Rate the Above User's Last Weekly Chart (Last.fm)

Comments

  • edited May 2009
    dabears116;2427871 said:
    Good variety among rock, touching a few big names across several genres.

    ++At The Gates (although - for Slaughter of the Soul), Melvins, Megadeth, Slayer

    +Dead Kennedys, Cynic, Kylesa, Misfits, Kreator, Exhorder

    - The Sword, Silversun Pickups, Alestorm

    6/10

    http://www.last.fm/user/DaBears116
    Lots of bands I don't know but bonus points for Mission of Burma and the Animals

    6/10

    http://www.last.fm/user/TheClash57
  • timmay9timmay9 Washed Up
    edited May 2009
    ++David Bowie, Velvet Underground, Stones, etc.
    +Other Bands
    -Vampire Weekend, Angels and Airwaves
    --blink-182

    8/10

    http://www.last.fm/user/timmay99
  • dabears116dabears116 Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    timmay9;2429917 said:
    ++David Bowie, Velvet Underground, Stones, etc.
    +Other Bands
    -Vampire Weekend, Angels and Airwaves
    --blink-182

    8/10

    http://www.last.fm/user/timmay99
    Mainly post punk. Variety is extremely weak (its not like that's a huge flaw in a week's analysis though) although that's only based off of this week, good bands nevertheless.

    7.5/10

    +Mission of Burma, Television, The Replacements, Sonic Youth

    http://www.last.fm/user/DaBears116

    PS: @TheClashTheClashTheClash: If you don't know the majority of the bands, I recommend you allow someone with a legitimate opinion on it to go instead, it is a bit disappointing when your turn is simply "wasted".
  • timmay9timmay9 Washed Up
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, I've been on a post-punk kick, just like I've had shoegaze, proto-metal, etc. kicks in the past couple of months. Also, most of my top overall artists are pretty much mainstream with a few others in the mix.
  • Mystlyfe77Mystlyfe77 Big Fan
    edited May 2009
    dabears116;2429943 said:
    It's been a few days since I last rated DaBears, so let's see what changed.

    ++ Melvins, At the Gates, Mastodon (1 play :( )
    + Amebix, Misfits, Death, Slayer, Bloodbath
    - All That Remains

    A lot of good stuff, but still wish you had a few more that jumped out at me. A lot of bands I like on occasion, but I'm not a regular listener of (Amebix, Therion, Lykathea Aflame, Nocturnus, Misfits). Not bad, but not perfect overall.

    7.75/10


    http://www.last.fm/user/Lil_Lavery
  • edited May 2009
    Lots of metal which I don't like but you get a + for the DKs

    4/10

    http://www.last.fm/user/TheClash57
  • supernova1324supernova1324 Headliner
    edited May 2009
    TheClashTheClashTheClash;2442703 said:
    Lots of metal which I don't like but you get a + for the DKs

    4/10

    http://www.last.fm/user/TheClash57
    Mostly punk and not much variety, althogh you get recognition for Pixies and David Bowie.

    http://www.last.fm/user/Supernova1234

    NOTE: I just listened to Bad Brains self titled, but I don;t know why it didn't show up.
  • Tender-SurrenderTender-Surrender Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    A lot of mainstream and recognizable bands, but a good selection at that. I don't spot any particular artists I don't like, but only 1-2 I really enjoy.

    Major props for Incubus and Soundgarden.

    7/10

    http://www.last.fm/user/Scuzza/
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited May 2009
    I saw some cool variety on the chart, ranging from Yes to Helloween to Lush. There is lack of plays from the artists you have on the chart, but I assume you make random playlists instead of listening to full albums a good portion of the time. A couple bands I didn't like based off a few songs I've heard, but I only know a few songs, so I don't what possible awesome songs they have.(Matchbook Romance, My Chemical Romance, Children of Bodom, ect).

    8/10

    http://www.last.fm/user/CygnusUnggoy
  • Mystlyfe77Mystlyfe77 Big Fan
    edited May 2009
    A little bit Zappa dominated at top, but can't really mark off for that. Would like to see more artists get plays though.

    ++ Nevermore, Mastodon
    + Dead Kennedys, Yes, Pantera, Rage Against the Machine
    - Nothing too egregious, but I'm not partial to the Smashing Pumpkins or Nirvana

    Nothing too bad, would like a little more artists to get a shot. I'm curious about that japanese ska band though, sounds... interesting. I'll have to listen to them later.

    7.75/10

    http://www.last.fm/user/Lil_Lavery
  • dabears116dabears116 Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    JukeBoxHero;2445381 said:
    I saw some cool variety on the chart, ranging from Yes to Helloween to Lush. There is lack of plays from the artists you have on the chart, but I assume you make random playlists instead of listening to full albums a good portion of the time. A couple bands I didn't like based off a few songs I've heard, but I only know a few songs, so I don't what possible awesome songs they have.(Matchbook Romance, My Chemical Romance, Children of Bodom, ect).

