The Official "Tribute by Tenacious D" Request Thread !!

SeKretSeKret Unsigned
edited October 2009 in Your Ultimate Setlist
[CENTER]
UPDATE: A big THANK YOU to the DLC developers for making this dream come true. MUCH APPRECIATED!! <3 <3 <3</font>
Tribute
by
Tenacious D

Music Video

Tenacious D is a very enthusiastic and powerful band.
The band members officially consist of the famous actor, Jack Black, and his well-known friend, Kyle Gass.
The band first formed in 1994, and performed on stages as an acoustic duo.

They've gained a lot of popularity after the release of their first album, "Tenacious D", which features their first hit single, "Tribute" .
The song easily achieved the Top 10 in any chart, and from there on forth, millions of fans have been inspired by their creations for years to come.

Rock Band has featured only two songs by Tenacious D so far: Master Exploder, Rock your Socks Off, and recently added, The Metal.

The task of creating a DLC pack for Tenacious D entirely will indeed be a tough one, but if there's ANYTHING more that this community can do for Tenacious D, is to bring the legendary, the original, and the biggest hit single that they have, "Tribute", to Rock Band.
With only two easily removable swear words in this song (compared to the other songs, which is usually in the dozens,) there should not be that big of an issue for using this song.
The story being told in this song is appropriate as well, and there is not much that is inappropriate for this song.

It will be hard by myself to make this happen, so I'm going to need all of the support that I can get to make this happen!!
Copy and Paste this Thread to your friends and those who will be on our side!!
We need all the support that we can get!!
And thank you to all that can support this song to be an addition to Rock Band's large DLC library!!

And another big thank you to those who voted for Tribute in The Community's Rock Band 3! we won! GJ!!

Want to show some more support for Tribute?
Take a look at some partnering threads below!

If you would like to go even further in our support, submit a request to add this song to Rock Band, and include why you would like to have this song added to their library in your own opinion. (Why it rocks)

For more support, make sure you vote for Tribute in the Tenacious D thread! Tribute is currently in the lead! Lets keep it up there too!

-JJ <3</font>[/CENTER]

Comments

• flipkillahflipkillah Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    hey JJ, its me xD, you planning to get The Beatles: Rock Band?
  • SeKretSeKret Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    Probably. It looks like it's going to be a great game. There's a lot people who love the Beatles, and would love to play through their times as a band. I think it was a good addition for rock band.

And the trio singing looks like it's going to be really challenging :O
  • SanosukuSanosuku Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    Beelzaboss needs to be on Rockband... after Tribute, its the best song by the D.

At least in my opinion
  • SeKretSeKret Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    Sanosuku;2755502 said:
    Beelzaboss needs to be on Rockband... after Tribute, its the best song by the D.

At least in my opinion
    Beelzeboss is definitely going to be a hard song to get. Not to mention the constant swearing, offensive comments and curses that are made throughout nearly the entire song. The song is amazing nonetheless, but I don't think it's something that they would look forward to having millions of kids singing. But then again, that also plays in the big request for taking advantage of the mature content DLC option for Xbox Marketplace, so that the only people who will be playing the explicit parts of the game are over 18. With that request granted, our DLC can be limitless.
  • SeKretSeKret Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    Sanosuku;2755502 said:

At least in my opinion
    But more importantly, lets keep this Thread on topic: Tribute. There is another Tenacious D thread that was already created. This thread is specifically for the persuasion of the song "Tribute" .
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited July 2009
    You forgot to put the Request A Song page in the OP~

http://www.rockband.com/request

I'll request it now~ we definitely need this song in the game~ it's not the greatest song in the world... but it is a tribute ;):D
  • SeKretSeKret Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    jayou521;2760381 said:
    You forgot to put the Request A Song page in the OP~

http://www.rockband.com/request

I'll request it now~ we definitely need this song in the game~ it's not the greatest song in the world... but it is a tribute ;):D

Ah. Thank you for the notification of the request page!
    *added to the thread*

Thank you for your support!!
  • SeKretSeKret Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    I just found out that there's another thread in a rockband fan forum that's gathering people for this song, and they have already hit over 1000 supporters!

I'll try to get a word to the request starter, and hopefully he/she will tell everyone about this one!! :)
  • SeKretSeKret Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    SeKret;2766551 said:
    I just found out that there's another thread in a rockband fan forum that's gathering people for this song, and they have already hit over 1000 supporters!

