Are they making The Beatles: Rock Band for the PS2 as well?

FOXGEARFOXGEAR Unsigned
edited June 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I realize it is about time to let the the old dog die, but all I have is that old dog. And I REALLY want this game. I was as giddy as a Twilight fangirl (sqwee!) when I heard about it, then almost ripped my hair out when all I saw was the next(current?) gen systems listed on Amazon. Are they making it for the PS2? This is all I want, PLEASE!?

Comments

• jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Nope, you'll have to upgrade eventually anyway.
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Official press release backs it up:

• The Beatles: Rock Band Software - Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: $59.99 MSRP
    • The Beatles: Rock Band Standalone Guitars - Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: $99.99 MSRP
    • The Beatles: Rock Band Limited Edition Premium Bundle: Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: $249.99 MSRP
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited April 2009
    good, the ps2 shouldn't get it.
  • axejammeraxejammer Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    hey that's not fair! that old dog is all I have also with a lot of money invested in it! I can't afford to up grade right now. If I did, what, 200 plus games go down the drain!? I don't think so. really not fair. How upsetting.
  • ironman126ironman126 Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    They don't go down the drain, you can still play them and keep your ps2 set up. You just gain the ability to play new games that come out. Unfortunately you're sig is incorrect in this situation, the ps2 is just to old to rock.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    axejammer;2291429 said:
    hey that's not fair! that old dog is all I have also with a lot of money invested in it! I can't afford to up grade right now. If I did, what, 200 plus games go down the drain!? I don't think so. really not fair. How upsetting.
    What do you mean it's not fair? The console is over a decade old. You should be happy that companies are releasing games for it PERIOD.

You don't see Gamecube or Xbox fans complaining that HMX and Activision doesn't release new RB/GH titles for those consoles.
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    So does this mean we aren't getting the SNES version of Beatles: Rock Band? Man, that ticks me off like you wouldn't believe!
    edited April 2009
    Rod_Stixx;2291474 said:
    So does this mean we aren't getting the SNES version of Beatles: Rock Band? Man, that ticks me off like you wouldn't believe!
    Oh quit whining...they haven't released a new game for us Atari 3600 owners in YEARS!
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    T-Hybrid;2291486 said:
    Oh quit whining...they haven't released a new game for us Atari 3600 owners in YEARS!
    I almost feel guilty for complaining now.

I feel your pain though. You would think they might throw us a bone every now and then.
  • onduvalstonduvalst Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Dude just upgrade to a PS3, all you RB gear should work with the PS3 (if USB) and you could either leave you PS2 hooked up beside it (thats what I do) or find a BC 80gig on Ebay.
  • wickedbadzwickedbadz Banned
    edited April 2009
    Oscar-Rio;2290950 said:
    good, the ps2 shouldn't get it.
    Why? PS2 versions of games outsell PS3 so maybe PS3 shouldn't get it since games sales suck for it.
  • TheGreatKtuluTheGreatKtulu Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    T-Hybrid;2291486 said:
    It might help if something called an Atari 3600 had actually existed... :D
  • CaptainFeralCaptainFeral Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    wickedbadz;2291617 said:
    Why? PS2 versions of games outsell PS3 so maybe PS3 shouldn't get it since games sales suck for it.
    ...Damn and blast your eyes, sir.
    You killed my "waa us dreamcast owners aren't getting it" reply.
    You've actually got a point.
  • wickedbadzwickedbadz Banned
    edited April 2009
    CaptainFeral;2291822 said:
    ...Damn and blast your eyes, sir.
    You killed my "waa us dreamcast owners aren't getting it" reply.
    You've actually got a point.
    It's dead on the truth too, PS2 outsells the hell out of PS3 games. Sony would be belly up if it wasn't for the PS2 because their pride and joy PS3 sure doesn't sell very well and neither do the games for it. As someone who owns a PS3 I keep waiting to wake up one day and read this company or that company has decided to halt production of titles cause of poor sales for it. It's sad, but it will happen eventually.
  • Bobman32xBobman32x Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    the ps3 sells just fine. Just the 360 sells better. That and the Wii is a freak of nature thats ruining gaming despite making billions
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited April 2009
    I still think that they haven't announced a PS2 version because they won't be able to port it in time for the Number 9 Release Date. Odds are they'll throw PS2 users a bone afterward.
  • HeadcaseHeadcase Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    axejammer;2291429 said:
    The new PS3s are software backwards-compatible IIRC.

