indie-emo-metal-core
  • SonOfRedmanSonOfRedman Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    camero1970;2287206 said:
    So, this proabably doesnt belong here, but, i dont know where to put it. so here we go. Every decade, we have a new style of rock music.....

Now, the 00's gave us.. well...hell Rap dominated. We all here hate this, and the music that was stil around basically gave us post-Grunge, or Alternative..

Are you asking what new genre of music the '10s will BIRTH, or what genre will be most POPULAR in the '10s? Because I'm pretty sure pop music was around before Disney, and I'm pretty sure rap was around before the '00s.

Your questions are misleading :(
  • HeavyMetalKingHeavyMetalKing Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Quite frankly I don't care what dominates the mainstream. While there will always be some mainstream bands that I'll like--namely the ones that distinguish themselves from the norm at least a little bit--there will always be underground or lesser known bands that keep making completely original music for me to get into. They may never be big, and they may not be around for too long, but I know I'll always be able to find music that fits my taste.
  • Juancho7965Juancho7965 Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    It would the greatest miracle on earth if good old hard rock like Zeppelin and GNR made its way back up. Nothin like the classics
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited April 2009
    TheClashTheClashTheClash;2288527 said:
    I hope there is a huge revival of punk in the 10s. And I mean Punk Rock, not Pop Punk
    I could probably see this happening too. I mean there is literally so much **** going on in the world today, and it is ripe for the picking by protesting punk bands. Or maybe something like a classical-revival, modern bands that sound like they're from the 50s, 60s or 70s.

The current dominating rock genre is (still) Post Grunge I believe. Though there are genres famous in other countries are starting to gain popularity in America now. the 2010s contenders:

Power Metal era
    Punk-revival era
    Industrial era
  • edited April 2009
    FlyGuyLXI;2294671 said:
    I could probably see this happening too. I mean there is literally so much **** going on in the world today, and it is ripe for the picking by protesting punk bands. Or maybe something like a classical-revival, modern bands that sound like they're from the 50s, 60s or 70s.

The current dominating rock genre is (still) Post Grunge I believe. Though there are genres famous in other countries are starting to gain popularity in America now. the 2010s contenders:

Power Metal era
    Punk-revival era
    Industrial era
    I actually want to start a punk band. I'll probably join/start a band when I go to college next year. I can't wait to start playing in a band (I'm a bassist btw). And you are correct, its really easy to write protest songs with the current state of the world.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2009
    camero1970;2287206 said:

LOLNO. This is completely wrong for many reasons. Grunge was around in the 80's, as was alternative, yet you list those album as coming out in the 90's and 00's respectively.
  • camero1970camero1970 Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Alright_Computer;2294816 said:
    LOLNO. This is completely wrong for many reasons. Grunge was around in the 80's, as was alternative, yet you list those album as coming out in the 90's and 00's respectively.
    Grunge was 80's.. yeah, okay.. it started lateeeee with Alice in chains releaseing facelift, and nirvana releasing Bleach. Grugne really started in 1989, but was mainly famous from 1989 to about ..ehhh, 1997.it would be cool to see Grunge come back. I mean, hey, maybe the 10's will be revival for classic bands...Led Zeppelin could come back, A lice in chains is releasing there new album this year, (pray to god its on rock band DLC) maybe its when the ppl that changed rock music as a a whole genre is revived.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited April 2009
    camero1970;2295118 said:
    Grunge was 80's.. yeah, okay.. it started lateeeee with Alice in chains releaseing facelift, and nirvana releasing Bleach. Grugne really started in 1989, but was mainly famous from 1989 to about ..ehhh, 1997.
    *cough* Green River *cough*

It was made famous in the 90s
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Big band metal with electric guitars double bass and trumpets and saxa-mo-phones.
  • camero1970camero1970 Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    FlyGuyLXI;2295359 said:
    *cough* Green River *cough*

It was made famous in the 90s
    Yeah, them too, oh and cant forget Mudhoney