Rock Band Network - only for the US?

Rampaging_WangRampaging_Wang Opening Act
edited August 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Will this be available for the world or just the US?

Comments

• princeofcupsprinceofcups Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Only heavy metal expert guitar charts on XBox360 in the US.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited July 2009
    Did Australia get screwed again?
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    jonoo24;2736310 said:
    us and europe.
    US = North America?
  • Meatwad555Meatwad555 Merch-Table
    edited July 2009
    Julio_Strikes_Back;2736515 said:
    Probably.
  • edited July 2009
    Julio_Strikes_Back;2736515 said:
    Well RB2 isn't out in Australia on any platform yet, so yeah, it's pretty impossible for us to access, lol.
  • gintoki55gintoki55 Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    princeofcups;2736509 said:
    Only heavy metal expert guitar charts on XBox360 in the US.
    Lol. I guess I should take slight offense to that... being an American 360 owner... but nah.
  • NeogogluNeogoglu Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Wow i need a positive answer here, please HMX :

Does US = Canada in this case ?
  • MexMex Mex Type Thing
    edited July 2009
    Neogoglu;2736851 said:

Damn I hope so. I'm on PS3 so I don't want to get the double backhand.
  • JackBNimbleJackBNimble Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Neogoglu;2736851 said:

Yes it does
  • zerofanzerofan Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Neogoglu;2736851 said:

LOL. Canada can never equal the US :D Just messin. :rolleyes:
    edited July 2009
    zerofan;2736861 said:
    LOL. Canada can never equal the US :D Just messin. :rolleyes:
    That's right we will never stoop to that level.....joke...haha
  • l-o-tl-o-t Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    I think PS3 needs some kind of exclusive compensation. At least one bonus track or something...
  • NeogogluNeogoglu Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Please, don't make any political debate from
    my original posting, i just want to know if Canada
    and all the PS3 users up here will be able to
    buy those songs sooner or later.

If sooooooooooooooo, i will send the link
    right away to 'The Arcade Fire' and 'Sam Jones'
    official websites.

And why not Jon Lajoie either ?

Ok, no Jon Lajoie.
    edited July 2009
    Neogoglu;2736896 said:
    Please, don't make any political debate from
    my original posting, i just want to know if Canada
    and all the PS3 users up here will be able to
    buy those songs sooner or later.

If sooooooooooooooo, i will send the link
    right away to 'The Arcade Fire' and 'Sam Jones'
    official websites.

And why not Jon Lajoie either ?

Ok, no Jon Lajoie.
    The ps3 should be getting RBN sooner or later.
  • ZmsZms Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    This question is consequently ignored or "answered" without some official statement to back it up.
    woodwindpizza;2733048 said:
    It has been stated that it WILL work outside of the USA.
    Apples" said:
    It already says in the main thread its open to additional countries outside the US.
    Where? I have read the entire thread.
    Rock Band Network Press Release" said:
    The Rock Band Network will launch as an open beta in late August 2009 in the U.S
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited July 2009
    RBN songs will be available for sale in North America (inc Canada) and Europe. Submitters of RBN songs will need to be from the U.S.
  • LORDJUJULORDJUJU Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    HMXMister_Game;2737410 said:
    RBN songs will be available for sale in North America (inc Canada) and Europe. Submitters of RBN songs will need to be from the U.S.
    This sucks. Will Canadians ever be able to submit songs. Can we at least develop the songs until we are allowed to submit?
  • ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    There go my plans... :(

I was much more interesting in submitting songs, than in purchasing them. It this policy scheduled to change at some time in the future, or is it permanent?
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    So you're going to license more European indie songs, is that right?
  • ZmsZms Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Submitters of RBN songs will need to be from the U.S.
    For how long? While in Beta? Can people in Europe with XNA memberships review songs?
  • princeofcupsprinceofcups Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    gintoki55;2736787 said:
    Lol. I guess I should take slight offense to that... being an American 360 owner... but nah.
    I just razz the folks who ask questions and never say what console, instrument, difficulty, etc. they are talking about. For example, "Name some good songs" should read "Name some heavy metal songs that are difficult on expert guitar." :-)
  • Fuelie79Fuelie79 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Does that mean Australian bands can't put their music in?

