My Rock Band punk edition setlist

anti-flagrocksanti-flagrocks Unsigned
edited May 2009 in Your Ultimate Setlist
This is my list which is so far incomplete.

Against Me!- I Still Love You Julie
Alkaline Trio- Wait For The Blackout
Anti-Flag- Sodom and Gommorah, Washington D.C (Sheep In Shepards Clothing)
Anti-Flag and The Nightwatchman- Beds Are Burning cover
Aus Rotten- Sexist Appeal
Authority Zero- One More Minute
Bad Religion- Atomic Garden
Billy Talent- Red Flag
Bouncing Souls- Sing Along Forever
Bruce Springsteen- Outlaw Pete (the only one I can think of but Bruce Springsteen influcence punk bands like for example Anti-Flag, so I had to put him in but if you would like to make a suggestion for a different Bruce Springsteen song then that would be great.)
Bruce Springsteen and Tom Morello- The Ghost Of Tom Joad live http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoidJKJkaPw
The Casualities-Unknown Soldier
The Clash- London Calling
Crass- Punk Is Dead
Dead Kennedys- Chemical Warfare/Drug Me
Dropkick Murphys- The Gauntlet
Green Day- Minority
H2O- What Happened?
The Living End- Second Solution
Love Equals Death- When We Fall
The Methadones- Solitude
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones- The Impression That I Get
Motorhead- Rock Out (Moterhead influenced many punk bands)
MXPX- Now That You're On Fire
The Nightwatchman- Whatever It Takes (Tom Morello inluenced punk bands, played with Anti-Flag, and produced Anti-Flag's album)
Nirvana- Lithium (alot of people think Nirvana is in a way, punk, plus they influenced some punk bands)
NOFX- Seperation Of Church And Skate
The Offspring- Stuff Is Messed Up
Pennywise- Anyone Listening?
Rage Against The Machine- Bullet In The Head (they influenced punk bands)
The Ramones- Rock N Roll High School
Rancid- Last One To Die
Red Lights Flash- Haven't We Aged Well?
Rise Against- Life Less Frightening
The Sex Pistols- God Save The Queen
Social Appetite- High Hopes
Social Distortion- Ball And Chain
Still Pending- Perpetually
Story Of The Year- The Antidote
Street Dogs- Guns
Strike Anywhere- Refusal
Sum 41- Underclass Hero
The Unseen- Are We Dead Yet?

Like I said, this is incomplete. I am still missing plenty of good bands that I would like to put on this list. Also some of the songs I have may change but this is just what I came up with for now. You may suggest different songs for the bands that I have and some other bands that I don't have and you may also suggest some stuff that could be used as DLC. So what is your opinon of it so far?

Comments

• edited April 2009
    Its not bad but you need more classic punk
  • PostpunkerPostpunker Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    For your modern acts this list could probably be truncated a bit. I think, at least to start out, that the more influential bands from a particular era should be listed and then go from there. That way a good base is established which may allow for the punk genre to catch on and be more popular in Rockband.

For instance, I think you have it dead on with bands like Pennywise, Bad Religion, etc., being influential in their times. Alkaline Trio, Sum 41, MXPX, etc., not so much. While I don't think these bands are bad, I really don't see them as anything spectacular or influential for various reasons.

I agree with Clash too. Definitely need more of the classics... especially the 80's punk where thrash, hardcore, socal punk, etc., grew roots.
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited April 2009
    Postpunker;2344958 said:
    For your modern acts this list could probably be truncated a bit. I think, at least to start out, that the more influential bands from a particular era should be listed and then go from there. That way a good base is established which may allow for the punk genre to catch on and be more popular in Rockband.

For instance, I think you have it dead on with bands like Pennywise, Bad Religion, etc., being influential in their times. Alkaline Trio, Sum 41, MXPX, etc., not so much. While I don't think these bands are bad, I really don't see them as anything spectacular or influential for various reasons.

I agree with Clash too. Definitely need more of the classics... especially the 80's punk where thrash, hardcore, socal punk, etc., grew roots.
    Those are good points. Also, if you're calling the game Rock Band: Punk Edition, I'd recommend delving deeper into what punk is. Add some bands like Crass, Subhumans, The Exploited, Stiff Little Fingers, etc. You know, some of the bands that would tear your face off when you saw them live back in the day.
  • tron527tron527 Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    There also have to be some representation from the LA punk movement of the early 80's. Black Flag, X, Circle Jerks, The Germs, etc..
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Needs Bad Brains and Misfits...
  • thedanielthedaniel Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Most of the bands you picked are pretty mediocre, in my opinion at least. The good bands the you did pick have pretty mediocre songs.

I'd go into specifics, but I really don't have the time.
  • TransbrakTransbrak Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Sum 41 and the like are not punk.

End of Thread.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited April 2009
    It needs more Post-Punk!

