Comments

• NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Added:
    The Jackson 5 - ABC
    The Beatles - The End
    edited October 2009
    I'm really hoping a lot of the Rock Band Network songs have drum solos. I will keep track of those in this thread as well.

Here's a vid of some of my favorite solos, but I saved the harder ones for the second video (and I guess the hardest ones for the third video in the far future.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiupAlxcbyo
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I knew this existed but didn't know where. I need to pick up Iron Maiden (live). The solo is gravy.
    edited October 2009
    Added: Queen - One Vision
    edited November 2009
    Added:
    Foo Fighters - Word Forward

Lego Rock Band
    Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters
    Everlife - Real Wild Child (two solos)
  • thjimmythjimmy Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I played Ghostbusters for the first time this morning before heading to work. What an awesome surprise to have a drum solo in there. I'm glad you added it to the list.
    edited November 2009
    Doesn't one of the other Queen songs have a solo? I could've sworn I played one. It wasn't One Vision because I haven't played that yet.

Edit - Under Pressure already there
  • JordanfreJordanfre Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    The Foo Fighters song is called "Word Forward", not "Word". Just so you know.
  • MattyTMattyT Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    "Real Wild Child" by Everlife has two drum solos.
    edited November 2009
    Because I didn't note it when I did,
    Added:
    Queen - Under Pressure

Doom, I thought you meant We Are The Champions maybe had a drum solo, but I just doublechecked and it doesn't.
    edited November 2009
    I will be adding drum solos that are being worked on for release on the Rock Band Network. If anyone knows of additional ones, please let me know and I will add them to the thread.

Added:
    Rock Band Network:
    Terrorhorse - Packet Flier
    edited November 2009
    Added RBN songs:
    DNA's Evolution - The Heist
    Full-Source - Up Stem (Down Stem)
    edited November 2009
    Wow the Ghostbusters solo was fun. Didn't know they'd chart that part as such as I distinctly remember it from hearing that song 243241324x. :D
    edited November 2009
    Finally, a video of the drum solos in Real Wild Child: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z1pazDTMeI
  • unforgettablesoundunforgettablesound Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I think YYZ by Rush identifies drum solos in practice mode. I know it's not from RB1(like the list you have) but I just thought I'd mention it.
    edited November 2009
    I think YYZ by Rush identifies drum solos in practice mode. I know it's not from RB1(like the list you have) but I just thought I'd mention it.
    I meant to say before whatever cut-off point that songs could have identifiable drum solos, which is why Tow Sawyer (Original Version) made the cut. I will check YYZ when I get home. Thanks!
  • gunstarheroes777gunstarheroes777 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I really wish there were more drum solos in Lego Rock Band, just because i want them. Though i sadly can't remember any that really qualified for it. Also, if drum solos are identifiable in the game, why doesn't play like that in the game. It would have been cool to have said drum solos in game.
    edited November 2009
    I really wish there were more drum solos in Lego Rock Band, just because i want them. Though i sadly can't remember any that really qualified for it. Also, if drum solos are identifiable in the game, why doesn't play like that in the game. It would have been cool to have said drum solos in game.
    Real Wild Child and Ghostbusters both identify their drum solos and turn the note highway blue just like drum solos do in Rock Band 2 (one caveat is that Ghostbusters doesn't do this in the Rock Challenge if you play as band, not sure about solo, but it does it fine in make a setlist and free play.)
    edited November 2009
    Added RBN:
    Bright Midnight - For The Strange
  • Lizard_KingLizard_King Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    NoThru22 wrote: »
    Added RBN:
    So Bright Midnight - For The Strange

thanks! by the way, its just "Bright Midnight" :D
    edited November 2009
    The name is what I say it is!!!

Damn, that's what I get for copying and pasting.
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    That song in L:RB Real Wild Child has a pretty 'Wild' (pardon the pun) pair of drum solos. It's especially tough when you have never heard the song before in your life... :)
    edited November 2009
    aggiesrul8 wrote: »
    That song in L:RB Real Wild Child has a pretty 'Wild' (pardon the pun) pair of drum solos. It's especially tough when you have never heard the song before in your life... :)

I've heard part of that version, but when I saw the solo come up (decided to go for it on expert first), my reaction was almost akin to the first time a lot of people saw the drum chart for "What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse"..."How in the holy f*** am I supposed to do that?!" Somehow passed the entire song on my first run, but on my second run, I went into LEGO Recovery Mode during the second solo.
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Real Wild Child Drum Solos = Awesome

Real Wild Child Song = a reason to add a vomiting emoticon to these forums.
  • DrummerHeadDrummerHead Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    the beatles abbey road medley
    edited November 2009
    the beatles abbey road medley

Doesn't count separate, since it's in "The End", which is part of the "Abbey Road Medley". "The End", yes. "Abbey Road Medley", no.
  • MIheatplaya25MIheatplaya25 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Just saw this thread...

A song I have been charting for RBN, which is now just waiting for the open beta to be reviewed, has a drum solo in the beginning that's short but particularly gnarly.

"Rude Awakening" by Squeezebox
    edited December 2009
    Added "Squeezebox - Rude Awakening" to RBN songs.
  • centaur_starcentaur_star Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    The End is not only available as a stand-alone song and the Medley, but also in Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End. So it sort of counts 3 times, rather than two.
    edited December 2009
    Added RBN song "Ultra Saturday - Not My Fault"