Beatles Rock Band on Fox News

WormwoodWormwood Unsigned
edited June 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
So I have the tv on in the background while I'm working and they just did a segment on Rock Band: Beatles on Fox News. The correspondent was giving a report from E3 and after the wrap-up the talking head asks her (trying to sound intelligent and hip), "Do I need to get a new XBox for that...wait, no, is it a new Guitar Hero"? The correspondent didn't know how to answer him and they both just kind of blew it off.

A. What an idiot
B. This is a reason that Guitar Hero always be a major player because of their brand name recognition with people who are not familiar with the genre. These are the people that buy the Guitar Hero game for their kids because of the name brand.

Comments

• Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited June 2009
    flawless;2506353 said:
    deja vu.
    we landed on the moon
  • AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited June 2009
    It seams to everyone except the people who play them these games are called guitar hero.
  • roderunner1919roderunner1919 Unsigned
    edited June 2009
    lol, fox news, I guess we couldn't expect them to acknowledge the competition.
  • acidicthought8acidicthought8 Road Warrior
    edited June 2009
    There was already a thread about this. They still mailed fiserably when they called it a GH game.
  • SharpeSharpe Unsigned
    edited June 2009
    A) Why do you watch Fox? They are like the most biased news channel ever and should be shut down by the government or something because they lie about EVERYTHING.

B) Guitar Hero started it all. Rock Band stole Guitar Hero's idea from them. Rock Band is better and I have it but Rock Band did coppy like everything from Guitar Hero.
  • ArdiusArdius Rising Star
    edited June 2009
    Sharpe;2507684 said:

B) Guitar Hero started it all. Rock Band stole Guitar Hero's idea from them. Rock Band is better and I have it but Rock Band did coppy like everything from Guitar Hero.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonix
    ;)
  • Rute86Rute86 Opening Act
    edited June 2009
    Sharpe;2507684 said:
    A) Why do you watch Fox? They are like the most biased news channel ever and should be shut down by the government or something because they lie about EVERYTHING.

The people that made Guitar Hero 1, 2 , and Rock the 80s made Rock Band
  • snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
    edited June 2009
    Sharpe;2507684 said:

LOLOLOLOLOL

i'll let someone else handle this
  • skullpitskullpit Road Warrior
    edited June 2009
    Sharpe;2507684 said:

Harmonix created Guitar Hero AND Rock Band. How could they steal their idea from themselves?:confused:
  • SharpeSharpe Unsigned
    edited June 2009
    I was wrong. My bad.
  • ArmsAreLoudArmsAreLoud Road Warrior
    edited June 2009
    Rute86;2507694 said:
    The people that made Guitar Hero 1, 2 , and Rock the 80s made Rock Band
    For the record, Harmonix didn't even come up with the idea; they were failing just like every other rythm gaming developer in America before Red Octane asked them to make a game revolving around the controllers they were making for GuitarFreaks.

HMX blatantly stole the concepts in GuitarFreaks and then made the game playable, which is why everyone knows it now.
  • Wharf-RatWharf-Rat Opening Act
    edited June 2009
    Sharpe;2507715 said:
    I was wrong. My bad.
    This is the first correct thing you have said
  • ArdiusArdius Rising Star
    edited June 2009
    ArmsAreLoud;2507740 said:
    For the record, Harmonix didn't even come up with the idea; they were failing just like every other rythm gaming developer in America before Red Octane asked them to make a game revolving around the controllers they were making for GuitarFreaks.

