In Rock Band: The Beatles (vocals question)...

shanew21shanew21 Opening Act
edited June 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Will you finally be able to put a mic with a guitar controller, instead of using just a normal wireless controller?

I would hope they would do this, because then you could not have 3 singers, because you are limited to 4 controllers.

Comments

• whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited June 2009
    For the umpteenth time, it's 1 controller controlling 3 mics.
  • HMXJohnDHMXJohnD Harmonix Developer & One Man Dance Party
    edited June 2009
    To answer your question:

NO, you don't pair a mic with a guitar controller...but...

Mics are all assigned to one physical controller. So you can have 3 microphones signed in to one Xbox Controller space, for example. That's how we're pulling off 6 person cooperative local play! It's awesome!

HMXJD
  • edited June 2009
    shanew21;2574750 said:
    Will you finally be able to put a mic with a guitar controller, instead of using just a normal wireless controller?

I would hope they would do this, because then you could not have 3 singers, because you are limited to 4 controllers.
    Wha?
  • edited June 2009
    HMXJohnD;2574762 said:
    To answer your question:

Mics are all assigned to one physical controller. So you can have 3 microphones signed in to one Xbox Controller space, for example. That's how we're pulling off 6 person cooperative local play! It's awesome!

HMXJD
    Ahhh, thanks for the translation.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited June 2009
    I have a feeling that you will still require a standard controller to navigate the menus for the vocalist, so playing guitar+vox will still be as annoying as it is in RB1 and 2. Which is only a little annoying, so I shouldn't complain, but still.
  • liaminhliaminh Opening Act
    edited June 2009
    With three-part harmony now possible, I wonder if we'll see Queen getting some new RB treatment...
  • GryffindorGryffindor Road Warrior
    edited June 2009
    HMXJohnD;2574762 said:
    To answer your question:

HMXJD
    So, there will be no on-line 3 part harmony if all vocalists aren't at the same location?
  • Wasch_24Wasch_24 Rising Star
    edited June 2009
    Gryffindor;2580715 said:
    So, there will be no on-line 3 part harmony if all vocalists aren't at the same location?
    I'll yield to John if I am wrong but I think that is exactly what that means.

Makes sense based on the limitations of how online play works with logins and what not.