    8/10

    http://www.last.fm/user/CygnusUnggoy
    Nice difference from the normal alternative, punk, or metal charts. Zappa is pretty good, with several other big (although mainly "good" big names) names. I like The Beatles and The Dead Kennedys. I also like your Queen albums you've been listening too (good underrated early stuff). Don't like Vulgar Display of Power though. Evaluation can't go very deep though, for the amount of scrobbles was fairly low.


    6.5/10

    http://www.last.fm/user/DaBears116

    edit: ninja'd
    Mystlyfe77;2445429 said:
    A little bit Zappa dominated at top, but can't really mark off for that. Would like to see more artists get plays though.

    ++ Nevermore, Mastodon
    + Dead Kennedys, Yes, Pantera, Rage Against the Machine
    - Nothing too egregious, but I'm not partial to the Smashing Pumpkins or Nirvana

    Nothing too bad, would like a little more artists to get a shot. I'm curious about that japanese ska band though, sounds... interesting. I'll have to listen to them later.

    7.75/10

    http://www.last.fm/user/Lil_Lavery
    Some good metal here. Great variety in metal is all I can say, a few great underground picks as well, although the lack of the amazing underground material in any genre is keeping you from a perfect score.

    ++Slayer, At The Gates, Misfits, Amebix
    +Municipal Waste, Dead Kennedys, Mastodon, Kreator
    ~In Flames, Alestorm, Cynic, Exhorder, Kylesa
    -The Sword, The Haunted, Lamb of God

    9/10


    http://www.last.fm/user/DaBears116
  • Mystlyfe77Mystlyfe77 Big Fan
    edited May 2009
    dabears116;2445441 said:

    ~In Flames
    Would it help if I told you it was entirely from their first two albums? :p
  • dabears116dabears116 Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    Mystlyfe77;2445462 said:
    Would it help if I told you it was entirely from their first two albums? :p
    I looked, if it was from post-clayman it would've been --, Colony or Clayman would be -, Lunar Strain I like, and Whoracle and Jester Race are mediocre, but they were a gateway for me, so I have some lasting respect for it. It is still mediocre though.
  • QuickstrikePr0QuickstrikePr0 Opening Act
    edited May 2009
    Gowienczyk;2410915 said:
    The inclusions of 2pac, They Might Be Giants and watnot make me happy; though the inclusions of Nobuo Uematsu, AFI Steely Dan and The Clash don't strike my fancy; unless it's old AFI. Then you can write that minus off. Decent variety in the grand scheme of things, but could work on lesser known bands more often.

    6/10

    http://www.last.fm/user/Gowienczyk
    I haven't heard most of those bands. However, based of off I know, this is my rating: 6/10

    Nevermore and Rush is great. Green Day and Nirvana are meh.

    http://www.last.fm/user/Quick_Strike
  • Mystlyfe77Mystlyfe77 Big Fan
    edited May 2009
    QuickstrikePr0;2445500 said:
    I haven't heard most of those bands. However, based of off I know, this is my rating: 6/10

    Nevermore and Rush is great. Green Day and Nirvana are meh.

    http://www.last.fm/user/Quick_Strike
    You should be rating http://www.last.fm/user/DaBears116 as he was the last one to post a rating.
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited May 2009
    Mystlyfe77;2445429 said:
    A little bit Zappa dominated at top, but can't really mark off for that. Would like to see more artists get plays though.

    ++ Nevermore, Mastodon
    + Dead Kennedys, Yes, Pantera, Rage Against the Machine
    - Nothing too egregious, but I'm not partial to the Smashing Pumpkins or Nirvana

    Nothing too bad, would like a little more artists to get a shot. I'm curious about that japanese ska band though, sounds... interesting. I'll have to listen to them later.

    7.75/10

    http://www.last.fm/user/Lil_Lavery
    They will, I've just been busy the past few days outside, not enough time to play some more awesome music.

    On the Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, I only have World Famous but it's filled with nice tunes.
    (The Sesame Street theme rendition is very good). The vocals struck me as being as being a bit odd at first but I really enjoy them now. Gow recommended them to me about a month back.

    Dabears:I like Queen's work overall, but I only got my hands on the first three albums and a greatest hits. I do absolutely adore Queen's debut though, not one weak track on that album in my opinion. Queen II is awesome and Sheer Heart Attack is still growing up on me.
  • Mystlyfe77Mystlyfe77 Big Fan
    edited May 2009
    @dabears116

    ++ Municipal Waste, Mastodon, At the Gates
    + Amebix, Slayer, Misfits, Gustav Holst, Death
    - All That Remains

    Some of the better artists had fewer plays, but not bad overall.
    7/10

    @quickstrike (-1 point for not quoting right person)

    + Tool, Evile, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Symphony X, Priestess
    - All That Remains, Disturbed
    -- Black Tide

    Not enough scrobbles, most 1&2 plays.
    5/10

    http://www.last.fm/user/Lil_Lavery
  • edited May 2009
    Mystlyfe77;2451206 said:
    @dabears116

    ++ Municipal Waste, Mastodon, At the Gates
    + Amebix, Slayer, Misfits, Gustav Holst, Death
    - All That Remains

    Some of the better artists had fewer plays, but not bad overall.
    7/10

    @quickstrike (-1 point for not quoting right person)

