Everyone, try and email bands about RBN...

Comments

• ClamorousClamorous Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    A New Pyro Fool;2737648 said:
    For God Sakes, someone stop the 4chan'ers from emailing Rick Astley about it.
    Admit it people...this would be awesome...if it is free. :D
  • AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Bands
    Alexisonfire
    An Endless Sporadic
    Attack in Black
    Billy Talent
    The Black Lips
    Brothers Chaps
    Buckethead
    Campaign
    Cancer Bats
    Flobots
    HORSE the Band
    Jonathan Coulton
    Paramore & Hayley Williams
    Protest the Hero
    Machinae Supremacy
    MC5
    My Chemical Romance
    Muse
    The Raveonettes
    Rock N Roll Soldiers
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Weird Al

Labels
    Dine Alone Records

People
    Garrett McPherson
    Tommy Thayer
  • GrimmjaGrimmja Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    I've contacted Becoming the Archetype about it (I think it was Jason Wisdom's email). I don't think anything would come of it, but if there are any other fans of the band, you could put it on their forums. Help tone down the 'WTFCREEPER' factor.
  • Ferocious QFerocious Q Headliner
    edited July 2009
    i've sent messages via MySpace for Halestorm, Yellowcard, and Rock N Roll Soldiers!
  • pureebil333pureebil333 Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    So about that template that we could fill in the bands name and just send them it.. Cause I really wouldnt know what to say,
  • Cpt. OverkillCpt. Overkill (Briefly) Touched by a Banhammer
    edited July 2009
    I sent an email to Thrushes just now.
  • FarCry2112FarCry2112 Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    I emailed Sea of Treachery, I Am Abomination (they're awesome check'em out), Escape the Fate,A Day To Remember and Victory Records. No responses yet, and I would love Becoming the Archetype!
  • quinakingquinaking Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    I contacted the brother of Bitter's guitarist. The most underrated band ever could be on Rock Band possibly maybe!
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited July 2009
    Ferocious Q;2738209 said:
    i posted a comment about it on halestorm's myspace
    Good call, sir. :)

Has anybody contacted The Cult yet? Just curious
  • packerfan8675309packerfan8675309 Bladder of Steal
    edited July 2009
    I doubt this would be very effective for bigger name bands, as they most likely won't care about me. Plus I'm sure Harmonix will do their share of marketing for the service. But I will get my friend's talented band to try and do it so thats good I guess.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    I messaged 13th Planet Records and Roadrunner Records.
  • bradylicious9bradylicious9 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    i saw somewhere it's only inside the us.
    does this mean def leppard can't do it?
  • KhiroKhiro Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    bradylicious9;2739005 said:
    i saw somewhere it's only inside the us.
    Source? :/

I remember reading/watching HMX saying that they were wating with a song creator until they had something more functional than the GHWT failure of a music creator. Maybe this is it.

I also wonder, how will they let artists charge money for this? And how much will the artists profit from the songs? And can the artists make charts without certain instruments? Will users have a limit of how many songs they can upload? How is this going to work out with licensing? :O

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HOW THIS TURNS OUT!
  • Tego1inTego1in Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Theres no way An Endless Sporadic could be on RB. Drummer works at Neversoft.
    EVERY ONE email The Strokes to do RBN. Twice a...minute will be nice.
  • FarCry2112FarCry2112 Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    I'm still wondering why my thread got moved, but this didn't, I follow the rules and Wow! Sham Wow works all the time, just kidding but really they didn't need to move it.
  • SwivleSwivle Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    I also emailed Roadrunner Records earlier today.
    I plan on contacting more bands next week, like Between the Buried and Me, and some local bands like Empire's Fate and Protest the Hero. My guitar teacher knows the guys from both bands, so hooking that up shouldn't be too hard.

^Copy/pasted from the moved thread^
  • AgentespioAgentespio Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    I just emailed Karl, webmaster and good friend of Weezer to see if they got anything going on.

I'll try a couple local bands I know as well!

EDIT: Also, the OP should post the list of what bands have been contacted in the first post so we can keep track.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    I messaged Metal Blade Records.
  • ham736ham736 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    well, with all the excitement with the RBN, all i can say is: Guitar Hero, you have just been KO'd, please go away before you embarrass yourself.
  • BLARGCOWBLARGCOW Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Some one contact Paul McCartney.
  • Magik_TekMagik_Tek Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    I'm surprised you guys haven't sent many e-mails straight to the smaller labels. Why go through each individual band when you can possibly get a label to ask many more if not all bands under their label.
  • JadisJadis Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    Wow, didn't expect this topic to take off like this! Good to see everyone's shooting out emails! :) I've sent to Riot and Bugs Henderson; gonna work on compiling a list to put in the first post.

Edit: Noticed that a lot of people have told me that An Endless Sporadic's actually a Neversoft band...whoops >_< Oh well, I wouldn't rule them out entirely...Freezepop made it onto one of the DS Guitar Hero games, after all!
  • NoMoreVillainsNoMoreVillains DIY Bacon
    edited July 2009
    I sent an email off to Vagrant Records. Tried to email Thrice, but it didn't go through. I'll try again later.

Also, posted on the Celldweller facebook page. It looks like Klayton keeps an eye on that page. I think he'll see it soon.

Also on Facebook, this should appear on my friends' news feeds: "encourages you to contact your favorite band and tell them about the Rock Band Network.
    http://creators.rockband.com/
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2730754#post2730754"
  • AgentespioAgentespio Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    I just asked the guy in charge of Bryan Adams, Michael Buble (why not?), and Bachman-Turner Overdrive. I have no idea what he'll be able to do, but maybe he'll contact a few people.
  • TheGJETheGJE Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    I emailed Static-X. Hope to hear back soon.
    edited July 2009
    i just asked Theory Of A Deadman via MySpace
  • woodwindpizzawoodwindpizza Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    To everyone: Let us know what you hear back from the people that you contact. Thanks! :)
    edited July 2009
    BLARGCOW;2739501 said:
    Some one contact Paul McCartney.
    I will look for a way to contact him now and get back ASAP. :cool:
    edited July 2009
    Who wants to help me contact Breaking Benjamin/their label?
    http://www.shallowbay.com/contact
    edited July 2009
    Ferocious Q;2739891 said:
    Who wants to help me contact Breaking Benjamin/their label?
    http://www.shallowbay.com/contact
    Send links to the RBN Press Release and creators.rockband.com to the email address of the management and carefully explain why the band should pursue getting content delivered via RBN without sounding desperate.
This discussion has been closed.