LegendofRock3021 & ROCKBANDFANATIC7526's RB3 DLC

LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
edited October 2012 in Your Ultimate Setlist
This will be the thread for all the DLC we'll be adding. Here's the main setlist.


Full Albums:

Billy Squier - Don't Say No
Death - Individual Thought Patterns
King Diamond - Abigail
Mötley Crüe - Shout at the Devil
Nocturnus - The Key
Nudeswirl - Nudeswirl
Operation Ivy - Energy
The Police - Outlandos d'Amour
Ride - Nowhere
The Stooges - Raw Power
Sunny Day Real Estate - Diary
Van Halen - Van Halen
Witchcraft - Witchcraft
X - Los Angeles




Band Packs:

The Animals:

Baby Let Me Take You Home
Bury My Body
Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
House of the Rising Sun
The Story of Bo Diddley
We Gotta Get Out of This Place


Atheist:

And the Psychic Saw
Animal
Mother Man
On They Slay
Piece of Time
Samba Briza


Best Coast:

Boyfriend
Gone Again
Goodbye
In My Room
Sun Was High (So Was I)
When I'm With You


Black Sabbath:

Children of the Grave
Heaven and Hell
Into the Void
Neon Knights
Supernaut
Wicked World


Cream:

Crossroads
I Feel Free
I'm So Glad
N.S.U.
SWLABR
Those Were the Days


Danzig:

Bodies
How the Gods Kill
The Hunter
Long Way Back from Hell
Mother
Soul on Fire


Deep Purple:

Burn
Fireball
Flight of the Rat
Pictures of Home
River Deep, Mountain High
Stormbringer


The Doors:

L.A. Woman
People are Strange
Riders on the Storm
Roadhouse Blues
Soul Kitchen
Touch Me



Electric Light Orchestra:

Do Ya
Ma-Ma-Ma Belle
Rockaria!
Sweet Talkin' Woman
Tightrope
Turn to Stone


The Flaming Lips:

Frogs
The Guy Who Got a Headache and Accidentally Saves the World
Kim's Watermelon Gun
Pilot at the ***** of God
Shaved Gorilla
When Yer Twenty Two


Focus:

Answers? Questions! Questions? Answers!
Glider
Hamburger Concerto
Harem Scarem
Round Goes the Gossip
Sylvia


Frank Zappa:

Apostrophe
Camarillo Brillo
I'm the Slime
Montana
My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama
San Ber'dino


Fugazi:

Bed for the Scraping
Bulldog Front
Facet Squared
Lockdown
Repeater
Song #1


Generation X:

Dancing With Myself
King Rocker
Kiss Me Deadly
Ready Steady Go
Wild Youth
Your Generation


Heart:

Dog & Butterfly
Lighter Touch
Little Queen
Magic Man
Straight on
White Lightning and Wine


Helloween:

The Dark Ride
Eagle Fly Free
Halloween
I Want Out
Metal Invaders
Ride the Sky


Hibria:

Defying the Rules
Nonconforming Minds
Screaming Ghost
Shoot Me Down
Steel Lord on Wheels
Tiger Punch


The Hollies:

Away Away Away
Bus Stop
Dear Eloise
King Midas in Reverse
Postcard
Step Inside


Iron Maiden (Paul Di’Anno):

Purgatory
Running Free
Sanctuary
Transylvania
Twilight Zone
Wrathchild


The Jam:

Beat Surrender
David Watts
Down in the Tube Station at Midnight
The Eton Rifles
Funeral Pyre
Girl on the Phone


The Jesus Lizard:

Monkey Trick
More Beautiful Than Barbie
Nub
Puss
Rodeo in Joliet
Skull of a German


Joy Division:

Digital
Failures
Shadowplay
Twenty Four Hours
Warsaw
Wilderness


The Kinks:

Big Sky
Cadillac
I Gotta Go Now
Lola
Waterloo Sunset
You Really Got Me


The Lillingtons:

All I Hear is Static
I Saw the Apeman (On the Moon)
Invasion of the Saucermen
Lillington High
One Armed Man
X-Ray Specs


The Magnetic Fields:

Drive on, Driver
I Don't Really Love You Anymore
The Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side
No One Will Ever Love You
When My Boy Walks Down the Street
You and Me and the Moon


Mazzy Star:

Bells Ring
Blue Flower
Fade into You
Ghost Highway
Halah
Roseblood


Melvins:

A History of Bad Men
Billy Fish
The Bit
Honey Bucket
Leeech
Revolve


Mercyful Fate:

A Corpse Without Soul
Burning the Cross
Curse of the Pharaohs
Desecration of Souls
Doomed by the Living Dead
Evil


My Bloody Valentine:

(When You Wake) You're Still in a Dream
Feed Me With Your Kiss
Honey Power
Soon
Strawberry Wine
You Made Me Realise


The Offspring:

Blackball
Crossroads
Dirty Magic
Genocide
Have You Ever
Million Miles Away


Pere Ubu:

Blow Daddy-o
Final Solution
Heart of Darkness
Street Waves!!
Two Girls (One Bar)
Waiting for Mary


Primus:

To Defy the Laws of Tradition
Harold of the Rocks
Jellikit
John the Fisherman
Tommy the Cat
Wynona’s Big Brown Beaver


Rage Against the Machine:

Bulls on Parade
Guerilla Radio
Killing in the Name

Know Your Enemy
Sleep Now in the Fire
Snakecharmer


Rainbow:

A Light in the Black
Gates of Babylon
Kill the King
Self Portrait
Snake Charmer
Tarot Woman


Rush:

The Analog Kid
Bastille Day
By-Tor and the Snow Dog
Fly by Night
Freewill
The Necromancer


Sir Lord Baltimore:

Caesar LXXI
Cosmic Voice
Helium Head (I Got a Love)
Hell Hound
Lady of Fire
Pumped Up


Slowdive:

40 Days
Alison
Catch the Breeze
Primal
Souvlaki Space Station
When the Sun Hits


Thin Lizzy:

Chinatown
Emerald
The Rocker
Roisin Dubh (Black Rose): A Rock Legend
Romeo and the Lonely Girl
Warriors


Uriah Heep:

Easy Livin'
Lady in Black
Look at Yourself
Seven Stars
Shadows of Grief
The Spell


Wolf:

Genocide
I Will Kill Again
Moonlight
Speed on
Vicious Companions
Wolf's Blood


The Yardbirds:

A Certain Girl
For Your Love
Good Morning Little Schoolgirl
I Wish You Would
Over Under Sideways Down
Shapes of Things


Yes:

Heart of the Sunrise
I've Seen All Good People

Siberian Khatru
South Side of the Sky
Starship Trooper

Yours is No Disgrace


The Zombies:

Indication
Time of the Season
What More Can I Do?
Whenever You're Ready
Woman
You Make Me Feel Good

Comments

  • edited May 2009
    Fizzeler;2395653 said:
    Yes



    What don't you like about the term?
    It's kinda offensive don't you think?
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited May 2009
    LegendofRock3021;2395656 said:
    Speaking of Krautrock, can you give me some good examples that would be great for DLC, Fizzeler?
    Lucifer's Friend - Ride The Sky
    Neu! - Hero
    Nektar - King Of Twilight
  • DrumStixDrumStix Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    Just remember . . .



    Radiohead - OK Computer
    The Clash - London Calling


    =D
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited May 2009
    Fizzeler;2395667 said:
    Lucifer's Friend - Ride The Sky
    Neu! - Hero
    Nektar - King Of Twilight
    Excellent, thank you.
    DrumStix;2395671 said:
    Just remember . . .



    Radiohead - OK Computer
    The Clash - London Calling


    =D
    Haha, lol. In all seriousness though, those two albums will be DLC at some point.
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited May 2009
    LegendofRock3021;2395656 said:
    Speaking of Krautrock, can you give me some good examples that would be great for DLC, Fizzeler?
    Any track from Can or early Scorpions (Fly to the Rainbow, Lonesome Crow)
  • ryan12147ryan12147 Headliner
    edited May 2009
    LegendofRock3021;2395372 said:
    This will be the thread for all the DLC I'll be doing. I'll take suggestions and ideas here as well for bands/songs you would like to see.

