The Beatles: Rockband - Sirius Radio

The DJ on channel 14 was talking about Rockband: The Beatles today after a Beatles song played.

She was all fired up about it even.

Rather interesting since its a commercial free channel.

Anywho, I think I am the only person who has not started a Beatles thread so I wanted to get one started.

Comments

• cutmaclasscutmaclass Rising Star
    edited June 2009
    It's great that the game is garnering attention from people who usually avoid games, let alone plastic-peripheral-instrument games. My girlfriend comes to mind.

The Sirius DJs are great because they seem to actually keep up with news or new releases and bring it up when they can.
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited June 2009
    The Beatles: Rock Band is the Wii of the genre.

It's going to bring so many people who don't play this type of game into 'our' world and let them experience a fantastic genre in a brilliantly presented way.
  • DMBilliesDMBillies Road Warrior
    edited June 2009
    cutmaclass;2550980 said:
    The Sirius DJs are great because they seem to actually keep up with news or new releases and bring it up when they can.
    I have to agree and save maybe one or two of them across all of the channels I regularly listen to, almost none of them are superbly annoying... of course, maybe that's because I don't have to listen to two minutes of them talking after I just spend 5 minutes listening to commercials :)
  • centaur_starcentaur_star Opening Act
    edited June 2009
    The DJ on my local classic rock station recently mentioned it, too. He spoke about Paul and Ringo appearing at E3.
  • dirty_bird32dirty_bird32 Rising Star
    edited June 2009
    I less than three my Sirius radio...the DJs are pretty interesting, but know when to shut up and play the music. Channel 16 is the best, IMO.

It's sweet that TB:RB is getting more exposure
  • onduvalstonduvalst Road Warrior
    edited June 2009
    I love 25. of course 14 - 19 and 23 get alot of play too.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited June 2009
    cutmaclass;2550980 said:
    It's great that the game is garnering attention from people who usually avoid games, let alone plastic-peripheral-instrument games. My girlfriend comes to mind.
    ...and I'm hoping also that it will cause people to look at Rock Band for a change instead of Guitar Hero and see how much better they can make a game. One of the many reasons why I'm so glad Harmonix got this instead of Neversoft.
  • rockvashrockvash Unsigned
    edited June 2009
    QFT the entire thread.
  • RMThompsonRMThompson Opening Act
    edited June 2009
    onduvalst;2551115 said:
    I love 25. of course 14 - 19 and 23 get alot of play too.
    I listen to 25 on Sunday mornings for "Breakfast with the Beatles"!
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited June 2009
    Flawless;2550998 said:
    The Beatles: Rock Band is the Wii of the genre.

It's going to bring so many people who don't play this type of game into 'our' world and let them experience a fantastic genre in a brilliantly presented way.
    Good quote - sums the game up rather well
  • edited June 2009
    cutmaclass;2550980 said:

Indeed.

Sirius has done a good job of hiring some of the killer DJ's from when FM radio did not suck.

My only current beef with Sirius is them taking away Boombox. (34 I think is was) Old school beats remixed into technoish jams. Now all the electronica left is ultra mainstream or full on epilepsy music.... but I digress.
  • onduvalstonduvalst Road Warrior
    edited June 2009
    Doc_SoCal;2552058 said:
    Indeed.

Sirius has done a good job of hiring some of the killer DJ's from when FM radio did not suck.

My only current beef with Sirius is them taking away Boombox. (34 I think is was) Old school beats remixed into technoish jams. Now all the electronica left is ultra mainstream or full on epilepsy music.... but I digress.
    Well at least the brought back Backspin, I was very upset when the took it away I love my old school rap.

* plus I love that I can listen to songs that would never get regular airplay like I just got through listening to the 2 hour (ok not really) version of Grateful Dead - Turn on your Love Light on 14 lol
  • sidman69sidman69 Road Warrior
    edited June 2009
    i hate terresterial radio, such garbage. Love my sirius. I hope howard stern talks about rock band beatles, since he is a huge beatles fan and has Paul and Ringo on the show.
  • SportzterSportzter Road Warrior
    edited June 2009
    My wife said she heard about it on the Sirius 60's station the other day. They also seemed pretty psyched about it.

It is great that they are getting the word out.
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited June 2009
    RMThompson;2551410 said:
    I listen to 25 on Sunday mornings for "Breakfast with the Beatles"!
    Same here. Love listening to that show, even though I already own just about everything Beatles recording-wise.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited June 2009
    I heard this on Classic Vinyl, too. I'm really glad the DJs seem so genuinely excited for the game: only positive things, like introducing people who would have never considered purchasing a console before to gaming or to The Beatles' music, can result from TB:RB.

Also...*insert obligatory mention about how the Sirius-XM merger turned some *coughFredcough* of the channels into glorified terrestrial radio stations*
  • edited June 2009
    I listen to Tom Petty's Burried Treasure, just hoping one day he will say...

Hey, and by the way, look for a 12 pack of my songs coming out for Rockband.

One of these days...