Rock Band Network - Led Zeppelin

bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
edited August 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I just made a post on the Led Zeppelin Official Forum. I will post the link. Drop on by and show your support Zep and Rock Band fans!

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?showtopic=11355

Comments

• sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited July 2009
  • disco_studisco_stu Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    I would LOVE Zep on Rock Band.

But i think i speak for the majority of the forum when i say there is more chance of seeing Michael Jackson turn up at my door and ask to babysit.

I hope i'm made to eat my words

+Also you look like a spammer on that forum
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    disco_stu;2736478 said:
    I would LOVE Zep on Rock Band.

But i think i speak for the majority of the forum when i say there is more chance of seeing Michael Jackson turn up at my door and ask to babysit.

I hope i'm made to eat my words

+Also you look like a spammer on that forum
    thats funny! I'm no spammer, just a fan.
    edited July 2009
    edited July 2009
    bjyaritz;2736486 said:
    thats funny! I'm no spammer, just a fan.
    He's saying you look like a spammer. The overly-cordial tone, the wall of text and the linkspam at the bottom. Just pointing it out.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    I hope this goes well.
    edited July 2009
    The problem is that I'm 29 yrs old and really don't understand all this computer lingo. So maybe my message isn't perfect but at least I'm trying. I hope that some more people will reply on the forum and show some support.
  • pittpens6627pittpens6627 Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    Wasn't one of the rumors floating around that they weren't comfortable releasing the master tracks? This would solve that issue, if it were true

Edit: whoops, should have read the link first. Sorry for being redundant
  • Meatwad555Meatwad555 Merch-Table
    edited July 2009
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited July 2009
    The more people push Jimmy Page the more hes gonna detest all things Rythm games
  • tool654tool654 Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Page already doesnt want his songs in a music game, so, no.
    edited July 2009
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited July 2009
    disco_stu;2736798 said:

When i'm 50 and some teenager says he likes similar stuff to me, i'll show him who else he might like. I won't tell him to gtfo my era 'cause you weren't there.
    I’ll be to busy screaming at kids to get off my lawn and reminiscing about how candy was a nickel in my day. (What’s the point of being old if I can't be obnoxious?)
  • tool654tool654 Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Lawdog1521;2736810 said:
    I’ll be to busy screaming at kids to get off my lawn and reminiscing about how candy was a nickel in my day. (What’s the point of being old if I can't be obnoxious?)
    There probably isnt a point.
    edited July 2009
    Abe Simpson-esque outbursts do appeal to me actually.
  • l-o-tl-o-t Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Kay, NO! I own a PS3 and will not be getting any of these fan made tracks. If Zeppelin allows access to their songs via this method, you will have many, many irate PS3 owners. Mostly me!
    edited July 2009
    I own a PS3. I'm just not selfish
    edited July 2009
    disco_stu;2736841 said:
    I own a PS3. I'm just not selfish
    Perhaps. But for me Xbox Getting Zeppelin and none for me would be the worst. It's bad enough we don't get All you need is Love.
    Or we'd have to get some exclusive band for compensation. Like Queen.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited July 2009
    l-o-t;2736816 said:
    Kay, NO! I own a PS3 and will not be getting any of these fan made tracks. If Zeppelin allows access to their songs via this method, you will have many, many irate PS3 owners. Mostly me!
    What "fan-made tracks?"
    That's not how RBN works. At all.
    EVERYTHING that's uploaded has to be vetted by peer review and HMX's own QA. EVERY track that's uploaded *must* be copyrighted by the uploader --- i.e., if you don't own the rights, "your" song doesn't get released. Period. That goes for samples, too.

No way in hell are we gonna see "fan-made tracks" on RBN. Just original material. (And possibly parodies could be legally wrangled in -- that's still a gray area that hasn't been explored yet.)
    edited July 2009
    Who posted a link to this thread?
    edited July 2009
    cherokeesam;2736868 said:
    What "fan-made tracks?"
    That's not how RBN works. At all.
    EVERYTHING that's uploaded has to be vetted by peer review and HMX's own QA. EVERY track that's uploaded *must* be copyrighted by the uploader --- i.e., if you don't own the rights, "your" song doesn't get released. Period. That goes for samples, too.

No way in hell are we gonna see "fan-made tracks" on RBN. Just original material. (And possibly parodies could be legally wrangled in -- that's still a gray area that hasn't been explored yet.)
    Ah, I thought it was like the GH music studio. My mistake.

I bassically just saw "Xbox exclusive" and stopped reading/careing.
    edited July 2009
    l-o-t;2736889 said:

It isn't Xbox exclusive...
  • Sgt PepperSgt Pepper Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Here's something I'm not understanding about people thinking Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin are suddenly going to jump on-- It seems to me that the RBN is for bands that might not otherwise be released by Harmonix. The Billboard article said it was being implemented because they don't the time to work in all the bands they want. If Led Zep approached Harmonix, trust me, they'd make time.

I'm not even remotely expecting to see big bands released over the RBN-- it just increased accessibility, something the big names already had.
    edited July 2009
    Meatwad555;2736951 said:
    It isn't Xbox exclusive...
    Yeah... after actually reading some articals on it I see this now and am actually really quite excited for this development. I have no doubt that any track worth getting will be made availible to non-Xbox owners.
  • Legion37Legion37 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Sgt Pepper;2737026 said:
    Here's something I'm not understanding about people thinking Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin are suddenly going to jump on-- It seems to me that the RBN is for bands that might not otherwise be released by Harmonix. The Billboard article said it was being implemented because they don't the time to work in all the bands they want. If Led Zep approached Harmonix, trust me, they'd make time.

I'm not even remotely expecting to see big bands released over the RBN-- it just increased accessibility, something the big names already had.
    Sounds 100% correct.

Hell I know there are great charters out there that chart illegally used mp3s for games like Frets on Fire that could now use this as a possible business venture (charge a rediculously low amount to program the indie/unknown bands songs into Rockband and cut a precent of the profit made on the downloads. Or something along those lines that get these artists their time to shine and known.

But yeah if its a big band or well known then HMX will make time for them.

Now someone work on some Motorpsychos now! :mad::p
    l-o-t;2737045 said:
    Yeah... after actually reading some articals on it I see this now and am actually really quite excited for this development. I have no doubt that any track worth getting will be made availible to non-Xbox owners.
    Says right in the article that well done charts/game levels or whatever you like to call it will be provided to the other systems
    edited July 2009
    It's really strange how out of whack a thread can get after a couple hours.
  • Explosion2Explosion2 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Legion37;2737058 said:
    Hell I know there are great charters out there that chart illegally used mp3s for games like Frets on Fire that could now use this as a possible business venture (charge a rediculously low amount to program the indie/unknown bands songs into Rockband and cut a precent of the profit made on the downloads. Or something along those lines that get these artists their time to shine and known.
    It's already been put in motion.

Zep would be very cool, though.
    If this means they'd be willing to get into Rock Band, I'm all for it.
  • Tego1inTego1in Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Led doesn't want to be on RB much less their company.
  • Magik_TekMagik_Tek Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    l-o-t;2736889 said:

If you're not going to even bother reading than don't post such nonsense.
  • SkittlesSkittles Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Meatwad555;2736875 said:
    Who posted a link to this thread?
    there is a traitor among us