    Van Halen - Van Halen for full album DLC
    The Police - Outlandos d'Amour for full album DLC

    Cream pack:
    White Room
    Crossroads
    I Feel Free
    I’m So Glad
    Strange Brew
    Badge

    Black Sabbath pack:
    Supernaut
    Snowblind
    Neon Knights
    The Wizard
    Into The Void
    Heaven And Hell

    Yes Pack:
    Yours is No Disgrace
    Starship Trooper
    I’ve Seen All Good People
    South Side of the Sky
    Heart of the Sunrise
    Siberian Khatru

    Iron Maiden - Paul Di’Anno Pack:
    Running Free
    Iron Maiden
    Twilight Zone
    Wrathchild
    Sanctuary
    Purgatory

    Rage Against The Machine Pack:
    Know Your Enemy
    Gueriilla Radio
    Bulls On Parade
    Freedom
    Sleep Now in the Fire
    Killing in the Name

    Punk pack:
    The Stooges - 1969
    The Clash - White Riot
    Screeching Weasel - Cool Kids
    Sick of It All - Step Down
    Teenage Bottlerocket - In The Basement
    Toys That Kill - Bomb Sniffin’ Dogs
    Richard Hell & The Voidoids - Blank Generation
    Dead Kennedys - Pull My Strings
    Gang Of Four - Guns Before Butter
    Bad Religion - Overture/Sinister Rouge
    Ramones - Cretin Hop
    GG Allin - Bite It You Scum

    I will edit the OP once I'm finished with the DLC. That will most likely be today or tomorrow.
    Was that 1 week!? :|
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited May 2009
    ryan12147;2395712 said:
    Was that 1 week!? :|
    No, there will be a lot more songs added for "week 1". I'm not doing it by weeks though since I'm adding chunks of DLC at a time. There will be a big update when I finish "week 1" DLC since it's the first DLC I'm adding.
  • classicrockdudeclassicrockdude Headliner
    edited May 2009
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited May 2009
    classicrockdude;2396008 said:
    great so far
    Thanks, more great stuff is coming soon. I'll update the OP on Wednesday at the latest.
  • timmay9timmay9 Washed Up
    edited May 2009
    Fizzeler;2395667 said:
    Lucifer's Friend - Ride The Sky
    Neu! - Hero
    Nektar - King Of Twilight
    Wait, what? Since when is LF Krautrock?
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited May 2009
    timmay9;2396096 said:
    Wait, what? Since when is LF Krautrock?
    Krautrock began as a derogatory term to pigeonhole any progressive rock band from germany (or europe in general).
  • timmay9timmay9 Washed Up
    edited May 2009
    Ride in the Sky is not progressive! Zeppelin ripped it off for Immigrant Song!
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited May 2009
    Lucifer's Friend is a "heavy psychedelic prog" band.
  • timmay9timmay9 Washed Up
    edited May 2009
    But Ride in the Sky has no progressive qualities!
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited May 2009
    This is true, but untrue. Did it not help progress hard rock / proto-metal to the next level?
  • edited May 2009
    Gowienczyk;2396190 said:
    This is true, but untrue. Did it not help progress hard rock / proto-metal to the next level?
    That honor would go to the Kinks Debut.
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited May 2009
    DLC will be updated within the next few days as I have to finish choosing the songs. I will edit the OP and also make another post just so you guys know when I add it.

    Edit: Update will be coming tomorrow. I've been busy the last few days, so I didn't have as much time as I wanted to work on the DLC.

    Edit 2: Alright everyone, I finished the first DLC and updated the OP to include all the packs. Thank you guys for waiting patiently for me to finish the first DLC. I will be adding the next DLC in approximately 2-3 weeks, so I'll be taking suggestions until then. What do you guys think of the DLC so far?
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited May 2009
    LegendofRock3021;2411604 said:
    Alright everyone, I finished the first DLC and updated the OP to include all the packs. Thank you guys for waiting patiently for me to finish the first DLC. I will be adding the next DLC in approximately 2-3 weeks, so I'll be taking suggestions until then. What do you guys think of the DLC so far?
    Needs more Radiohead - Ok Computer full album. :D

    And Mew, lots of Mew.
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited May 2009
    Radiohead - Ok Computer
    Yawn.
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited May 2009
    Coldplayer;2411655 said:
    Needs more Radiohead - Ok Computer full album. :D

    And Mew, lots of Mew.
    What do you guys think of the DLC so far?
  • edited May 2009
    Gowienczyk;2411670 said:
    Yawn.
    Big ****^in yawn.:)
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    LegendofRock3021;2411671 said:
    What do you guys think of the DLC so far?
    well, i loved your main setlist, but the dlc is very...meh.

    only full pack i'd get is Rage. i'd get a few from Cream & The Police and only a couple from the Alt/Indie pack.

    and Floyd - See Emily Play? :confused: so, SO many great Floyd songs...why that?
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited May 2009
    KMFDM - WWIII
    Tool - The Pot
    Spineshank - Smothered
    Would never call any of these songs metal, personally.

