How Rock Band Network will change the economy.

ZidaneZidane Road Warrior
edited July 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Indie bands finally get their music to more people and see profits rise for them.

Mainstream bands want to get in the game, but aren't fluent with the concept so they pay Joe Schmoes who are capable of using the service to bring the music to us. More people get paid.

Artists and record companies soon realize the old way of selling music is dead. Jimmy Page falls to the floor weeping, "You win Rock Band... You win..."

Rock Band soon becomes the only place musicians come for video games, Activision crumbles from it's own greed and self-destructive ways. (Well, this may be a bit bad...)

We finally get some Queen, there is peace in the middle east.

Comments

• AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    1. People don't buy the DLC because they don't reconize it

2. People do buy the DLC becasue it is a local band they know.

3. The RBN gets flooded with crap music that turns people off from buying the music from the network causing the RBN to be shut down (worst case)
  • Plugs44Plugs44 Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    This is so epic. I can't wait. DLC everyday?? That's just insane. And I could even see MY band in Rock Band!! I think you are right though, this opens a whole new level of distribution. Now, a band's album is gonna debut on the Rock Band Billboard Top 200 if it's "climbing the charts".

My only question is, why is this only for 360? Or am I misunderstanding something?
  • quinakingquinaking Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Let me guess, then everybody will be rich and Harmonix will release LZ:RB? Good idea.
  • acidicthought8acidicthought8 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    This is the funniest thread I've seen in a long time.
  • Nitz13Nitz13 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    AKALink;2736105 said:
    1. People don't buy the DLC because they don't reconize it
    2. People do buy the DLC becasue it is a local band they know.

3. The RBN gets flooded with crap music that turns people off from buying the music from the network causing the RBN to be shut down (worst case)
    Maybe if people realized RB and this new RBN are/will be a great way to discover new music. Instead of automatically thinking a band they don't know is crap :rolleyes:
  • Plugs44Plugs44 Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    AKALink;2736105 said:

Wrong. They aren't letting ANYTHING in, the songs have to reviewed first by the Creators Community to see if it's a good chart and/or even worth it, and then reviewed AGAIN by the peer review, which I assume is HMX, or partners with HMX. So they're getting quality songs a chance, not just any. Plus, if I'm wrong and you're right, it's still your opinion about whether its crap out, people have different kinds of tastes and may love your "crap". Also, it's a separate download store so people won't be confused by it, and you get a 30 second preview clip for each song instead of 10 or less or whatever we get now. If you don't like it, don't get it.
  • AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Nitz13;2736121 said:
    Maybe if people realized RB and this new RBN would are/will be a great way to discover new music. Instead of automatically thinking a band they don't know is crap :rolleyes:
    There are plenty of programs out there on the web the bands use to get "instantly famous" that resemble the guitar hero and rock band games. They have flooded those places and left them high and dry because they only did it to become famous. I personally want to put some songs on the RBN but I want to spend time tweaking them to make sure they are perfect so everyone will enjoy. But even for me when I first started recording I was like "I just recorded my first song and it is a cover of a Zelda song! Lets got upload it to ocremix even though I feel I can do so much more with it."

And as I said, the 3rd case is the worst case scenario.
  • ZidaneZidane Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Plugs44;2736106 said:
    This is so epic. I can't wait. DLC everyday?? That's just insane. And I could even see MY band in Rock Band!! I think you are right though, this opens a whole new level of distribution. Now, a band's album is gonna debut on the Rock Band Billboard Top 200 if it's "climbing the charts".

My only question is, why is this only for 360? Or am I misunderstanding something?
    I'm guess that since they are using Micorosoft's software that would be the reason. But I'm sure the PS3 will get the best of and most requested songs. Not just that, but I was thinking you could buy the songs through rockband.com and redeem it on your PS3. Worst case scenario the PS3 ends up being like the Wii and gets the songs at a later date.
    Nitz13;2736121 said:
    Maybe if people realized RB and this new RBN are/will be a great way to discover new music. Instead of automatically thinking a band they don't know is crap :rolleyes:
    Tru dat
    edited July 2009
    Also we get every band ever's full discography.
  • OddbrotherOddbrother Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    It's give or take. But since Harmonix is taking the plunge, they better know what they're doing.
    edited July 2009
    quinaking;2736144 said:
    I already own every Queen album, so I don't mind buying them again.
    edited July 2009
    Off topic, is your username based off a character from the same game as mine? Because if so, props for the only good game in that ****ing series.
  • SoratarSoratar Scapegoat
    edited July 2009
    quinaking;2736144 said:
    I support this statement. We should start with Relient K.
  • OddbrotherOddbrother Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    I, uh, don't think it's a good idea to push bands into this. Let them do what they want.

If we torture them, they'll hate us.
    edited July 2009
    quinaking;2736154 said:
    Off topic, is your username based off a character from the same game as mine? Because if so, props for the only good game in that ****ing series.
    If you're talking about Final Fantasy IX, then your right on, friend. :cool:
    Oddbrother;2736167 said:
    I, uh, don't think it's a good idea to push bands into this. Let them do what they want.

If we torture them, they'll hate us.
    If we don't torture them we will never be free.
  • XinZXinZ Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    You paint a pretty beautiful picture, but I just don't see it happening.
  • raydenbladeraydenblade Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    wow, this is what I get for not checking the forums today :S... still trying to get my head around what's going on.

For Soratar: Relient K is a good idea, I cant get "must have done something right" out of my head all week!
  • Ferocious QFerocious Q Headliner
    edited July 2009
    quinaking;2736144 said:

It'll be just like Itunes!!! :)
  • iruhlmaniruhlman Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Plugs44;2736106 said:

its only for the 360 because it's indie developer software program(XNA) is already up and running and producing some quality games.

PS3 offers nothing by way of these tools (developers already complain its a hard system to develop for, you think we _gamers_ can do any better?) and the Wii offers Wiiware but I heard that runs upwards of 1,500 bucks for a dev kit.

XNA is free but does require a membership, so not just anyone can review this stuff, its paying members just like on Xbox Live.

hope this helps a bit...