Clarification on the approval process for RBN songs

Mr. TateMr. Tate Road Warrior
edited July 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Can anyone from Harmonix clarify the approval process, at least with the information they have ta hand right now?

I imagine a band having their full album charted, paying for whatever is needed (software license, masters cleaning, MIDI charting, translation to the game, etc. etc.) for 9-10 songs. Then they upload the material. Then comes the part I'm not understading. In one place I read that after "reviewing" the approval is automated. In another I read that once both parties, authors AND community, agree that the song is ready, it's approved. Can anyone clarify this point? Because it seems that a band going through all the authoring process and paying the money they need to pay has no guarantee to be actually published.

Comments

• FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited July 2009
    Official threads for the win :D
  • Mr. TateMr. Tate Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Flawless;2733294 said:
    Official threads for the win :D
    If you can point me out to where I can find the answer to my question I would be really glad. I followed the official thread since this morning but frankly I couldn't find a definitive answer.
  • edited July 2009
    Mr. Tate;2733292 said:
    Can anyone from Harmonix clarify the approval process, at least with the information they have ta hand right now?

I imagine a band having their full album charted, paying for whatever is needed (software license, masters cleaning, MIDI charting, translation to the game, etc. etc.) for 9-10 songs. Then they upload the material. Then comes the part I'm not understading. In one place I read that after "reviewing" the approval is automated. In another I read that once both parties, authors AND community, agree that the song is ready, it's approved. Can anyone clarify this point? Because it seems that a band going through all the authoring process and paying the money they need to pay has no guarantee to be actually published.
    That's true, it doesn't. Unless I assume the band and the author agree that no money changes hands until it is approved by the peer review community. But that's not up to us. That's up to the author and the band.

Main thread.
This discussion has been closed.