    /randomgripe
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited May 2009
    Gowienczyk;2411707 said:
    Would never call any of these songs metal, personally.

    /randomgripe
    Well, I think of them as heavy, alternative, or progressive metal, I use allmusic and my own discretion when trying determining a specific genre for a certain band. But there will be some discrepancies, like when I wanted to put RATM in the metal pack when you could have them for alternative as well.
    FatWilma;2411703 said:
    well, i loved your main setlist, but the dlc is very...meh.

    only full pack i'd get is Rage. i'd get a few from Cream & The Police and only a couple from the Alt/Indie pack.

    and Floyd - See Emily Play? :confused: so, SO many great Floyd songs...why that?
    Okay, if you have any suggestions for DLC, I said I will be taking everything into consideration. Not everyone will agree with the DLC, I'm taking it more in the direction of my own picks with the assistance from others.
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited May 2009
    LegendofRock3021;2411719 said:
    Well, I think of them as heavy, alternative, or progressive metal, I use allmusic and my own discretion when trying determining a band's genre. But there will be some discrepancies, like when I wanted to put RATM in the metal pack when you could have them for alternative.
    But allmusic is about as credible as wikipedia (aka it's not). :confused:
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited May 2009
    Gowienczyk;2411728 said:
    But allmusic is about as credible as wikipedia (aka it's not). :confused:
    In some senses that is true, in this particular case I went with my own judgment, some people may never call Tool metal and some people would always call them a certain type of metal. Depends on what you personally believe when talking about what a specific band is in terms of grouping them in a certain genre.
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited May 2009
    LegendofRock3021;2411740 said:
    In some senses that is true, in this particular case I went with my own judgment, some people may never call Tool metal and some people would always call them a certain type of metal. Depends on what you personally believe when talking about what a specific band is in terms of grouping them in a certain genre.
    Tool is definitely arguable, but I've always seen them playing a modern urbanized style of progressive rock (called nu-prog in some communities) as such; but the others (KMFDM and Spineshank) at least for those songs I'd group into a hard rock category; unless your grouping nu-metal subculture bands into metal and hard rock bands in metal for condensing purposes.
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    LegendofRock3021;2411725 said:
    Okay, if you have any suggestions for DLC, I said I will be taking everything into consideration. Not everyone will agree with the DLC, I'm taking it more in the direction of my own picks with the assistance from others.
    well, if its Syd Floyd u want, i'd go with Astronomy Domine or Lucifer Sam. otherwise go back to my ultimate Floyd list i posted in your main setlist thread.

    for the alt/indie pack...i know u said u picked the dlc songs more to your liking, and thats cool, but i'm just not really down for any of those songs in particular.
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited May 2009
    FatWilma;2411776 said:
    well, if its Syd Floyd u want, i'd go with Astronomy Domine or Lucifer Sam. otherwise go back to my ultimate Floyd list i posted in your main setlist thread.

    for the alt/indie pack...i know u said u picked the dlc songs more to your liking, and thats cool, but i'm just not really down for any of those songs in particular.
    I'll also bet you aren't particularly pleased with all the metal I added. I did that because I am a pretty big metal fan and there was a lack of metal in my main setlist. I'll choose between those 2 Floyd songs and change See Emliy Play to one of them.
    Gowienczyk;2411758 said:
    Tool is definitely arguable, but I've always seen them playing a modern urbanized style of progressive rock (called nu-prog in some communities) as such; but the others (KMFDM and Spineshank) at least for those songs I'd group into a hard rock category; unless your grouping nu-metal subculture bands into metal and hard rock bands in metal for condensing purposes.
    I should probably change Spineshank to a band that is more associated with metal, I just tried to keep my metal pack varied a bit by getting a bunch of different metal sub-genres in there as I could.
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    LegendofRock3021;2411840 said:
    I'll also bet you aren't particularly pleased with all the metal I added. I did that because I am a pretty big metal fan and there was a lack of metal in my main setlist. I'll choose between those 2 Floyd songs and change See Emliy Play to one of them.
    oh its cool, i wouldn't have even commented on the metal (and still won't).
Sign In or Register to comment.