Plus your PS2 instruments will work on PS3 games.
  • MoireadMoiread Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    The PS2 will not be retired until the PS3 becomes realistically affordable. That is all.
  • JixzerJixzer Hillbilly Deluxe
    edited April 2009
    I know this is a drastic measure, but if you have over 200 games, you could take all those games and your console to GameStop or GameCrazy and get a good amount of money towards a PS3 or 360.

I'm not recommending that, since you will get raped on the trade-in value, but it's an option.

:)
    edited April 2009
    Headcase;2296807 said:
    The new PS3s are software backwards-compatible IIRC.
    Not anymore. I think any PS3 manufacutred in the last year and a half or so is no longer backwards compatible.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2009
    T-Hybrid;2296868 said:
    Not anymore. I think any PS3 manufacutred in the last year and a half or so is no longer backwards compatible.
    Yeah. complete bullcrap.
  • edited April 2009
    On the bright side, you can get a new Xbox 360 from dell home for like $150, which isn't too bad. :)

With the new Beatles bundle that would be $400 total, which is a lot, but you'd get yourself on the newest generation and have access to a whole new library of games, DLC, and other goodies.
  • Nuff_SaidNuff_Said Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    axejammer;2291429 said:
    it's not as though your new 360 will cause your PS2 to stop functioning. Many people have multiple systems. Not that uncommon really.
  • DemeniseDemenise Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Heh, I still play my Nintendo 64 constantly. And I bet that now I can find some good games cheap. Don't worry about your PS2 while upgrading; it won't evaporate.
  • cmg4894cmg4894 Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    wickedbadz;2291906 said:
    It's dead on the truth too, PS2 outsells the hell out of PS3 games. Sony would be belly up if it wasn't for the PS2 because their pride and joy PS3 sure doesn't sell very well and neither do the games for it. As someone who owns a PS3 I keep waiting to wake up one day and read this company or that company has decided to halt production of titles cause of poor sales for it. It's sad, but it will happen eventually.
    Didn't Sony just do another price drop to $99 a few weeks ago?
    I have never been a PS1, 2 or 3 fan. Just not my thing. Nintendo then Microsoft. Not to bash or slam them, just not my thing. I really don't understand the PS2 only people. I understand the money thing, I really do but the new gens have been out at least 1.5 years. No other gens have had this long of a overlap.

I just don't understand Sony on this. For all you PS2/3 people. Will this be the first major game released for all the other platforms but the PS2? If it is this might be a start of companies leaving the PS2 behind. People can't complain because it's been out for almost 8 years which is the longest a console has been supported.
  • LockheedLockheed Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Two words: Trade In.
  • SikarisSikaris Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    PS2 support really has got to stop. People see no reason to buy a PS3 until things like this come up.
  • Watch_Me_XplodeWatch_Me_Xplode Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Look at it this way: if you bought a PS3 now, you could still use all the same instrument controllers. That will save you a good couple hundred dollars. It's not going to cost as much as you think. Not to mention, you can find a backwards-compatible model and enjoy all your PS2 games.
  • cmg4894cmg4894 Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Lockheed;2298649 said:
    Two words: Trade In.
    Sadly Trade-In value on a PS2:

1/2 eaten doughnut and a kiss from Sean.
  • acondon747acondon747 Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    PS2 versions sell more because:
    A: they are 10 bucks cheaper
    B: normal people have backwards compatible PS3's
    C: these numbers are made up :)
This discussion has been closed.