The 6 Degrees of Bob Dylan

edited December 2008 in History of Rock
Ok so the point of this is to link all music artists back to Bob Dylan through musicians they worked with, producers, cover songs and concerts. I.E.David Bowie did  Fame with John LennonWho was in the Beatles with George Harrison who was in the Traveling Wilburys with Bob Dylan Ok  so lets startEmerson, Lake and Palmer 

Comments

• splintermonkey2splintermonkey2 Unsigned
    edited June 2007
    Carl Palmer's drumset was bught by Ringo Starr, a member of the Beatls with George Harrison, who was in the Wilburys with Dylan. Woot.
  • rosie_187rosie_187 Unsigned
    edited June 2007
    Its more fun if you have to use exactly six degrees. For example:-

1. Before ELP Greg Lake was in King Crimson
    2. King Crimson's second album (the last that Lake worked on) was "In the Wake of Poseiden"
    3. Poseiden, Greek god of the sea has it in for Odyseus/Ulysses in Homer's Odyssey
    4. Homer the ancient Greek poet, shares his first name with Homer Simpson, a member of barbershop quartet, The Be Sharps.
    5. When The Be Sharps won a Grammy for "Outstanding Soul, Spoken Word, or Barbershop Album of the Year" Homer met George Harrison
    6. George Harrison was in the Travelling Wilburys with Bob Dylan

Now how about exactly 6 degrees of Bob Dylan to...Lemmy from Motorhead.
  • orange_blackorange_black Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    1. Lemmy from Motorhead ....
    2. ...
    3. ...
    4. ...
    5. ...
    6. Bob Dylan

hahahaha just to resurrect the oldest thread i could find :)
  • dirty_bird32dirty_bird32 Rising Star
    edited June 2008
    Motorhead
    "Ace of Spades"
    Eagles: Desperado (mentions Queens of Diamonds and Hearts)
    Eagles' Don Henley collaborated with Stevie Nicks on her debut album, Bella Dona (Leather and Lace)
    Tom Petty collaborated with Stevie Nicks on Bella Donna (Stop Draggin' My Heart Around)
    Tom Petty played with Bob Dylan in the Traveling Wilburys
  • dirty_bird32dirty_bird32 Rising Star
    edited June 2008
    Okay, six degrees

Trans-Siberian Orchestra to Bob Dylan
  • MusicRoutesMusicRoutes Unsigned
    edited December 2008
    Trans-Siberian Orchestra to Dylan it is. My cheat-sheet is here: http://tinyurl.com/a6n84d

Al Pitrelli has been in Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

Pitrelli played on “Losing My Senses” by Megadeth, from the album The World Needs A Hero with Dave Mustaine

Dave Mustaine performed on “Kick The Chair” by Megadeth, from the album The System Has Failed with Vinnie Colaiuta

Vinnie Colaiuta performed on “Wonderwall” by Paul Anka, from the album Rock Swings with Dean Parks

Dean Parks performed on “Billie Jean” by Michael Jackson, from the album Thriller with Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson performed on “We Are The World” by USA For Africa, from the album We Are The World with Bob Dylan
  • Insane3Insane3 Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    MusicRoutes;1724566 said:
    Trans-Siberian Orchestra to Dylan it is. My cheat-sheet is here: http://tinyurl.com/a6n84d

That is cool.