Clarification on something yet unmentioned about RBN (Well I havent seen it anywhere)

The_OreoThe_Oreo Opening Act
edited July 2009 in The Rock Band Network
So with the quote "RBN songs will be available for sale in North America (inc Canada) and Europe", does that mean that anyone outside said countries doesn't even have access to the RBN Store?

And if so, are fans like me getting shafted permanently, or until we get XNA or something?
It seems odd to me that Harmonix can't make the store available to say, Australasian players. I assume that its because the files would be labeled under XNA on XBL or something, which isn't even in my marketplace. Does anyone know if Harmonix has mentioned this further accessibility at all? I did try use the search bar already...

If it turns out we can't get the RBN stuff, count me highly disappointed. Mostly because I'm sure it'll be flooded with HMX bands at the least, and I love HMX bands!

Comments

  • edited July 2009
    I assume the reason us guys and gals in AU/NZ wont get it is because we don't have RB2 yet. As far as I know the RBN store is only accessable through an in-game store (although i might be wrong).

    If we don't have RB2 there's no way to access the store. Of course, we can always make up a US or EU account like usual.
  • The_OreoThe_Oreo Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    But I haz Rock Band 2?
    Anyways, making a US account would be pointless unless a bunch of free songs get put on the marketplace since you need American MS Point cards to credit your account.
  • acidicthought8acidicthought8 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    What happens is that only US/Canadians can upload songs. The songs will be available all over the world. Perhaps in the future they'll open it up to other countries.
  • BookerBooker Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    acidicthought8;2744980 said:
    What happens is that only US/Canadians can upload songs. The songs will be available all over the world. Perhaps in the future they'll open it up to other countries.
    I hope so, been talking to some people about RBN over the weekend and already have 4 or 5 bands interested in uploading stuff.

    Hope we can still get access to the tools so I can still play around with them.
  • acidicthought8acidicthought8 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Booker;2744990 said:
    I hope so, been talking to some people about RBN over the weekend and already have 4 or 5 bands interested in uploading stuff.

    Hope we can still get access to the tools so I can still play around with them.
    I also just read in the official thread that someone in the US can submit a song on behalf of the band, regardless of their location.
  • BookerBooker Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    acidicthought8;2745000 said:
    I also just read in the official thread that someone in the US can submit a song on behalf of the band, regardless of their location.
    Well thats good to know.

    Not an ideal solution but we'll see what happens when more details are released.
  • ArkaneArkane Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Well I think this will work on Mexican X Box live accounts, since you can buy things from the US Marketplace.
Sign In or Register to comment.