I'll try to get a word to the request starter, and hopefully he/she will tell everyone about this one!! :)
    This thread is now linked to theirs.
    edited July 2009
    You could probably also say something about this favorite Tenacious D song voting thread~

~which Tribute absolutely dominated~

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125926
  • SeKretSeKret Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    jayou521;2778657 said:
    You could probably also say something about this favorite Tenacious D song voting thread~

~which Tribute absolutely dominated~

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125926
    Ah! Thanks for the heads up! I'll be sure to add this to the head.

Be on the lookout for Tribute-supporting threads. They will make a good addition to the Tribute Support Threads List.
    edited July 2009
    SeKret;2755185 said:
    For more support, make sure you vote for Tribute in The Community's Rock Band 3! Tribute currently leads! Lets keep it up!
    That's not what we want because voting in that thread ended a LONG time ago. Tribute already won.

We don't want people bumping that thread.

You should say something about how many people voted for Tribute as the best Tenacious D song in the first Community's Rock Band 3
  • neckermanncjneckermanncj Washed Up
    edited July 2009
    why did you have to center your font? ugh!

also i would not want this song in rb
    edited July 2009
    neckermanncj;2782275 said:

Why do you care how the OP looks if you don't want the song? :p
  • lord of da sithlord of da sith Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    2 words THE METAL!!!!!!
  • SeKretSeKret Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    That's not what we want because voting in that thread ended a LONG time ago. Tribute already won.

We don't want people bumping that thread.

You should say something about how many people voted for Tribute as the best Tenacious D song in the first Community's Rock Band 3
    Ah, I see. I'll just point it out for others then.

Okay, that's fine. Everybody has their own opinions. You don't have to explain why.

But what does it matter to you if the text is centered or not? I don't know if you only prefer left-alignment, but something as pointless as text alignment is not meant for you to PMS on.
    2 words THE METAL!!!!!!
    I would like to have The Metal as well, but I would personally prefer Tribute.
    Also, this thread is based on Tribute only. If you would like to go to The Metal, then you can go to the Tenacious D voting thread and vote for it.
  • SeKretSeKret Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    I just labelled the Community's RB DLC: Week 3 - Part 1 to the top of the OP. This is our chance at having Tribute-- and Tenacious D in general, to Rock Band's DLC!! We need to act fast though; the voting closes in 24 hours.
  • RoymearsRoymears Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    tribute is an amazing song and i am shocked it isn't on the DLC.

i know this is a tribute thread but i definitely think that the D song THE METAL deserves a mention, it hasn't got swearing etc and i know its ok for games cos guitar hero 3 had it. never bought the game cos rockband is a hundred times better but tried demo
  • SeKretSeKret Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    Roymears;2790667 said:
    tribute is an amazing song and i am shocked it isn't on the DLC.

i know this is a tribute thread but i definitely think that the D song THE METAL deserves a mention, it hasn't got swearing etc and i know its ok for games cos guitar hero 3 had it. never bought the game cos rockband is a hundred times better but tried demo
    Yeah, The Metal deserves a mention-- in the Tenacious D thread. This thread does root for Tenacious D in general, but it's purpose is for "Tribute". In other words, keep on topic.
  • SeKretSeKret Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    UPDATE: A big THANK YOU to the DLC developers for bringing us "The Metal". GREATLY APPRECIATED!! But the battle isn't over yet; we still gotta get Tribute up there.
  • ReverseReverse Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    SeKret;3150109 said:
    UPDATE: A big THANK YOU to the DLC developers for bringing us "The Metal". GREATLY APPRECIATED!! But the battle isn't over yet; we still gotta get Tribute up there.
    Hate to be "that guy", but Tribute is already DLC.
  • a_bull_on_paradea_bull_on_parade Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    It's in RB allready! Along with Rock Your Socks! Pay attention Jeesh

Edit: Ninja'd
  • SeKretSeKret Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    Reverse;3150111 said:
    Hate to be "that guy", but Tribute is already DLC.
    Yeah, I just noticed. My internet's been down for a month and I just went through the new DLC.

So that's it. The battle's over.

:]
  • a_bull_on_paradea_bull_on_parade Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    As a side note Bat Country is also in RB as well
  • SeKretSeKret Unsigned
    edited October 2009
    a_bull_on_parade;3150121 said:
    As a side note Bat Country is also in RB as well
    Yeah, I literally jumped out of my chair 20 minutes ago from that.

I got a lot of points to buy when my paycheck comes this weekend. haha.