Rock Band Network and Midi

voodoo618voodoo618 Headliner
edited August 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I have written many songs of my own on a computer program and I would love to play these on Rock Band.

However, seeing as I do not have a band or any good recording devices, I wondered, "Maybe I can upload these midi files?".

Does anyone know if there are restrictions against Midi files? Do the files have to be in an MP3 format?

Comments

• FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited July 2009
    Very specific types of files needed to make tracks for RBN.

Plus you wouldn't make it through approval with Midi.
  • voodoo618voodoo618 Headliner
    edited July 2009
    Flawless;2754443 said:
    Very specific types of files needed to make tracks for RBN.

Plus you wouldn't make it through approval with Midi.
    What if I had my midi file converted into MP3 format?

Would it still not make it through approval with it's low-quality sound?
  • MichuraMichura Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    I think you should probably just drop it. Given your question and response, it seems that it would require someone alot of explaining to illustrate why this just isn't gonna happen for you. Flawless just gave you the quick answer for your sake and his.
  • AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    the files you need should be .wav and I only suggest midi if you put it though a program to make it sound more real ie Session, Garageband, etc.
  • dragonflyrdragonflyr Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    midi files are nothing but events / triggers. there is NO audio in a midi file. RBN needs various audio files AND midi files (containing the charts).

midi files that were used in sequencing a song are worthless to RBN. (they might help your charting process tho)
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Yes, you could do it. As AKALink mentioned, run your midi files through a sound composition program such as Garage Band or Pro Tools and have it spit out the sound files in wav format. These wav files could then be used to create a Rock Band track. Just make sure you separate each virtual instrument into its own wav file.

From what I have gotten, you'll actually be in even better shape when the charting time rolls around, as you already have midi output that matches your sound file.