HMX blatantly stole the concepts in GuitarFreaks and then made the game playable, which is why everyone knows it now.
    Amplitude and Frequency are considered failures? Where do these people come from?
  • ArcturusArcturus Unsigned
    edited June 2009
    Sharpe;2507684 said:

Sharpe? You are anything but...
  • SharpeSharpe Unsigned
    edited June 2009
    Wharf-Rat;2507751 said:
    This is the first correct thing you have said
    You don't think Fox is biased?
    Arcturus;2507775 said:
    Sharpe? You are anything but...
    That's why I said 'I was wrong'
  • bootz0rsbootz0rs Rising Star
    edited June 2009
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited June 2009
    ArmsAreLoud;2507740 said:

i would say based off idealy. They clearly mention it's based off it because they wanted to bring the idea to America after Konami's version failed. (Link) They even teamed up with konami during the karaoke revolution series. This is where the singing portion idea of rb came from. What Red octane came in they merely took the part that activision does in current gh takes care of.
  • Wharf-RatWharf-Rat Opening Act
    edited June 2009
    [QUOTE=Sharpe;2507794]You don't think Fox is biased?

Of course they are. They all are. Some are Left and some are Right. Who cares.

The OP was talking about The Beatles:Rockband. Go troll you politics somewhere else.
  • mbnasir6mbnasir6 Road Warrior
    edited June 2009
    This is like Xbox 360 and PS3. Most of the time, game footage will be shown on 360. In most movies and TV shows they said things like, "Come play my Xbox" or "We have a (Insert 360 exclusive) night"
    Its just a small thing.
  • zepplinmikezepplinmike Rising Star
    edited June 2009
    Sharpe;2507684 said:

I was going to challenge you on your first point, but then I read your second one and decided that you're just an idiot. No offense.;)
  • Fender_178Fender_178 Rising Star
    edited June 2009
    Im not surprised that they messed this up because fox news is loaded with idiots.
  • HeadcaseHeadcase Road Warrior
    edited June 2009
    Wharf-Rat;2507889 said:
    [QUOTE=Sharpe;2507794]You don't think Fox is biased?

Of course they are. They all are. Some are Left and some are Right. Who cares.

The OP was talking about The Beatles:Rockband. Go troll you politics somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

Reading a thread carefully before insulting someone is fun. You should try it sometime.
  • teddybgameteddybgame Opening Act
    edited June 2009
    Sharpe;2507684 said:
    Do they not teach the first amendment in school anymore?? Shut down by the Gov't?? Wow this country is in trouble if this is how Americans react to things they disagree with. I have news for you, ALL NEWS CHANNELS ARE BIASED. Think for yourself and never sell out your Bill of Rights/any or your freedom. /political rant
  • leob5622leob5622 Opening Act
    edited June 2009
    Sharpe;2507684 said:

Wow! Have you been living under a rock for the last 2 years? HMX is the design firm that was behind Guitar Hero. I'll stop here in order to keep the mods from sanctioning me.

Fox News anchors are not paid to be bright.
  • PhatakenPhataken Unsigned
    edited June 2009
    Sharpe;2507684 said:
    A) Why do you watch Fox? They are like the most biased news channel ever and should be shut down by the government or something because they lie about EVERYTHING

A) Thats cnn
    B) Google harmonix, it will prove your theory wrong
  • Xander730Xander730 Opening Act
    edited June 2009
    Wheres that thread ??? Stupid things you heard from other people lol
  • woodwindpizzawoodwindpizza Road Warrior
    edited June 2009
    Sharpe;2507715 said:
    I was wrong.
    Self destruction's got you again. You were wrooooooong. ;)
  • BTB1979BTB1979 Opening Act
    edited June 2009
    woodwindpizza;2508395 said:
    Self destruction's got you again. You were wrooooooong. ;)
    Best effin' post in this whole thread!

....except for that whole FOX news sucks. That was a good comment too. But I'm from Canada, so I think everything from the States sucks! (not rockband though...)
  • Ferocious QFerocious Q Headliner
    edited June 2009
    Phataken;2508171 said:
    A) Thats cnn
    Really? :eek:

:rolleyes:
  • Ferocious QFerocious Q Headliner
    edited June 2009
    BTB1979;2510297 said:

....except for that whole FOX news sucks. That was a good comment too. But I'm from Canada, so I think everything from the States sucks! (not rockband though...)
    lol Canadiens r wierd lol k :D

The States do kinda suck. :/