    + Tool, Evile, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Symphony X, Priestess
    - All That Remains, Disturbed
    -- Black Tide

    Not enough scrobbles, most 1&2 plays.
    5/10

    http://www.last.fm/user/Lil_Lavery
    You just have tons and tons of metal, which I do not like particulary. So I have to rate this 4/10

    http://www.last.fm/user/TheClash57
  • dabears116dabears116 Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    If you are going to rate so poorly and so narrow-mindedely, please do not rate the poster, it is annoying. You aren't even fairly observing it, his charts are miles ahead in terms of diversity as opposed to yours, it's ironic that you "just metal" (and diversity within metal is also huge)
  • neckermanncjneckermanncj Washed Up
    edited May 2009
    TheClashTheClashTheClash;2451496 said:
    You just have tons and tons of metal, which I do not like particulary. So I have to rate this 4/10

    http://www.last.fm/user/TheClash57
    your listening to The Clash, The Clash & The Clash and some other punk bands too :o 7/10


    http://www.last.fm/user/neckermanncj
  • edited May 2009
    neckermanncj;2451526 said:
    your listening to The Clash, The Clash & The Clash and some other punk bands too :o 7/10


    http://www.last.fm/user/neckermanncj
    Needs MOAR punk!...haha jk. Lots of alternative and indie unsuprisingly. Nice to see the Smiths

    8/10

    http://www.last.fm/user/TheClash57
  • Mystlyfe77Mystlyfe77 Big Fan
    edited May 2009
    TheClashTheClashTheClash;2451496 said:
    You just have tons and tons of metal, which I do not like particulary. So I have to rate this 4/10

    http://www.last.fm/user/TheClash57
    Majority Rule, United Nations, The Nightwatchman, Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso, Le Orme, Freezepop, Autolux, Dead Kennedys, Camel, Al Di Meola, Julia Marcell, Yes, Silversun Pickups, Amebix, Musica Antiqua New York & Mary Jane Newman, Musici di San Marco & Alberto Lizzio, Milosh, Unloco, SWR Symphony Orchestra & Ernest Bour, and Muse are not metal.
  • supernova1324supernova1324 Headliner
    edited May 2009
    TheClashTheClashTheClash;2451532 said:
    Needs MOAR punk!...haha jk. Lots of alternative and indie unsuprisingly. Nice to see the Smiths

    8/10

    http://www.last.fm/user/TheClash57
    Nothing but punk and a little bit of prog. Boring and has very little variety.

    4/10

    http://www.last.fm/user/Supernova1234
  • edited May 2009
    Mystlyfe77;2451561 said:
    Majority Rule, United Nations, The Nightwatchman, Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso, Le Orme, Freezepop, Autolux, Dead Kennedys, Camel, Al Di Meola, Julia Marcell, Yes, Silversun Pickups, Amebix, Musica Antiqua New York & Mary Jane Newman, Musici di San Marco & Alberto Lizzio, Milosh, Unloco, SWR Symphony Orchestra & Ernest Bour, and Muse are not metal.
    I was just looking at the Top 15 or whatever it is
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited May 2009
    @Supernova

    Needs moar scrobbles.

    ++Atheist, Death
    +Misfits, NOFX, E,W,F, Melvins, Cynic, Husker Du
    -SOAD, Foo Fighters, Oasis, Incubus

    6/10

    Some cool stuff, decent variety, needs moar scrobbles, nothing to get too excited about, though.
  • Mystlyfe77Mystlyfe77 Big Fan
    edited May 2009
    TheClashTheClashTheClash;2451566 said:
    I was just looking at the Top 15 or whatever it is
    As specifically stated in the first post in this thread, please use the full list, and not just the top 15.
  • timmay9timmay9 Washed Up
    edited May 2009
    supernova1324;2451564 said:
    Nothing but punk and a little bit of prog. Boring and has very little variety.

    4/10

    http://www.last.fm/user/Supernova1234
    +++Joy Division, Husker Du, Violent Femmes
    ++Tears for Fears, Atheist, Oingo Boingo, Public Enemy
    +Green Day,

    -I'm not finding anything, I don't particulary like Fall Out Boy though

    10/10

    http://www.last.fm/user/timmay99

    Wait a few minutes, a lot of scrobbling will happen.

    Edit: Ninja'd, Ultimatum will do yours in a minute.
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited May 2009
    TheClashTheClashTheClash;2451566 said:
    I was just looking at the Top 15 or whatever it is
    You're doing it wrong then.
  • supernova1324supernova1324 Headliner
    edited May 2009
    Ultimatum;2451575 said:
    @Supernova

    Needs moar scrobbles.

    ++Atheist, Death
    +Misfits, NOFX, E,W,F, Melvins, Cynic, Husker Du
    -SOAD, Foo Fighters, Oasis, Incubus

    6/10

    Some cool stuff, decent variety, needs moar scrobbles, nothing to get too excited about, though.
    I would have more scrobbles if a) my ipod would scrobble all my tracks and b0 if I got a chance to listen to music from my computer more. My earphones don't work with my speaker and my mom always complains about my music.
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited May 2009
Sign In or Register to comment.