Rock Blog Friday 07/13/07

edited July 2007 in Announcements
Holy crap. I just got word that Shigeru Miyamoto stopped by our demo at E3 and watched our team play Rock Band. Don't mind us, we're just having a nerd coronary over here. No need to send help, I'm sure we will eventually recover. He didn't have time to play the game but he did shake hands. Those hands will never again be washed.

Blogs! Designer DanT breaks down the awesomeness that was E3 and points out a few things in the videos that you may not have noticed. One of the great things about having released a bunch of info and video this week is we can talk about some of this stuff! We also have a new one from QA. Less a blog than an admonishment, but there you go. Someone needs to keep you on the up and up. UPDATE- we also have Warburg back from the Dutch Underground with al ate edition Sports and Weather. Enjoy!

DanT scours video for things you may have missed

QA is stern because they care.

Warburg with sports and weather.

Comments

• ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Solid blog by DanT. I do like the idea of Head to Head for each instrument, so that singers vs. singers and so on. It will be fun to see how you rank in each instrument.

Also I was wondering going along with the question of pre-ordering, where is the best place to pre-order? Is rockband.com going to be selling the game, or are we going to have to pre-order them from sites like bestbuy and gamestop?

It's really cool that Shigeru Miyamoto likes rockband, hopefully it can come out on the Wii!!

I'm looking forward to rockband on gamespot tonight as well! Hopefully it will make for some nice new game footage.
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Happy Brutal Rocking Metal Friday The 13 To ALL
  • FunkaTrunkFunkaTrunk Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    TheRocker;12932 said:
    Happy Brutal Rocking Metal Friday The 13 To ALL
    I think I'll say that every Friday the 13th from now on. I mean...every Brutal Rocking Metal Friday the 13th from now on.

And Mr. Nintendo himself? Nice work guys.
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Thats quite an honor..........i would have shat myself
  • Angry_GamesAngry_Games Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    haha dorks...about like when my trekkie dork friend got to shake Mr Spock's hand at some convention. My lord, I thought he was going to have to...take care of himself in the bathroom.

But that guy is definitely a legend. And if he's impressed (and remember, Japanese gamers and designers are on almost a totally different plane of existence, not necessarily better or worse, than ours over here in the west), then I think that is equal to just about any other combined group of peers that would praise you for your work.

be careful about not washing the hands though...you'll end up like Peter's old girlfriend on Family Guy...all black and rotted haha. (and learning to play the guitar with your feet is just...gross...maybe not for you, but for the dudes who play after you...eeewwww)
  • edited July 2007
    With the Who's Next announcement, is it just a matter of time before London Calling is announced as a DL album?????

Come on, Sean...let this list be your (somewhat) guide ;)

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/5938174/the_rs_500_greatest_albums_of_all_time
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    E3 sounds like a twisted neon-flavored beauty and seeing the G4 crew rock out was just too precious. The man hit the Circle of Light! And Webb was rocking out! It was all too much.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited July 2007
    Head to head for every instrument sounds awesome. Buying two drum sets, two microphones, and such does not sound quite as awesome. I need to make some rich friends in the near future.
  • JimNasiumJimNasium Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    I hope that means it'll make its way to the Wii
  • franknfurter1000franknfurter1000 Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    Dude, My f*cking "e" string broke during a gig on friday.
  • FunkaTrunkFunkaTrunk Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    franknfurter1000;14194 said:
    Dude, My f*cking "e" string broke during a gig on friday.
    Was anyone hurt? Are you ok?
  • edited July 2007
    DanT's blogs are always awesome. I'm still waiting for him to accidently let something slip and for Sean to not pick up on it because he's too busy controlling the E3 noobs posting random crap on the forums.
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited July 2007
    LOL, too bad Miyamoto didn't play the game, I'm sure he would have loved it and soon we would have a similar game made by him for Wii. :D

Anyway, I would have loved to see a video with Miyamoto playing Rock Band. :P
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    That would have been awesome if Miyamoto would have played.... Oh well, at least you got to shake hands with the man who gave us Zelda and Mario (right?).
  • NorrenRaddNorrenRadd Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    A video of Miyamoto rocking out would be legendary.

TV Ad for Rock Band: Shiggy loves this game (cue video)