EDIT: I guess that got answered.
  • Rampaging_WangRampaging_Wang Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Oh screw you harmonix.

I am fed up of all this, only caring about the US.

I thought i'd be able to get my band onto this game, which would have been like a fream come true, but as usual, we get shafted.
  • GrimmjaGrimmja Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Rampaging_Wang;2738003 said:
    Oh screw you harmonix.

I am fed up of all this, only caring about the US.

I thought i'd be able to get my band onto this game, which would have been like a fream come true, but as usual, we get shafted.
    You know, usually, I'm not an HMX apologist. However, in this case, I'm going to have to take their side for one reason and one reason only: facilty. If they allowed all countries involved to upload from the beginning, you would be looking at the launch time extremely delayed. Is it possible to allow non-U.S. countries to do it in the future? Possibly. However, if there was a mandate that non-U.S. countries be allowed to upload from the beginning, this project might not get off the ground at all.

I do understand your frustration. But, from the outside, it seems to have been an inevitability.
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited July 2009
    LORDJUJU;2737451 said:
    This sucks. Will Canadians ever be able to submit songs.
    We have already examined the possibility of opening up the authoring community to other countries. It simply wasn't practical for our launch. I can't give you any specifics, but we are interested in expanding creators.rockband.com to include submissions from other countries at some point in the future.
  • disco_studisco_stu Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    I don't want to sound rude or overly blunt because i appreciate the work that has gone into achieveing a Rock Band Network in the first place.

But if you want people from Europe playing your game as widely as they do in the US i suggest you get some instruments that don't break after infrequent use and the ability to submit European music to the RBN.

My drums don't work properly, my guitar fret buttons are jamming, RB2 instruments are STILL not available over here. And now the RBN is exclusive to not only 360 users but to US gamers too. Surely that means us Brits are going to have to sit through American Indie rock? I love indie but American indie rock on the whole is garbage. (I hope my opinion is changed on that)

Its all adding up and leaves a bad taste. Less tolerant people than me (i.e practically everyone in europe) might not have the same patience. This would be a great shame because with the right equipment, Rock Band is far superior to any rhythm game.

I do understand that music travelling across the atlantic is always a bit dodgy when the record companies feel like they don't know exactly who's hands its getting into. They're usually keen to squeeze the last drop of cash from our pockets so i understand that its a volatile issue that outdates the RBN. You say you're interested in including the European submission of music to the RBN but you've probably also been quoted of saying it would be nice to get RB2 instruments to Europe ASAP as well.
  • Tr1cky TprTr1cky Tpr Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    ok seriously this is ridiculous. i understand having 2 wait for physical items over here (RB2 instruments) but there is no reason that i can see for making UK wait for digitally distributed stuff at all. Its stupid and makes zero sense.

Remember that some guys dont even last a year in this business, and i know a mate who lives with a band that would probably love this kind of exposure.

I am also wanting access to this ASAP as I want my ticket off JobSeekers ASAP cus i would like to finally see some income with my music.
  • ZmsZms Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    HMXMister_Game;2738366 said:
    We have already examined the possibility of opening up the authoring community to other countries. It simply wasn't practical for our launch. I can't give you any specifics, but we are interested in expanding creators.rockband.com to include submissions from other countries at some point in the future.
    Ok, so this means people in Europe with XNA memberships can't review songs either?
    hmxsean;2730501 said:
    the more the merrier.
  • punk-picassopunk-picasso Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    i think us is all of north america
  • TheLovelyNoiseTheLovelyNoise Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    That sucks, I was really looking forward to utilizing that. Oh well maybe in the future.