Sgt. Peppers/ A Little Help From My Friends combo?

ZZbottomZZbottom Unsigned
edited July 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Is this combination going to be in the game?

I hope so, I cant imagine them being seperated

Comments

• IErrantVentureIIErrantVentureI Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    We don't know as of yet. It'd be hard to split them up if they did, since they run right into each other!

Biiiilllllyyyy Shhhheeeeaarrrrsss!
  • pelemerenguepelemerengue Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    IErrantVentureI;2734980 said:
    We don't know as of yet. It'd be hard to split them up if they did, since they run right into each other!

Biiiilllllyyyy Shhhheeeeaarrrrsss!
    It'd actually be really easy to split them up, technically. I've seen the mono masters for both songs and "Sgt. Pepper's" has about 20-30 seconds of horns, drums, and bass before finishing (it peters off unenthusiastically, though -- you can tell that they were planning to segue straight into "With a Little Help").

The "With a Little Help" master begins with the "Billy Shears!" exclamation, though, so it might be a little weird to start the song without having just played "Sgt. Pepper's".

But honestly, the hard part about splitting them up is it just sounds so damn nice to hear it all together.
    edited July 2009
    You know what would actually be really cool? If they were separate songs but they segued together automatically whenever you played them back to back.
  • harveyglobetrotharveyglobetrot Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    They are two distinct masters, but it would just be too weird to play one without the other. I get annoyed with my iPod when Sgt Pepper comes on but then doesn't segue into With A Little Help From My Friends. I don't want to start yelling at another piece of electronic equipment for breaking them up.
  • Explosion2Explosion2 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    pelemerengue;2735372 said:
    You know what would actually be really cool? If they were separate songs but they segued together automatically whenever you played them back to back.
    I think I posted something like this in the rumors and facts thread, but about the Abbey Road medley. the idea being you could play any song individually, but if you select two or more of the songs in order, they become "medley-ized," treated as one song with a single results screen.
    edited July 2009
    God, I didn't even think about the Abbey Road medley. It must be at least ten minutes long altogether, so I'm sure there would be people who just want to play "You Never Give Me Your Money" or "The End" or something and be done with it.

I think having the ability to play it all through as one experience without any pauses in between is important, though.
  • JBurtonJBurton Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    I think if you are playing it in career it should definitely be together. But if you happen to want to play either song in Quickplay, then it should be separate.

Abbey Road Medley should be the same way. In Quickplay it should either be all the way, or a select song. Or if you just want to play 2 songs, if they are back to back, it should play.

Also, see Foreplay/Long Time... ;)
  • HarrisonFanHarrisonFan Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    lets hope they are together because it sounds right back to back and room for another song :D
  • LlamaactionLlamaaction Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    JBurton;2738963 said:
    Also, see Foreplay/Long Time... ;)
    Yeah, but it was written out as a medley on the original Boston album. It's Sgt. Peppers (Track 1) and With a Little Help From My Friends (Track 2).
  • JBurtonJBurton Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Llamaaction;2739463 said:
    Yeah, but it was written out as a medley on the original Boston album. It's Sgt. Peppers (Track 1) and With a Little Help From My Friends (Track 2).
    I was not aware it was on the CD as a medley. I always thought it was just two songs kind of put together for the game... lol
  • VedicardiVedicardi Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    I really hope either are in the game, split or not.
  • Bobman32xBobman32x Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Technicly The Hellion is track 1 and Electric Eye is Track 2 on Screaming for Vengence....
  • ZZbottomZZbottom Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    im pretty sure now they released them as seperate
  • zepplinmikezepplinmike Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    For this and the Abbey Road medley, they need some kind of special playlist where you can play songs without loading times in between.
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    They've already confirmed that both these two tracks and the Abbey Road medley will be played as single tracks.
  • username7410username7410 Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    They have to be tied together. The end of 'Sgt. Pepper' has McCartney introducing Billy Shears, you know, "The one and only Billy Shears..." it would make zero sense to have it end there.
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    I believe that the two tracks essentially overlap. They could separate them (Sgt Pepper would essentially peter out), but it would sound strange. The "Billy Shears" is part of the "With A Little Help" track. It could be done (it's mentioned in the Giles Martin interview, I believe), but it would sound weird to most people who have listened to the tracks as a pair for decades. Even on the radio, they're always played together.
  • zepplinmikezepplinmike Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/07/beatles-rock-band-2/

There's confirmation that the two songs are actually one song in the game. They can not be played separately.
  • IIISZABOIIIIIISZABOIII Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    If you notice, on yesterday's announcement of the 15 new tracks, the two mentioned in this thread are the only two that have an asterisk associated. There was no mention in the release (at least that I saw) that gave reason for said asterisks. I am assuming, in combination with the above posters link of supposed proof, that this is due to them being played as a single track.

• Twist And Shout / Cavern Club
    • Do You Want To Know A Secret / Cavern Club
    • Can't Buy Me Love / Ed Sullivan Theater
    • I Wanna Be Your Man / Ed Sullivan Theater
    • Eight Days A Week / Shea Stadium
    • Paperback Writer / Budokan
    • And Your Bird Can Sing / Budokan
    • Yellow Submarine / Abbey Road Dreamscape
    • Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band* / Abbey Road Dreamscape
    • With a Little Help from My Friends* / Abbey Road Dreamscape
    • Within You Without You / Tomorrow Never Knows / Abbey Road Dreamscape
    • Revolution / Abbey Road Dreamscape
    • Birthday / Abbey Road Dreamscape
    • Dig A Pony / Rooftop Concert
    • I've Got A Feeling / Rooftop Concert
  • Link585Link585 Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    yes it is, it was announced with them
  • BubBub Generic Person
    edited July 2009
    HarrisonFan;2739393 said:
    lets hope they are together because it sounds right back to back and room for another song :D
    Yeah their is. They announced it on X-Play.
  • AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    If you notice this
    HMXSean said:
    • Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band* / Abbey Road Dreamscape
    • With a Little Help from My Friends* / Abbey Road Dreamscape
    only these two songs are starred on the list.
  • rad5brandonrad5brandon Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    They are played together, as is the entire Abbey Road medley. There might be a way to play it seperate but I don't have any info about that.
  • i_c_weineri_c_weiner Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Rod_Stixx;2752637 said:
    They've already confirmed that both these two tracks and the Abbey Road medley will be played as single tracks.
    rad5brandon;2760479 said:
    They are played together, as is the entire Abbey Road medley. There might be a way to play it seperate but I don't have any info about that.
    Source on the Abbey Road medley please. I'd love to read the article.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited July 2009
    Paul does Lead Vocal on Sgt. Pepper's, and Ringo does Lead Vocal on A Little Help... I wonder if they'll both be charted to the same color line.

You can see Ringo's line charted as Blue in this screenshot... If anybody finds a shot of Paul's solo vocals in Sgt. Pepper's, we could compare
  • chrth_rbchrth_rb Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    I've decided that the DLC will have Good Morning Good Morning/SPLHCB reprise as one track. I know the reprise runs into A Day in the Life, but they can always use the Blue Album version for it.
  • ElegyElegy Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    What is the Abbey Road Medley exactly then? Does it start with You Never Give Me Your Money? Because I thought it'd be from Mean Mr. Mustard to Her Majesty....
  • justin19954justin19954 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    It starts with You Never Give Me My Money and goes till Her Majesty.
  • ElegyElegy Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Interesting. Him...that would be epic to play.... cannot wait, haha.

And thank you.