582 drummers? In the same room?? Playing the same thing???

davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
edited July 2009 in Less Rokk More Talk
Britain has beaten the U.S.-held world record of 533 drummers playing the same beat in the same room for 5 minutes with a record-shattering 582!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1199480/Now-thats-massive-hit-582-drummers-play-way-new-world-record.html

Comments

• voodoo618voodoo618 Headliner
    edited July 2009
    That would be loud.

****ing awesome, but extremely loud.
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited July 2009
    I had a wager with my friend that 581 drummers could not stay on beat with each other if they were playing the same song. DavidShek has now undermined my self-determined worth and intergrity. I can never show my face in my circle of friends for quite some time now. Thanks a lot.

That was actually pretty damn impressive. A hell of a lot more so than all the guitarists playing the main riff from Smoke on the Water. ooooh tough.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited July 2009
    I feel bad for their roadies
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited July 2009
    Oscar-Rio;2713968 said:
    I had a wager with my friend that 581 drummers could not stay on beat with each other if they were playing the same song. DavidShek has now undermined my self-determined worth and intergrity. I can never show my face in my circle of friends for quite some time now. Thanks a lot.
    No problem. :D

I'd love to see a video of that, if only just to see what beat they were actually playing...
  • JesusSilencioJesusSilencio Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    That's pretty sweet, but there's no way they actually sounded together. Especially since drum set player typically have some interpretation to their rhythms.

Still, 582 drummers playing the same thing at the same time is pretty ridiculous. That must've been hell to coordinate.