A LEGO: Rock Band setlist (Community W.I.P.)

kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
edited November 2009 in Your Ultimate Setlist
Alright guys, the final setlist has been announced and here it is! :)

1960's (2)
"Fire" - The Jimi Hendrix Experience (Classic Rock, 1967)
"I Want You Back" - Jackson 5 (Pop-Rock, 1969)

1970's (6)
"Crocodile Rock" - Elton John (Glam, 1973)
"Kung Fu Fighting" - Carl Douglas (Funk, 1974)
"Make Me Smile (Come Up And See Me)" - Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel (Glam, 1975)
"Ride A White Swan" - T. Rex (Glam, 1970)
"The Passenger" - Iggy Pop (Classic Rock, 1977)
"We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions" - Queen (Classic Rock, 1977)

1980's (9)
"Crash" - The Primitives (Indie Rock, 1988)
"Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" - The Police (New Wave, 1981)
"Free Fallin'" - Tom Petty (Classic Rock, 1989)
"Ghostbusters" - Ray Parker, Jr. (Pop-Rock, 1984)
"Let's Dance" - David Bowie (Pop-Rock, 1982)
"Summer Of '69" - Bryan Adams (Rock, 1985)
"The Final Countdown" - Europe (Metal, 1986)
"Walking On Sunshine" - Katrina and The Waves (Pop-Rock, 1985)
"You Give Love A Bad Name" - Bon Jovi (Rock, 1986)

1990's (4)
"Aliens Exist" - blink-182 (Punk, 1999)
"Breakout" - Foo Fighters (Alternative, 1999)
"Song 2" - Blur (Alternative, 1997)
"Two Princes" - Spin Doctors (Alternative, 1993)

2000's (23)
"A-Punk" - Vampire Weekend (Indie Rock, 2008)
"Accidentally In Love" - Counting Crows (Rock, 2004)
"Check Yes Juliet" - We The Kings (Pop-Rock, 2007)
"Dig" - Incubus (Alternative, 2006)
"Dreaming Of You" - The Coral (Indie Rock, 2002)
"Girls & Boys" - Good Charlotte (Punk, 2003)
"Grace" - Supergrass (Rock, 2002)
"In Too Deep" - Sum 41 (Punk, 2001)
"Life Is A Highway" - Rascal Flatts (Country, 2006)
"Monster" - The Automatic Automatic (Indie Rock, 2006)
"Naive" - The Kooks (Indie Rock, 2005)
"Real Wild Child" - Everlife (Pop-Rock, 2007)
"Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)" - Lostprophets (Alternative, 2006)
"Ruby" - Kaiser Chiefs (Indie Rock, 2006)
"Short & Sweet" - Spinal Tap (Metal, 2009)
"So What" - P!nk (Pop-Rock, 2008)
"Stumble and Fall" - Razorlight (Indie Rock, 2004)
"Suddenly I See" - KT Tunstall (Rock, 2004)
"Swing, Swing" - The All-American Rejects (Emo, 2003)
"Thunder" - Boys Like Girls (Pop-Rock, 2006)
"Tick Tick Boom" - The Hives (Punk, 2007)
"Valerie" - The Zutons (Indie Rock, 2006)
"Word Up!" - KoRn (Nu-Metal, 2004)

Comments

• kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited May 2009
    I am locking in Inside Out, Dance Dance, Gold Lion, Misery Business, No One Knows, and Shake It as well as the 5 already confirmed tracks. Those tracks have been on lists or semi-confirmed by the band to be coming in some way to the RB universe and I figure this is the best place for them. So they stay in...

Update 1: Switched the Foo Fighters song from "Best Of You" to "All My Life" and locked it in.

Update 2: Added "Smoke On The Water", "Owner Of A Lonely Heart", "She's A Lady" and "The Widow". Added "Godzilla" and locked it in.

Update 3: By popular demand, changed the Yes song from "Owner Of A Lonely Heart" to "Roundabout".

Update 4: Added "Stand", "Undone -- The Sweater Song", "Rock N' Roll High School" and "Why Can't I?"

