Album Stories?

ArchangelZeroArchangelZero Road Warrior
edited July 2009 in Less Rokk More Talk
Hey, I just wanted to know, is there anyone out there who, when listening to an album, turns it into a story?

And I mean not just a concept album, I mean just a normal album.

Comments

• ffwarrior47ffwarrior47 Headliner
    edited July 2009
    I always imagined Metallica's Ride the Lightning like this:

A man, in his early 20s is fighting in a war [fight fire with fire], when his team gets captured and tortured, and he is brutally beaten, then taken to a prison, where he must face the electric chair [ride the lightning], and he is having life flashbacks as he is sitting in the chair [for whom the bell tolls], and he thinks of all the terrible things he has done in his life time, and how many he has killed while in the army, and now his life is slowly fading away [fade to black].
    He then wakes up in his prison cell, relived that him being taken to the electric chair was all a dream, but he must now find a way out of his cell [trapped under ice] (the ice is a metaphor for the bars?) Then he hears of plans of other prisoners breaking out of the prison [escape] So he joins them, and they all break out of the prison (yeah, it was that easy XD) while the guards are chasing them, [creeping death]. (yes i know, creeping death is about the ten commandments, but this is my story! :p) They then discover a giant cave they the run to hide in, but they are greeted by Cthulhu, and he brutally maims them all for disturbing his rest.

long story short, if i were a writer on the ride the lightning movie, it would be full of plot holes :D
  • Ben667ukBen667uk Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    ffwarrior47;2705748 said:
    I always imagined Metallica's Ride the Lightning like this:

A man, in his early 20s is fighting in a war [fight fire with fire], when his team gets captured and tortured, and he is brutally beaten, then taken to a prison, where he must face the electric chair [ride the lightning], and he is having life flashbacks as he is sitting in the chair [for whom the bell tolls], and he thinks of all the terrible things he has done in his life time, and how many he has killed while in the army, and now his life is slowly fading away [fade to black].
    He then wakes up in his prison cell, relived that him being taken to the electric chair was all a dream, but he must now find a way out of his cell [trapped under ice] (the ice is a metaphor for the bars?) Then he hears of plans of other prisoners breaking out of the prison [escape] So he joins them, and they all break out of the prison (yeah, it was that easy XD) while the guards are chasing them, [creeping death]. (yes i know, creeping death is about the ten commandments, but this is my story! :p) They then discover a giant cave they the run to hide in, but they are greeted by Cthulhu, and he brutally maims them all for disturbing his rest.

long story short, if i were a writer on the ride the lightning movie, it would be full of plot holes :D
    I would sooo go to see that movie :p
  • ArchangelZeroArchangelZero Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    I always imagined Lostprophets's Liberation Transmission like this:

A war-torn, corrupt land is presented (Everyday Combat), while two main characters, the broken boy and the lonely girl are introduced in this screwed-up world, where they meet and become best friends (A Town Called Hypocrisy). The boy, who has a girlfriend whom he hates, decides to get rid of her, while a rebellion in the land is growing and ready to send a transmission asking everyone to fight against the corrupt (The New Transmission). The transmission is sent out (Rooftops (A Liberation Transmission)), and while this occurs, the boy and girl are steady friends, while the girl starts becoming hollow and fake (Can't Stop, Gotta Date With Hate). The boy decides to confront her about it, and their friendship is broken (Can't Catch Tomorrow). Afterwards, the transmission persuades many to join the rebellion to fight the corrupt government and go through with it (Everybody's Screaming). Next, the girl realizes she is in love with the boy (Broken Hearts, Torn-Up Letters, and the Story of a Lonely Girl), while the boy sinks into depression after losing his best friend (4:AM Forever). A final battle against the corrupt government occurs, giving many a belief in a better future (For All These Times Son, For All These Times), and the leaders of the Rebellion create a much more oppressive government, covering their true intentions from the beginning (Heaven For the Weather, Hell For the Company). The story ends from the boy's point of view, lonely, still in love with the girl, and sad (Always All Ways (Apologies, Glances, and Messed-Up Chances)

Damn...that sure looked better in my head...