Doing a Co-op

AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
edited April 2009 in History of Rock
So me, Jukeboxhero and some other users have deciding to do a musical co-op. We are using this tread to interact with each other.
People on co-op
AKALink: Keys, Rhythm Guitar, Harmony vocals, writing
Jukeboxhero: bass
Fizzeler: Lead or Harmony Vocals
ThrobingCane: Production, Drums
Gowienczyk: lead guitar

I will write the song soon. Probably this week end so save/bookmark this tread.

Anyone want to help I would like a drum and lead guitarist to help. Post here with a sample to submit yourself.

First preview. Yeah Youtube quick capture ftL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z72nPHr37bs
Here are my tracks.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JRQDMMOS

Comments

• FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    ThrobingCane;2298410 said:
    what kinda song do you guys wanna do? I can play just a bout any thing except im not to good at swing,
    Preferably I would say any of these genres:
    Metal, Progressive, Psychedelic, Blues, and Jazz Fusion
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited April 2009
    I'll try any genre, best way to learn imo.

Edit: I'm most versed in noise, experimental, etc. though.
  • ThrobingCaneThrobingCane Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    yea i dont realy care, If this thing happens the first song will probably be kinda rough.
  • AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    I just coming up with something we could. It is pretty progressive. It is in D Dorian and then for the solos and bridge it is in E minor. The main D Dorian part has the chord progression Dm-C-Dm-C-G-A7-G-A7 Repeat. The middle part I still have to work out but it will contain the chord Em, GM7, B, and A
    Fizzeler;2298376 said:
    I just need some recording equipment (or I will use my bros webcam :D) check the other thread to see my range :)

Need to hear the instruments to decide the pitch :D
    Use the RB mic
    edited April 2009
    AKALink;2298443 said:
    I just coming up with something we could. It is pretty progressive. It is in D Dorian and then for the solos and bridge it is in E minor. The main D Dorian part has the chord progression Dm-C-Dm-C-G-A7-G-A7 Repeat. The middle part I still have to work out but it will contain the chord Em, GM7, B, and A
    I will decide pitch after hearing the instruments (don't want to overshadow anyone)

^ I don't have an RB mic, but do have something that will work (WOW Vent thing my bro uses)
    edited April 2009
    I'm more of a improv musician than a songwriter when it comes to my guitarwork, so yeah; if you want me to work with rhythm (pretty average on that I guess) I'll give it a shot. My non-noise lead is awful, though, so I'll let you work with that.
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited April 2009
    AKALink;2298443 said:

Use the RB mic
    Natural minor? Melodic? Harmonic?
    edited April 2009
    JukeBoxHero;2298460 said:
    Natural minor? Melodic? Harmonic?
    Dorian is like minor only the B is natural. So the unaltered chords in the scale are, Dm Em F G A Bdim C
    Gowienczyk;2298451 said:
    I'm more of a improv musician than a songwriter when it comes to my guitarwork, so yeah; if you want me to work with rhythm (pretty average on that I guess) I'll give it a shot. My non-noise lead is awful, though, so I'll let you work with that.
    I would like you to do lead since I can't do that and I only have an acoustic. It would be perfect. I'll record a sample for everyone to hear
    edited April 2009
    How do you guys wanna do this?
    production wise?

I think we record the track we are doing on the track that was sent to us then send it on... to get a rough track then send the individual tracks to the person thats mixing down
    edited April 2009
    AKALink;2298476 said:
    Dorian is like minor only the B is natural. So the unaltered chords in the scale are, Dm Em F G A Bdim C

I would like you to do lead since I can't do that and I only have an acoustic. It would be perfect. I'll record a sample for everyone to hear
    You want a experimental noise guitarist to do lead? lolwat.
    edited April 2009
    ThrobingCane;2298498 said:
    How do you guys wanna do this?
    production wise?

I think we record the track we are doing on the track that was sent to us then send it on... to get a rough track then send the individual tracks to the person thats mixing down
    Sounds good to me :)
  • furious_stylesfurious_styles Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    I may be down to supply some vocals, once I know more about the project. :]
    edited April 2009
    AKALink;2298476 said:

Nah, I was talking about the E minor, just natural minor?
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2298511 said:
    Sounds good to me :)
    OK sweet thats how we will do that.

I have to go now... my friends are getting pissed cause im late to pick them up, ill be on here tomorrow at like noon central time.:D

Are we going to send the tracks through email??? I can PM my email if so.
    edited April 2009
    JukeBoxHero;2298533 said:
    Nah, I was talking about the E minor, just natural minor?
    E natural Minor
    ThrobingCane;2298543 said:
    OK sweet thats how we will do that.

I have to go now... my friends are getting pissed cause im late to pick them up, ill be on here tomorrow at like noon central time.:D

Are we going to send the tracks through email??? I can PM my email if so.
    E-mail will work to communicate. But I would like to use wav as the maters so megaupload and rapied share to do that will work. I won't be seriously on until Wednesday and Friday will be my best day to work on it. I been getting a lot of hours at work since that guy quit.

Youtube video is coming soon.
    edited April 2009
    AKALink;2298587 said:
    E natural Minor

E-mail will work to communicate. But I would like to use wav as the maters so megaupload and rapied share to do that will work. I won't be seriously on until Wednesday and Friday will be my best day to work on it. I been getting a lot of hours at work since that guy quit.

Youtube video is coming soon.
    Alright sweet, natural minor is always fun to work in.
    edited April 2009
    I know basically crap about tuning, scales and theory; so don't expect this improv musician to understand your fancy talking about minors and majors.
    edited April 2009
    The sample on the OP seems pretty neat, I might be able to work with that with my style kinda alt-y too, I can dig it.
    edited April 2009
    I can work with the sample (got an idea of what range I should use at least ;)) I will need you to PM me the lyrics though
    edited April 2009
    Trying to follow the rhythm and chord changes so I can find fills that are appropriate for this song.

Edit:I'm not use to listening to acoustic guitar, so it's bit hard to pick up the chord changes at times.
    edited April 2009
    Actually another question, is everything the same progressions you had down before?
    edited April 2009
    Question on my end; I know lead is a bit trickier but I like to play more low chords and watnot; that's not a huge problem, is it? To have more oomph to the r-section or something?
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    I can offer words of encouragement. Everyone needs that :)

I wouldn't mind writing lyrics, I guess, if you need someone to do that.
    edited April 2009
    Gowienczyk;2298762 said:
    Question on my end; I know lead is a bit trickier but I like to play more low chords and watnot; that's not a huge problem, is it? To have more oomph to the r-section or something?
    That's fine.Did you think I was expecting you to be soloing during the verses.
    edited April 2009
    edited April 2009
    I liked the sample it was pretty sweet. I could definetly put drums to that.

How complex do you guys think the drums should be? I have already thought of a bunch of diferant things I could do. But I dont want the drums to be so crazy that the overshadow the rest of the song.

I might just improv the song, when I get it. seems like an easy song to do this to.

I think the rough vocals should be on the track thats is given to me.
    edited April 2009
    improv > songwriting
    edited April 2009
    ^Mabey for this it is, but I prefer writing songs, but seing that im not in the writing process improv seem to be the best way to go.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Gowienczyk;2302206 said:
    improv > songwriting
    Definitely not true lyrically :cool:
    edited April 2009
    instantdeath999;2303232 said:
    Definitely not true lyrically :cool:
    You can get a funny song lyrically, but improv writing I gotten Toast Man and Radioactive Sex. :D Definitely prefer normal song writing for something solid.

Also AKA you didn't respond to my post , same chord progressions that you described originally for the song sample?