Update 5: Added 13 new tracks: "Somebody To Love", "Wild Thing", "Play That Funky Music", "Let's Dance", "I Wanna Rock", "Every Breath You Take", "Our Lips Are Sealed", "Burning Down The House", "Unbelievable", "The Impression That I Get", "Fly Away", "Feathers", and "Supermassive Black Hole"

Update 6: Switched The Killers song from "Human" to "Somebody Told Me"

Update 7: Switched "Somebody To Love" for "Mony Mony"

Update 8: Switched "Special" for "All I Wanna Do"

Update 9: "Breakout" by the Foo Fighters officially confirmed! "All My Life" removed.

Update 10: "I Want You Back" and "A-Punk" officially confirmed! "Mony Mony" (confirmed to be real DLC) and "Shut Up" removed. "Beat It" removed, "No One Like You" added.

Update 11: Changed Weezer song from "Undone -- The Sweater Song" to "Beverly Hills". Removed "That Green Gentleman" and added "All Star".

Update 12: Changed blink-182 song from "I Miss You" to "First Date". Added "Check Yes Juliet", removed "Shake It"

Update 13: Added confirmed tracks "Aliens Exist", "Accidentally In Love", "In Too Deep", "Tick Tick Boom" and "You Give Love A Bad Name". Removed "First Date", "Feels Like Tonight", "Prayer Of The Refugee", "Hate To Say I Told You So", and "It's My Life". Added "Time Won't Let Me Go", "Comedown", "About You Now" and "Boom". Removed "Banquet", "Cochise", "Loser" and "Smells Like Teen Spirit".

Update 14: "No Rain" and "Inside Out" released as DLC! Added "Down" and "When I Grow Up".

Update 15: Added "Build A Bridge" and "Coming Undone" as well as confirmed tracks "Monster", "Ghostbusters", and "Free Fallin". Switched "Ruby" to a confirmed track (the first correct guess!). Removed "Let's Dance", "Roundabout", "Honestly", and two others I can't seem to remember. Oops.

Update 16: Lots of changes. I can't even remember all of them! All of the confirmed tracks were added, plus GH5 artists not on the confirmed list were removed. Plus others...

Update 17: Tons of changes were made. Setlist lowered from 84 tracks to 70.\

Update 18: "Fire" by The Jimi Hendrix Experience CONFIRMED! The next update will lower the setlist to 45. This will be tricky!

Update 19: Setlist lowered from 70 to 45 tracks. Also "Walking On Sunshine" confirmed!

TOTAL TRACKS: 45

Keep suggestings songs, I will just have to remove a song to add one!
  • timmay9timmay9 Washed Up
    edited May 2009
    I actually think there will be a lot of older songs. Most young kids hear what their parents play.
  • Flux_Capacitor22Flux_Capacitor22 Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives' 'Tatooine' is on one of the leaked lists, and it would be a great fit for the game. I'm willing to bet it will show up here.
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited May 2009
    Is there a reason there are more than the 5 announced songs colored in white~ or was there more I didn't hear of.

EDIT: Ah~ I see your post above. I very much like this list~ but could use a lot more from the 80's~
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited May 2009
    no Prog. :(

Also I expect the list to be at least 80 songs
  • Flux_Capacitor22Flux_Capacitor22 Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    kingtonyx;2488818 said:
    "Pieces Of Me" Ashlee Simpson
    Maybe we'll get a live version. :D
  • Ramirez16Ramirez16 Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    Awesome setlist. I would buy that.
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited May 2009
    A dude with credibility hinted all my life as the foo fighters song for this game. He was the same dude who said he heard from his friend lego rb was coming: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1753947#post1753947

EDIT: That guy-1 his credibility is out the window. He can go eat one.
    edited May 2009
    timmay9;2488839 said:
    I actually think there will be a lot of older songs. Most young kids hear what their parents play.
    While sometimes true, the mainstream media would have you believe otherwise. Music things targeted towards kids will always lean towards the popular music of today. Also, from what I know from personal experience this is a pretty accurate portrayal of how things are.
    Flux_Capacitor22;2488856 said:
    Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives' 'Tatooine' is on one of the leaked lists, and it would be a great fit for the game. I'm willing to bet it will show up here.
    I was undecided on whether to include HMX bands in this. What does everyone think?
    jayou521;2488864 said:
    Is there a reason there are more than the 5 announced songs colored in white~ or was there more I didn't hear of.

