What's With Made In Mexico?

Blue88Blue88 Opening Act
edited July 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
Made In Mexico. Everyone seems to agree that they are the worst band ever, or at least the worst to be in Guitar Hero games. Farewell Myth was pretty bad, but I recently played Yes We Can again out of sheer boredom. I realized that this song was horrible and bizarre to the point of being terrifying. I honestly expect to see them in Rock Band, and am filled with fear. Another interesting aspect is this: I can find no information about them.

Now sure, you might think "who cares? The less I know, the better." I would agree, but when I looked them up on myspace to see if they are even serious or a joke, but they don't have a Myspace. They don't have a Purevolume either. You know nothing about them. They could be anywhere. You could pass them on the street. They could be waiting under your bed.

Also, how did they get in the GH games? Is it an in-joke? Are they good friends with someone in Harmonix? Are they serious about their music, or do they realize the horror they are wreaking? I'm actually sort of curious about them. The last sentence has to be in Italics.

Comments

• Blue88Blue88 Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    Didn't look very hard: http://www.myspace.com/zodiaczoo

I'd take them over MCR,Horton Heat,Living End,Suicidal Tendancies,Everytime I Die,Megasus and any random crap pulled off the internet from some lame cartoon. Farewell Myth isn't that bad.

No I did not. (Put image of Carl slapping his face here.)
  • benjaminbenjamin Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    I like every single band that the second poster named. I also like Made In Mexico.

But I dislike most 70s rock like Led Zeppelin so I get people angry. Good Times.
  • edited July 2007
    Made In Mexico is easily the worst band from the guitar hero games. Farewell Myth and Yes We Can both made me cringe so much. 5 starring them was no easy feat, having to mute the game and play just by looking at the fret board.

I often ponder the ethical dilemmas most of us come across when having to play a Made In Mexico song in Guitar Hero. We all love the GH series and everything it has to offer, so can we morally justify skipping a song or refusing to play it entirely? When it comes to Made In Mexico... Yes, we can.
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    They do seem to lack a great deal of talent....:(
  • guan69guan69 Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    I always found it odd that GH fans hated Made in Mexico. I really don't see whats so bad with "Farewell Myth." (Don't really remember their song from GHII). If anything, I thought most people would've been hating on Freezepop's songs.
  • spagettispagetti Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    guan69 wrote: »
    I always found it odd that GH fans hated Made in Mexico. I really don't see whats so bad with "Farewell Myth." (Don't really remember their song from GHII). If anything, I thought most people would've been hating on Freezepop's songs.

Freezepop rock.
    edited July 2007
    Freezepop is a close second. But at least their tunes are catchy.
  • Keagan2387Keagan2387 Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    Megasus is by far the worst band, that must of been a bet gone wrong.
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Made in Mexico...Not such a good band , Love Freezepop Tho and Honest Bob and the Factory-To-Dealer Incentives
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited July 2007
    I don't mean to offend anyone by expressing my distaste for MIM, but I really can't stand their songs in the GH games. Freezepop songs are fun to play and interesting, but MIM's songs are so unlistenable and boring that I don't know how they got into the game in the first place. I first presumed they were an inside joke at HMX, and I still hope that is the case. MIM's music is pretty much universally disliked among the GH community. Harmonix usually exhibits a fine taste in each of the songs that they choose, and I continue to hope that MIM is just a cruel joke.
  • BobLoblawBobLoblaw Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    Made in Mexico are awesome, and I hope they put Brown Berets in Rock Band. I <3 Farewell Myth. I also really like Red Lottery(Doom/stoner metal, FTW) and HATE Six, which is the totally opposite of most people on this board.
  • Phrank-EPhrank-E Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    Didn't look very hard: http://www.myspace.com/zodiaczoo

I'd take them over MCR,Horton Heat,Living End,Suicidal Tendancies,Everytime I Die,Megasus and any random crap pulled off the internet from some lame cartoon. Farewell Myth isn't that bad.

How DARE you include Suicidal Tendencies in with that rubbish. ST are a huge deal to anyone who is into the old skate thrash scene. That's like putting Slayer in with hair bands.

And Reverend Horton is a legend in his genre as well....
    edited July 2007
    I just left this one alone. You should know better than to correct someone that is wrong on a forum. It only leads to their heart being broken. Especially when its with you Phrank! :D
  • Phrank-EPhrank-E Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    Anyway... Back on topic.. Made in Mexico is, I believe, a band in which contains one of the Harmonix artists? coder? Thinking art though... Sean could clear it up.. But all sorts of Harmonix bands are in the Bonus line up.. Monkey Steals the Peach is one.
  • Keagan2387Keagan2387 Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    BobLoblaw wrote: »
    Made in Mexico are awesome, and I hope they put Brown Berets in Rock Band. I <3 Farewell Myth. I also really like Red Lottery(Doom/stoner metal, FTW) and HATE Six, which is the totally opposite of most people on this board.

Man you have bad taste.