"Complete" Discography?

Dizzy8AtmosphereDizzy8Atmosphere Unsigned
edited July 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
The original Beatles albums, with the 2 CD Past Masters set of singles and other unreleased British non-album track totals around 220 songs (including LOVE and Let it Be. . . Naked). At the current pace of Rock Band DLC output, assuming HMX split their current resources in two, Rock Band 2 and The Beatles; Rock Band would each receive 4ish tracks a week. It is conceivable that the entire Beatles official catalogue plus other material could be released in DLC form before the end of 2010. I don't think it is likely, but if enough effort was put in to establish this game and make it the best that it could be, many would appreciate it and sales would definitely benefit.

I would support receiving fewer regular updates in favor of a more even split of Beatles tracks, but other fans might be upset. Your thoughts?

Comments

• Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    I doubt we'll see it all as DLC. Would be nice though. I'll take it anyway they dish it out - as long as they dish out a lot and keep it comin'.
  • Dizzy8AtmosphereDizzy8Atmosphere Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    I don't think it would happen unless it made a killing, but it definitely is possible within a fairly short amount of time. We don't know what they will already have prepared for the release. Abbey Road will be released sometime before the end of the year, and with the on-disc tracks and "All You Need is Love," that is already one-quarter of the catalogue to begin with.
  • ReaverReaver Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    It certainly is possible. I think they'll do it, but they may want to expand it over the coarse of a year. Maybe have them all out before RB3 comes out.
  • ShadowChaosControlShadowChaosControl Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    it would take a while, but hopefully they can be done in time for RB3, so they can focus on that
  • harveyglobetrotharveyglobetrot Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    I can see TB:RB having about a one year DLC cycle. No matter how you cut it (small weekly releases, monthly album releases, a fortnightly mixture of tracks etc.) they would struggle to get more than a year out of it. It's no huge issue, though; it's not as if the DLC goes anywhere after its put onto XBL/PSN/Wii equivalent.
    edited July 2009
    HMX has stated that they can complete 10 tracks a day. And remember, they've been keeping on top of regular RB tracks while doing the tracks for TB:RB and Lego RB, each game worth about two and a half months of RB2 DLC releases.
  • HeavyHorseHeavyHorse Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    They'll definitely release as much as possible. I'm not sure about a complete discography, but I can assure you that you'll have a thick amount of TB:RB DLC to dive into. :)
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited July 2009
    Are you also counting Free as a Bird and Real Love?
  • HarrisonFanHarrisonFan Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    abbey road going to be downloadable from launch?
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited July 2009
    Each song seems to be getting the complete works it would appear whether as DLC or not...as such the songs are gonna take that extra bit of effort to be ready for download for the Beatles game.

I cant see them rushing out a couple of hundred DLC tracks for the game anytime soon if at all but we will see most of it spread at length so its quality remains intact for each. Dreamscapes for example will still play there part in the DLC i believe
  • ThePenguinThePenguin Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    2-3 dollars a song for about 180 more songs?? That'll be a LOT of money.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited July 2009
    Well, since we are speculating... I would say an album every other month with "Past Masters" singles here and there until every single Beatles song is released.
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited July 2009
    ThePenguin;2750842 said:
    2-3 dollars a song for about 180 more songs?? That'll be a LOT of money.
    But well worth it!

The studio years stuff (Sgt. Pepper's onwards) will all feature unique dreamscapes (according to HMX) and there is always the possibility of new venues being added for touring years (Revolver backwards) (Candlestick Park? Hollywood Bowl? Washington DC?). There is no doubt in my mind that as these releases come out, they will be of the highest quality.

I predict we will eventually get the entire discography via Monthly album releases. "Abbey Road" in month one, maybe "Magical Mystery Tour" in month two, "A Hard Day's Night" in month three, etc.

As for the non-album tracks, maybe a pack right smack between the albums. For example:

Week 1: Nothing
    Week 2: The Beatles Pack 01: Rain/Free As A Bird/Real Love
    Week 3: Nothing
    Week 4: Abbey Road

It makes sense to me and give a staggared schedule to work with. However, this is just a theory and I have no idea how they intend to deal with this.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited July 2009
    I would love to be able to waste a day playing through The Beatles' catalog on this game!

It's one of the main things I want from this game. To be able to play through some of my favorite albums from beginning to end.
  • harveyglobetrotharveyglobetrot Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    HarrisonFan;2750293 said:
    abbey road going to be downloadable from launch?
    Someone came up with what (to me, anyway) sounds like a good theory. The 40th anniversary of the release of Abbey Road happens towards the end of September (September 26). HMX have said that Abbey Road will be available 'soon after launch'. In development/advertising-speak, that could mean days, weeks, months after launch, but most people, I would say, would consider days or weeks after launch to be 'soon'. Hopefully the Abbey Road DLC comes around that anniversary period.
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited July 2009
    harveyglobetrot;2751066 said:
    Someone came up with what (to me, anyway) sounds like a good theory. The 40th anniversary of the release of Abbey Road happens towards the end of September (September 26). HMX have said that Abbey Road will be available 'soon after launch'. In development/advertising-speak, that could mean days, weeks, months after launch, but most people, I would say, would consider days or weeks after launch to be 'soon'. Hopefully the Abbey Road DLC comes around that anniversary period.
    September 22 or 29 would be a perfect timing for it.
  • Dizzy8AtmosphereDizzy8Atmosphere Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    The thing that would just blow my mind as a fan would be to have the different versions of the songs available (songs that are different from single to album, alternate versions from the Anthology series, perhaps tracks from Let it Be. . . Naked). If they ended up with more music in the game than just the original studio albums and singles, that would be epic.

I think we can all agree on that.
  • LlamaactionLlamaaction Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    whofan;2750981 said:

Week 2: The Beatles Pack 01: Rain/Free As A Bird/Real Love
    Rain is on disc. It will be. They couldn't not include such a great bassline.
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited July 2009
    Llamaaction;2751090 said:
    Rain is on disc. It will be. They couldn't not include such a great bassline.
    Until it's confirmed, I'm not expecting it.

I desperately want "Rain" on there, but we just don't know yet. There's still another 20 slots left, and hundreds of songs to choose from.