Punk Master Thread (Links Appreciated)

thedanielthedaniel Road Warrior
edited August 2012 in Your Ultimate Setlist
So I don't feel like it was entirely ripped off from the Alt/Indie Master Thread since this was suggested by a regular from there, neckermanncj.

So if you have a thread you want to add for a punk band post a link. I'll add them all in one big swoop. Also start threads for bands if you want them added.

Discuss punk if you want.

One final thing that requires huge letters.

If you going to bring a link for band in or begin to discuss a band think to yourself "Will this band provoke arguements about if they are or aren't punk and thus lead to bans or perhaps even the thread being locked?".
On both sides of the arguement, let's try to avoid that.

The Acro-Brats
The Adicts
Adolescents
Against Me!
Agent Orange
Amebix
Angry Samoans
Anti-Flag
At the Drive-in
Authority Zero
Bad Brains
Bad Religion
Beastie Boys
Black Flag
Blondie
Buzzcocks
Choking Victim
Circle Jerks
The Clash
Crass
The Damned
Dead Kennedys
The Dead Milkmen
Descendents
The Distillers
D.R.I.
Dropkick Murphys
Embrace
The Explosion
fIREHOSE
Flipper
Flogging Molly
Fugazi
Generation X
The Germs
GG Allin
The Hives
Hüsker Dü
Iggy And The Stooges
The Jam
Joan Jett
Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros
Joy Division
Leftover Crack
The Lillingtons
The Living End
MC5
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Minor Threat
Minutemen
Misfits
Modern Lovers
Nation of Ulysses
New York Dolls
NOFX
The Offspring
Operation Ivy
Patti Smith
The Pogues
The *****s
The Ramones
Rancid
Refused
Rites Of Spring
Riverboat Gamblers
Screeching Weasel
Sex Pistols
Social Distortion
Subhumans
Teenage Bottlerocket
Television
TSOL
Turbonegro
Velvet Underground
Violent Femmes
Whole Wheat Bread
Wipers
X
X-Ray Spex

Related bands/genres/albums(New Wave, Post-Punk, Disputed as punk, genre specific requests, album requests, etc.)
Request Thread For Crust Punk
Green Day
The Smiths
London Calling Album
Billy Talent
Sum 41
Rise Against
SST Records and Fat Wreck Chords

Help get punk bands on RBN
So, I'm going to be sending e-mails to a lot of record labels in hopes of them adding their bands to RBN. If everyone sends e-mails, they are more likely to take notice. Also, if you have any labels or bands that you want contacted, post it here and I will contact them as well and perhaps other forum members will too.

SST Records;
Notable bands- Black Flag, Meat Puppets, The Dicks, Dinosaur Jr., Descendents, Minutemen, Husker Du, Subhumans, Sonic Youth, and fIREHOSE.
Contact info- [email]orders@sstsuperstor.com[/email] (best e-mail address I could find, if somebody finds a better one please let me know.)

Dischord Records;
Notable bands- Fugazi, Rites of Spring, Dag Nasty, Minor Threat, Embrace, and Government Issue.
Contact info- [email]dischord@dischord.com[/email]

ROIR Records;
Notable bands- Bad Brains, GG Allin, Germs, Richards Hell and the Voidoids, MC5, Flipper, New York Dolls, Beastie Boys, Christian Death, Suicide, UK Subs, Television, The Dictators, and Johnny Thunders.
Contact info- [email]info@roir-usa.com[/email]

Fat Wreck Chords;
Notable bands- NOFX, Against Me!, None More Black, Screeching Weasel, Strike Anywhere, Dillinger Four, Teenage Bottlerocket, Face To Face, and The Dickies.
Contact info- [email]mailbag@fatwreck.com[/email]

Alternative Tentacles;
Notable artists- Dead Kennedys, Amebix, Leftover Crack, Witch Hunt, F-Minus, Butthole Surfers, SNFU, The Yuppie *****s, Cruci****s, and Nomeansno.
Contact info- [email]jello@alternativetentacles.com[/email] (<--- That is Jello Biafra's e-mail address, he owns the label. Seriously, it was on their website.)

So, anybody want to help?

Comments