Abbey road full album question

JeffreyJeffrey Unsigned
edited July 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Well, as most of us know, the first dlc for the Beatles: Rock band is going to the full album Abbey Road by the Beatles. Here's the question: Is this only for owners the TB:RB, or will the album be up for download in the regular music store? I would definitely buy some of the songs on the album, but i will unlikely buy a full game. What do you guys know that i dont?

Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    seriously? dang...oh well thanks anyway
  • acidicthought8acidicthought8 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    All Beatles DLC will sadly be separate from the regular DLC.

Super Ninja'd
  • ScopitoneScopitone Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    I know you're a fool for not wanting the Beatles game and am 99.99% sure that that DLC is only available to "us".
  • CHOFF09CHOFF09 Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    has there been any information on how the b-side medley is going to be released. is it going to be released as one long song where you can play straight through or are you going to have to play each song individually? if each song has to be played individually i can find that being real annoying considering some of the songs are like a little over a minute. I would rather play it straight through.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited July 2009
    I wish we knew, but we know nothing more about Abbey Road DLC other than that it is coming out at some point. No news on how the medley will be pulled off
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    what's going to be fun is seeing all these people who are professing that they're not going to buy the game come back here the 2nd week of September and talk about how great it is because they just had to have it.
  • Cpt. OverkillCpt. Overkill (Briefly) Touched by a Banhammer
    edited July 2009
    mva5580;2725991 said:
    what's going to be fun is seeing all these people who are professing that they're not going to buy the game come back here the 2nd week of September and talk about how great it is because they just had to have it.
    It'll be ever funnier if the game sucks and you make yourself look stupid :p
  • sh4d0wscr34msh4d0wscr34m Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    Cpt. Overkill;2726011 said:
    It'll be ever funnier if the game sucks and you make yourself look stupid :p
    Which it's likely to, since there are basically no interesting Beatles tracks for instrumentation.

Rental game all the way.
  • edited July 2009
    sh4d0wscr34m;2726041 said:
    ...there are basically no interesting Beatles tracks for instrumentation.
    This is hilarious. I've had more fun playing the bass for TB:RB than any other RB game so far. Go figure.
    edited July 2009
    The game could not "suck" to me, it wouldn't be possible. If you're not a Beatles fan then I really don't understand why you're in this forum. Same with the "there are basically no interesting Beatles tracks for instrumentation" guy. Why are you here if you don't care that much about the game? Just enjoy crapping on other people's happiness I guess, which is par for the course on the internet.

This is the biggest video game release of all time for me and there isn't even a close 2nd place. I already have the entire special edition bundle, both stand alone guitars, and the full stereo remastered box set paid off. So the game "sucking" in my eyes is not humanly possible. They could release the game with ONLY the 10 songs already announced, and I'd be content. I'd get more replay value out of that than I currently get out of having Rock Band 1, Rock Band 2, and the ACDC Track Pack on my 360. I doubt I'll ever play those games again after The Beatles comes out.

If there are "basically no interesting Beatles tracks," then what exactly does that make Rock Band 1/2? I play the same 15-20 damn songs over and over and over again because the others bore me to death. See, imagine that. different people with different opinions. If you have no interest in The Beatles game, I fail to understand why you're here.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited July 2009
    HMXHenry;2726128 said:
    This is hilarious. I've had more fun playing the bass for TB:RB than any other RB game so far. Go figure.
    The Beetles suck. i dun want some crappy pop band.
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited July 2009
    HMXHenry;2726128 said:
    Maybe you should release a demo then so we can clear our mind.
  • LlamaactionLlamaaction Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Do yourself a favour and go listen to the Abbey Road medley.
  • Cpt. OverkillCpt. Overkill (Briefly) Touched by a Banhammer
    edited July 2009
    Which it's likely to, since there are basically no interesting Beatles tracks for instrumentation.
    You sir, need to listen to more Beatles tracks.