Bring on The Smiths!!
  • anti-flagrocksanti-flagrocks Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    Well like I said it's incomplete and there should be some song changes and more classic punk bands being added soon.
    edited April 2009
    It's now been updated with a few more bands and a couple of song changes. Keep on posting suggestions. I'm still going to be getting more classic stuff soon.
    Also any ideas on some good girl punk bands? I don't know too many but I thought this list needed at least one or two girl bands.
  • zidan57zidan57 Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    I would probably try to stay away from song choices already for the reg game, like The Clash-Should I Stay or Should I Go, and Dead Kennedies-California Uber Alles, Also Misfits is a must have, they have earned a right influencing as many bands as they did and creating a whole new punk genre, I would go with songs like American Psycho, Crimson Ghost, Saturday Night, or Speak of the Devil, although most people say Danzig era or nothing, I think the Graves songs fit Rock Band a little better.
  • timmay9timmay9 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    This is pathetic. Lack of proto-punk, CBGB's bands, Patti Smith, Husker Du, etc. is embarrassing. Aren't you the same guy who made the JB's thread?
  • edited April 2009
    Should I Stay Or Should I Go? C'mon man, thats one of the worst Clash songs
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited April 2009
    TheClashTheClashTheClash;2346568 said:
    Should I Stay Or Should I Go? C'mon man, thats one of the worst Clash songs
    Also the fact that it's already in Rock Band, but terrible Clash selection nonetheless.
  • edited April 2009
    LegendofRock3021;2346576 said:
    Also the fact that it's already in Rock Band, but terrible Clash selection nonetheless.
    Yes that too. He orginally had London Calling...I don't know why he would switch it b/c London Calling is leagues better than Should I Stay
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited April 2009
    Drop Should I Stay or Should I Go? and California Uber Alles from the list since they were already inducted to Rock Band 1 and its DLC.

I got nothing for The Clash, but for the Dead Kennedys try:

Chemical Warfare/Drug Me - for difficulty
    Forest Fire - for pure amusement (and some difficulty too)
    Riot - for length
    others:
    Halloween, I am the Owl, Kill the Poor, Moon Over Marin

or, I you like Jello Biafra, try sampling his other band, Lard.
  • edited April 2009
    For the Clash do London Calling or Tommy Gun and for Dead Kennedys Kill the Poor would be awesome
  • leftover_crackleftover_crack Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    anti-flagrocks;2346172 said:
    anti-flagrocks
    new or old anti-flag?
  • PostpunkerPostpunker Opening Act
    edited May 2009
    anti-flagrocks;2346204 said:
    It's now been updated with a few more bands and a couple of song changes. Keep on posting suggestions. I'm still going to be getting more classic stuff soon.
    Also any ideas on some good girl punk bands? I don't know too many but I thought this list needed at least one or two girl bands.
    This seems to be a good list:

L7
    f-minus
    bratmobile
    bikini kill
    vice squad
    nausea
    babes in toyland
    lunachicks
    midnight creeps
    ny relx
    autoclave
    naked aggression
    i object
    sonic youth

I found much of it online though. So take it for what you will.
    edited May 2009
    Alright. I'll see which ones of those girl bands I want to put into my list.
    Also I actually have no reason why I changed the Clash song but I guess I should change it back. And with the Dead Kennedys, I actually (though I hate to admit) never played the original Rock Band and I didn't bother checking to see what songs were already in the game. I'll change the Dead Kennedys song when I figure which one I want in.
    (Letftover Crack) Both Anti-Flag though the old stuff is better. But I hear their new album (coming out this June) is supposed to be more the old Anti-Flag.
    (Timmay) Does anyone read? I've posted twice that my list is incomplete for now. So some of those bands may still end up on my list.
    (TheClashTheClashTheClash) By the way I'm a girl.
    edited May 2009
    One more thing, there has to be a limit to how many songs are for the actual game. How many songs do you guys think should be in the game?
    edited May 2009
    Alright, I changed 4 songs and added 4 songs. I would still like more suggestions, though I prefer that you don't just suggest I band, I want song suggestions along with the band suggestions. Plus if there's any other songs you think I should change than please say so. Also I have a small list of bands that I haven't chosen the songs for yet and would like you to help me choose the songs for them.
    Here they are: Bad Brains, Against All Authority, Sex Pistols, Sick Of It All, Descendents, Less Than Jake, Suicide Machines, Suicidal Tendencies, No Use For A Name, Black Flag, and Propagandhi.
    One more thing, don't complain if a certain band isn't on my list or the list of bands that I haven't chosen songs for yet,If they aren't on the list it's because I just haven't added them yet. Besides, it's not like I can cover every punk band to ever exist because that would be pretty much impossible.
    edited May 2009
    Since the tierings of 0 to 6 follow a strict balance rule, do a multiple of 7, maybe try around 56, 63 or 70.

PS. Chemical Warfare and Drug Me are two different songs.
  • leftover_crackleftover_crack Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    i still like my punk setlist more go look at it
    edited May 2009
    List updated again with a few songs. Mostly bands and singer who influenced punk music though.
    edited May 2009
    anti-flagrocks;2364379 said:
    List updated again with a few songs. Mostly bands and singer who influenced punk music though.
    speaking of which, I'm pretty bummed you left out The Stooges.
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited May 2009
    Still no Bad Brains or Misfits?
  • edited May 2009
    anti-flagrocks;2349537 said:
    Alright. I'll see which ones of those girl bands I want to put into my list.
    Also I actually have no reason why I changed the Clash song but I guess I should change it back. And with the Dead Kennedys, I actually (though I hate to admit) never played the original Rock Band and I didn't bother checking to see what songs were already in the game. I'll change the Dead Kennedys song when I figure which one I want in.
    (Letftover Crack) Both Anti-Flag though the old stuff is better. But I hear their new album (coming out this June) is supposed to be more the old Anti-Flag.
    (Timmay) Does anyone read? I've posted twice that my list is incomplete for now. So some of those bands may still end up on my list.
    (TheClashTheClashTheClash) By the way I'm a girl.
    The Dead Kennedys are actually DLC and not on RB1
  • oootfooootfo Opening Act
    edited May 2009
    edited May 2009
    Still not done, remember that. I've still got quite a few songs to go.