EDIT: Ah~ I see your post above. I very much like this list~ but could use a lot more from the 80's~
    I would like to include a few more 80s tracks, but there was a lot of debauchery going on in the lyrics back then... I had picked a few tracks but then thought them over and cut them for content.
    Fizzeler;2489013 said:
    no Prog. :(

Also I expect the list to be at least 80 songs
    It could be 84 like RB2, that'd be cool. A few genres are completely non-existant here. There's no metal, either. Seems to me these genres are more "grown up" or something. Do you have any suggestion for Prog tracks that would fit in here?
    Flux_Capacitor22;2489067 said:
    Maybe we'll get a live version. :D
    :eek: hahaha
    Ramirez16;2489179 said:
    Awesome setlist. I would buy that.
    thanks :D I'd be pretty excited for this setlist myself honestly. I think it'd be huge for HMX too, drawing in a lot of new people.
    General Lein979;2489247 said:
    A dude with credibility hinted all my life as the foo fighters song for this game. He was the same dude who said he heard from his friend lego rb was coming: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1753947#post1753947
    Cool, All My Life works too. I actually remember reading something about it coming our way somewhere before... I will make the switch and lock it in. :)
    edited May 2009
    kingtonyx;2490026 said:

[B]I was undecided on whether to include HMX bands in this. What does everyone think?

It could be 84 like RB2, that'd be cool. A few genres are completely non-existant here. There's no metal, either. Seems to me these genres are more "grown up" or something. Do you have any suggestion for Prog tracks that would fit in here?

Yeah you could go ahead and include HMX bands

As for Prog. I could see something like Roundabout (YES) or Locomotive Breath (Jethro Tull) getting on the list

You can throw in some more 70s classic "radio hits" (Smoke On The Water, Burnin' For You, Don't Stop, Bad Company) as well as some classic metal (Iron Man)

For 70s and 80s focus on radio hits only because this is a kids game I am suggesting this for an RB3 setlist I would say avoid them ;)
  • RockerJoe123RockerJoe123 Rising Star
    edited May 2009
    What about Owner of a Lonely Heart by Yes?
    edited May 2009
    RockerJoe123;2490136 said:
    NO!
    Worst possible YES song
    edited May 2009
    Fizzeler;2490052 said:
    Yeah you could go ahead and include HMX bands

As for Prog. I could see something like Roundabout (YES) or Locomotive Breath (Jethro Tull) getting on the list

You can throw in some more 70s classic "radio hits" (Smoke On The Water, Burnin' For You, Don't Stop, Bad Company) as well as some classic metal (Iron Man)

For 70s and 80s focus on radio hits only because this is a kids game I am suggesting this for an RB3 setlist I would say avoid them ;)
    some good choices here, I'll throw a couple on
    RockerJoe123;2490136 said:
    Fizzeler;2490232 said:
    NO!
    Worst possible YES song
    it IS their most well known though... hmm.
    edited May 2009
    kingtonyx;2491985 said:

So is Roundabout and I've Seen All Good People and they do not disgrace YES
  • rocker820rocker820 Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    does anybody know if the tracks on this game will later move to Rock Band dlc because I definately want some of the confirmed tracks like Godzilla and Song 2?
    By the way, pretty good list both musically and what would probably apper in the game, Banquet and Rock the Casbah have been at the top of my requests list for awhile.
  • rocker820rocker820 Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    I'm not enitely sure about this one but I think this game will use some of the songs Rock Band already has along with new ones. If this is true, I can definately see songs like Don't Stop Believin and Countdown to Insanity being put on here.
  • woofmixwoofmix Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Supermassive Black Hole on their. Ever since the whole Twilight fad, little kids have been listening to that song on that soundtrack of theirs.
    edited May 2009
    rocker820;2492412 said:
    does anybody know if the tracks on this game will later move to Rock Band dlc because I definately want some of the confirmed tracks like Godzilla and Song 2?
    By the way, pretty good list both musically and what would probably apper in the game, Banquet and Rock the Casbah have been at the top of my requests list for awhile.
    Godzilla hasn't been confirmed yet, I just think it's perfect so I'll want to keep it on this list for sure! Maybe I should change the colors to mark that..
    rocker820;2492421 said:
    I'm not enitely sure about this one but I think this game will use some of the songs Rock Band already has along with new ones. If this is true, I can definately see songs like Don't Stop Believin and Countdown to Insanity being put on here.
    I hope it's all new tracks personally, but maybe.
    woofmix;2492470 said:
    I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Supermassive Black Hole on their. Ever since the whole Twilight fad, little kids have been listening to that song on that soundtrack of theirs.
    great call actually :)
  • jedi-gunslingerjedi-gunslinger Opening Act
    edited May 2009
    timmay9;2488839 said:
    No, most LEGO games are centered towards the kids without being ridiculous enough for parents to play along with them. This setlist seems just right, just enought oldies for the parents to site down for a jam session or 2 and enough new material for kids to sit down and play for a full world tour. It needs more cowbell though...
    edited May 2009
    kingtonyx;2491985 said:
    some good choices here, I'll throw a couple on

