Fairly substantial query on RBN

Rampaging_WangRampaging_Wang Opening Act
edited July 2009 in The Rock Band Network
As we all know, Rock Band is known for three things:
Accurate Charting
Sound Quality
Animations and Stage

The first two will be down to us, the creators, when using Rock Band Network. However, how will the lighting, cameras, lip syncing, guitar playing and the whatnot be transcribed into the game? Will the creators have oppurtunity to do all of this as well?

Sorry if this has already been answered.

Comments

• MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Rampaging_Wang;2748274 said:
    Accurate Charting
    Sound Quality
    Animations and Stage

The first two will be down to us, the creators, when using Rock Band Network. However, how will the lighting, cameras, lip syncing, guitar playing and the whatnot be transcribed into the game? Will the creators have oppurtunity to do all of this as well?

Yeah, the creator designs the camera and lighting as well.
  • woodwindpizzawoodwindpizza Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    More info will be avaliable on this soon. You will be able to edit the animations and lighting. It's all in your hands.
  • Rampaging_WangRampaging_Wang Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    That is just reeking of awesome.

Shame I'm going to have to hire some Americans to do it for me :p

Another question - as my bands work will be done by Rhythm Authors, will I have to sign up for anything once they are released on the Rock Band Network to be able to access them? It would suck if my songs were ready but then unable to be played by me without paying for XNA.
  • skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
    edited July 2009
    Rampaging_Wang;2748354 said:

Another question - as my bands work will be done by Rhythm Authors, will I have to sign up for anything once they are released on the Rock Band Network to be able to access them? It would suck if my songs were ready but then unable to be played by me without paying for XNA.
    Once they're up, you'll download them just like any other DLC right now. They're just going to be in the RBN store.
  • fireshoesfireshoes Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    Rampaging_Wang;2748354 said:

I don't get people's interest in these stupid plastic guitar games... Why don't you just learn to play a real instrument?! :D:D:D
  • AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    my question is do you have to keep paying for XNA to keep your songs on the store?
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited July 2009
    AKALink;2749440 said:
    my question is do you have to keep paying for XNA to keep your songs on the store?
    No. Once your song passes review and is officially entered into the RBN Store, it won't even be on XNA anymore.
  • AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Another question do you have to own an Xbox 360 to upload the songs, and would I be able to test the songs on someone else's Xbox 360 with Rock band 1/2? I personally don't want to spend $300 on just the system.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited July 2009
    You guys should check out the FAQ on rhythm authors page. If you want to get your songs uploaded with minimal effot its the way to go. This will explain everything.

http://www.rhythmauthors.com

Thats what im suggesting to my friends bands right now.
  • Magik_TekMagik_Tek Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    AKALink;2749473 said:
    Another question do you have to own an Xbox 360 to upload the songs, and would I be able to test the songs on someone else's Xbox 360 with Rock band 1/2? I personally don't want to spend $300 on just the system.
    Uploading material is done through PC.

I believe you can test on your friend's 360 as long as its the GamerTag is associated with your XNA account.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited July 2009
    Rampaging_Wang;2748274 said:
    Accurate Charting
    Sound Quality
    Animations and Stage

Pretty sure it's in Apples' FAQ, but one of the devs stated that creators have the *option* to do their own animations and lighting, but if they don't, the animations and lighting will go to an "autopilot" default.
  • edited July 2009
    You are correct sir! :D