EDIT: I'm not saying the game will suck, I think it will be quite good. I think people should just stop jumping the gun on both sides of the "Will it be good?" argument.
    edited July 2009
    Llamaaction;2726150 said:
    Do yourself a favour and go listen to the Abbey Road medley.
    And on that note The End better make disc.
  • tridentgum0tridentgum0 Uninteresting Poster
    edited July 2009

Rental game all the way.
    This is the lol of the day 7/16/09. Congratulations.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited July 2009
    General Lein979;2726149 said:
    Maybe you should release a demo then so we can clear our mind.
    Or you could listen to the songs and clearly hear the bass lines are going to be fun :)
    edited July 2009
    instantdeath999;2726166 said:
    Or you could listen to the songs and clearly hear the bass lines are going to be fun :)
    I know but a demo would be so awesome, the wait is too long.
  • kraken613kraken613 Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    I am mad that Nintendo won't let them sell albums and I will have to buy it all individually for $2 a piece. I mean give us a slight price decrease so that buying all of them cost the same as the full album on another system. That would only be a little off of each song.
    edited July 2009
    I'm just glad I'll be able to grab 3 DLC songs free thanks to the Gamestop pre-order promotion. That was a pleasant surprise. So really it's 48 songs to start if you've pre-ordered from there.
  • IErrantVentureIIErrantVentureI Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    I just wonder how they'll work out Because.
  • vcalzonevcalzone Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    HMXHenry;2726128 said:
    I'm a sucker for that melodic, chromatic bassline, too. Is one reason I'm a big fan of early Elvis Costello, when Bruce Thomas just went all over the place.
  • vcalzonevcalzone Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    IErrantVentureI;2727605 said:
    I just wonder how they'll work out Because.
    Maybe they got Paul to bang out some new guitar parts to add on to the original, like George Lucas would do with Star Wars.
  • JormJorm Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    HMXHenry;2726128 said:
    Being I play Bass almost exclusively (it and drunken vocals), I am so looking forward to this game.

Me and my new Hofner, rocking out on 9/9/09. It's going to be great. :D
  • DavisrocksDavisrocks Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    kraken613;2726304 said:
    I am mad that Nintendo won't let them sell albums and I will have to buy it all individually for $2 a piece. I mean give us a slight price decrease so that buying all of them cost the same as the full album on another system. That would only be a little off of each song.
    oh phooey, i didn't know about this!
    oh well, i don't really care about the price!
    the beatles are priceless!
  • ThePenguinThePenguin Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Wait a sec... will the Wii also be able to download albums? Or just songs?
  • Moony_LupinMoony_Lupin Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    ThePenguin;2728662 said:
    Wait a sec... will the Wii also be able to download albums? Or just songs?
    Currently we can only download one song at a time, no idea if this could change. My guess is that it's got something to do with the SD card.

Hopefully they'll work something out where we can purchase the whole album and then be able to download each song individually, which would take a bit of time, but I'd be happy to do it for a full album price and not $2 a pop.
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited July 2009
    Moony_Lupin;2728895 said:
    Currently we can only download one song at a time, no idea if this could change. My guess is that it's got something to do with the SD card.

Hopefully they'll work something out where we can purchase the whole album and then be able to download each song individually, which would take a bit of time, but I'd be happy to do it for a full album price and not $2 a pop.
    It's actually Nintendos policy of not allowing the same item on their store twice.
  • Moony_LupinMoony_Lupin Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    Well at least we know it's something that COULD be changed. Let's hope they do.
  • gamrrpolgamrrpol Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    mva5580;2726147 said:
    They could release the game with ONLY the 10 songs already announced, and I'd be content. I'd get more replay value out of that than I currently get out of having Rock Band 1, Rock Band 2, and the ACDC Track Pack on my 360. I doubt I'll ever play those games again after The Beatles comes out.

If there are "basically no interesting Beatles tracks," then what exactly does that make Rock Band 1/2? I play the same 15-20 damn songs over and over and over again because the others bore me to death. See, imagine that. different people with different opinions. If you have no interest in The Beatles game, I fail to understand why you're here.
    So you'd be happy to play the same 10 Beatles songs over and over ad nauseum but can only find 15-20 songs in the 160 disc songs plus hundreds of additional DLC songs from RB? Seems like RB was a stupid purchase for you as you seem to only like music by The Beatles.

I have much more understanding of people who like lots of other music but don't like The Beatles compared to people who don't seem to like any other music but claim some small sampling of songs by The Beatles will satisfy their every need.

But that's what's great about America, we can all have different opinions and satisfy them. Then make fun of others. And them make fun of ours. Ain't it a great country?