Roundabout has lasted much longer than that song.
    edited May 2009
    timmay9;2493152 said:
    and would be funner for the bassists ;)
    edited May 2009
    Remove the "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Beat It", then we might have something.
    edited May 2009
    timmay9;2493152 said:
    are you really going to try to tell me that Roundabout is more well known than Owner Of A Lonely Heart?

like...really?

Roundabout might be a better song, but to say it's more well known is just outright wrong.
    Fizzeler;2493177 said:
    and would be funner for the bassists ;)
    While this would be true as well, have a look over the setlist. You'll notice there's pretty much nothing that would be over a regular tier 2 or 3 on any instrument. This is something else I expect, lowered difficulty.
    jedi-gunslinger;2493189 said:
    Remove the "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Beat It", then we might have something.
    Why though? Lyrical content? Also, about what you said earlier I think you see where I'm coming from here.
    edited May 2009
    kingtonyx;2493208 said:
    are you really going to try to tell me that Roundabout is more well known than Owner Of A Lonely Heart?

like...really?

Roundabout might be a better song, but to say it's more well known is just outright wrong.
    Which one still gets the most radio play? Roundabout is an extremely famous song.
    edited May 2009
    kingtonyx;2493208 said:

Why though? Lyrical content? Also, about what you said earlier I think you see where I'm coming from here.
    First, thank you.
    Second, not because of lyrical content, but cause I don't see them in any Rock Band for awhile, especially LEGO Rock Band.
    edited May 2009
    kingtonyx;2493208 said:
    While this would be true as well, have a look over the setlist. You'll notice there's pretty much nothing that would be over a regular tier 2 or 3 on any instrument. This is something else I expect, lowered difficulty.
    Gameplay wise their will be tiers from hard to easy and Roundabout would be a good song to add a hard bass and vocals song
    edited May 2009
    timmay9;2493211 said:
    Which one still gets the most radio play? Roundabout is an extremely famous song.
    It's a close race. I think in the mainstream Owner Of A Lonely Heart takes it though, seeing as how it was their only #1 hit.
    jedi-gunslinger;2493227 said:
    First, thank you.
    Second, not because of lyrical content, but cause I don't see them in any Rock Band for awhile, especially LEGO Rock Band.
    Beat It was on GHWT, plus we're getting some Jackson 5 so I don't see why not. The 3 tracks from Nevermind seem to be waiting for disc releases, that's why I put it here. Lithium and Come As You Are have questionable lyrical content so SLTS got the nod..
    Fizzeler;2493261 said:
    Gameplay wise their will be tiers from hard to easy and Roundabout would be a good song to add a hard bass and vocals song
    Maybe, I just think the hardest songs on the game will be at the hardest Tier 4 in what we're used to... I wish I could put a temporary poll up to see what people think.
    edited May 2009
    Also, "All Star" - Smash Mouth cause it's a huge kid-friendly song and "Who Let the Dogs out?" - Baha Men
  • woofmixwoofmix Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    Back when I was a younger kid, everyone liked Feel Good Inc. Seeing as Blur is in this game, Feel Good Inc might accompany it.
    edited May 2009
    kingtonyx;2493326 said:
    It's a close race. I think in the mainstream Owner Of A Lonely Heart takes it though, seeing as how it was their only #1 hit.

Beat It was on GHWT, plus we're getting some Jackson 5 so I don't see why not. The 3 tracks from Nevermind seem to be waiting for disc releases, that's why I put it here. Lithium and Come As You Are have questionable lyrical content so SLTS got the nod..

Maybe, I just think the hardest songs on the game will be at the hardest Tier 4 in what we're used to... I wish I could put a temporary poll up to see what people think.
    Some number one hits are forgotten. Those intro harmonics in Roundabout are some of the most famous in music history. I believe it hit #9 on the charts at the time, and it was a long song.