RBN Who thinks Axl might stick it to Slash by releasing GNR stuff

Givem2meGivem2me Rising Star
edited August 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Okay, you following me? Axl owns all the Guns and Roses stuff and could totally stick it to the original band by releasing their stuff on Rock Band Network.

How would you like to see that? Discuss...

Comments

• princeofcupsprinceofcups Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    HMX would pay him to chart and release as normal DLC. Why would he want to spend 100 hours per song trying to do it himself?
  • Flux_Capacitor22Flux_Capacitor22 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    princeofcups;2734946 said:
    HMX would pay him to chart and release as normal DLC. Why would he want to spend 100 hours per song trying to do it himself?
    That sounds like the kind of thing Axl would do just to do it.

He'll team up with Billy Corgan, who'll probably do the same for all the Smashing Pumpkins songs.
  • Givem2meGivem2me Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    Um, I guess cause Harmonix doesn't want to piss off Slash, so they only pay for the new garbage.
  • dxbrbnkdxbrbnk Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Givem2me;2735045 said:
    Um, I guess cause Harmonix doesn't want to piss off Slash, so they only pay for the new garbage.
    Woah, I'll admit that some of the new GNR stuff is not enjoyable but it certainly not "garbage". Some of the new album is actually pretty good.
  • RoCKHeR0_GaLaXYT0URRoCKHeR0_GaLaXYT0UR Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    dxbrbnk;2735061 said:
    Woah, I'll admit that some of the new GNR stuff is not enjoyable but it certainly not "garbage". Some of the new album is actually pretty good.
    I agree only some and by some i mean 60% of there new stuff vs there old stuff.
  • HauntingYourKidsHauntingYourKids Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Slash has songwriter credit for a lot of the old songs. It'd have to go through his say so anyway, right? And if he was cool with "Welcome to the Jungle" in GH3, he ought to be okay with everything else going elsewhere.
  • sidman69sidman69 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    slash gets royalties on those old GNR songs so he'd be delighted to have them licensed. And plus Axl has gone back in to hiding, haven't heard anything from that recluse in a while. Maybe he's angry that Chi Dem was one of the worst selling albums on rock band.
  • Icyjoe14Icyjoe14 Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    Well as a huge GNR fan i have a few things to say
    1. Axl's Problem with slash and gh3 was less about welcome to the jungle being in it and more about the way the game made it seem like slash was the only good part of GNR
    2. As much as I like him, I can't see axl charting the songs himself in a million years. Overall, i doubt RBN is the platform we will see big bands like this unless they're known for fan service and going out of their way to promote themselves through multiple medias.
    3. I'm pretty sure that if Axl, Geffen Records and HMX came to a deal slash wouldn't stop them, that could just be wishful thinking though.
    4. Read the sig lol
  • DarkHeartsDieDarkHeartsDie Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    stop making excuses of trying to say "we want old GNR DLC" when really we all know axl is not dumb enough to actually give it to you
  • Chopper13Chopper13 Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Old Guns N' Roses sucks anyways. Along with the new stuff. Sure some songs are alright, but I just don't like them. That right, I said it.
  • ZmsZms Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    RBN is not for major labels/bands. Get over it! If an artist this big want's to be in RB it will be done the traditional way (which guarantees quality and bigger revenues).
  • aspiringaspiring Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    Yeah i really think people are expecting way too much from this. Its just going to be 99% indie bands who otherwise would not get this sort of marketing and extra revenue. To think that, say, Led Zepplin or bands of that nature will do their own charts are kidding themselves. And thats the way it should be. Let HMX do the big names while the unknown bands do it for exposure.
  • KozmicRiffKozmicRiff Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    I think that a deal has already been made and old stuff is coming. HMX just agreed to release Chi Democracy first......
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited July 2009
    Um, how would Axl stick it to Slash by releasing "old" GNR via the RBN when it would still require Slash's okay to go forward.

Unless Slash doesn't have any IP rights to the material anymore.
  • west siidewest siide Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    T-Hybrid;2735979 said:
    Um, how would Axl stick it to Slash by releasing "old" GNR via the RBN when it would still require Slash's okay to go forward.

Unless Slash doesn't have any IP rights to the material anymore.
    I think Slash has the right to play the old songs at concerts, but he didn't technically have the OK to send off Welcome to the Jungle to GH3. You gotta wonder how much control ANY of the members have, seeing how the record company is way damn in debt from a decade of recording Chinese Democracy, and neither Axl nor Slash could stop a "Greatest Hits" release.
  • ZidaneZidane Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Flux_Capacitor22;2735015 said:
    That sounds like the kind of thing Axl would do just to do it.

He'll team up with Billy Corgan, who'll probably do the same for all the Smashing Pumpkins songs.
    Didn't Billy Corgan want to hook up with old members of his band? Doesn't sound like an Axl thing.
  • Flux_Capacitor22Flux_Capacitor22 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Zidane;2736205 said:
    Didn't Billy Corgan want to hook up with old members of his band? Doesn't sound like an Axl thing.
    Last thing I remember hearing about that was a full Smashing Pumpkins reunion would happen before a Zwan reunion.
  • Lily_MuLily_Mu RB Wii Super Fan
    edited July 2009
    sidman69;2735118 said:
    slash gets royalties on those old GNR songs so he'd be delighted to have them licensed. And plus Axl has gone back in to hiding, haven't heard anything from that recluse in a while. Maybe he's angry that Chi Dem was one of the worst selling albums on rock band.
    No, Doolittle has that award.

Chinese Democracy is awesome, and sold fairly well.
  • ZidaneZidane Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Flux_Capacitor22;2736218 said:
    Last thing I remember hearing about that was a full Smashing Pumpkins reunion would happen before a Zwan reunion.
    I know Billy Corgan had an open letter to his old band mates, saying he wanted to get back together.
  • JdurgitJdurgit Banned
    edited July 2009
    Also, the issue with Axl and WttJ in GH3 was that Axl didn't get any of the royalties from the track being in the game, so that kind of irked him. While Axl owns the rights to GnR, the entire band owns the rights to the songs. So if the song is in a game, it requires the approval of all members of the band and they would all get the royalties from the deal.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited July 2009
    I really liked the new album, and I'm very happy with it. If we ever get more I'll be just as happy, but as of now, the new album and all the rest of my dlc just suits me just fine. I got a ton of music to play.
  • masterantoniomasterantonio Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    I hope we get appetite, but there's no way it's going to be on rbn. That would be a huge album. I'm sure hmx would chart it.
  • BruceDickinsonBruceDickinson Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    masterantonio;2879053 said:
    I hope we get appetite, but there's no way it's going to be on rbn. That would be a huge album. I'm sure hmx would chart it.
    Agreed. And I love how everyone is an expert about who owns what in the G'N'R catalog. Give it a rest people!
  • bradylicious9bradylicious9 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    if axl sticking it to slash = appetite for full album axl can stick it to him GOOD.
  • packerfan8675309packerfan8675309 Bladder of Steal
    edited August 2009
    Givem2me;2735045 said:
    I certainly wouldnt call it garbage. Its almost like its two different bands to be honest, so if you were expecting the classic stuff you would probably think the new stuff is garbage.
  • madcow36madcow36 Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    hes got nothing better to do lol