So Rock Band network lets makes some guesses

AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
edited August 2009 in The Rock Band Network
How long do you think it will take a song from masters to uploaded to XNA. That is my guess. I've heard some people can just chart expert guitar in less than an hour, but some say it can take several days. Lets say you worked from start to finish no breaks. How long would it take.

Comments

• snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    As a charter in Feedback, I can do Expert Guitar, Bass and Drums in about 1-2 hours. That isn't counting other difficulties, vox or events or that Feedback is super easy to use and the official program will be a learning curve for most. It'll take a long day of work, at least. Personally, I can't just sit and chart for 15 hours straight, I just lose the drive and have to take a break.
  • AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    snwns26;2754614 said:
    As a charter in Feedback, I can do Expert Guitar, Bass and Drums in about 1-2 hours. That isn't counting other difficulties, vox or events or that Feedback is super easy to use and the official program will be a learning curve for most. It'll take a long day of work, at least. Personally, I can't just sit and chart for 15 hours straight, I just lose the drive and have to take a break.
    I agree. I think that company HMX trained will do it in a certain way where certain people work on different aspects for the song.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited July 2009
    that's a good question, I think I'd have to see the software first though
  • Death50Death50 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Um... depends on the drive to work but it shouldn't take that long...
    edited July 2009
    I've heard each song takes one month of work-hours. From re-mixing to making 16 quality notecharts to testing.
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    I think someone from Rhythm Authors said they estimate it usually takes someone around 8 hours to chart one instrument and the whole process for a song (including the parts other than charting) takes around 50-60 man hours total. It varies a lot though. I imagine a complex 10 minute prog metal song takes a lot longer than a 3 minute rock song with really parts.

But still, I think anyone expecting to knock the charts out in 1-2 hours each is probably going to find it's a bit more difficult that they expected.