"additional special content"

HarrisonFanHarrisonFan Opening Act
edited July 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
So I reserved The Limited Edition version of The Beatles Rock Band. Every time I look at the info on it i see it says "additional special content". Does anybody have an idea of what its going to be? My best guess is dlc.

Comments

• mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    No clue. I wonder myself as well. Often lol.

If I had to venture a guess I'd say things like stickers, stuff like that. But it would be fantastic if every limited edition included 5 free DLC songs. Not gonna count on that at all though, better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed.
  • Tego1inTego1in Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    It says an in-game photo book on Gamestop.
  • zephusdragonzephusdragon Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    I think it's kinda interesting that the instruments in the bundle are the ones the surviving Beatles played. Maybe they come with printed signatures? I don't figure they'd spend the time to sign 'em all but use the signature and inlay it on the Bass/Sticks. Oh well, I can dream no?
  • ScopitoneScopitone Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Drugs

REAL drugs in the box.
  • CaptendoCaptendo Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Scopitone;2757568 said:
    Drugs

REAL drugs in the box.
    Some ganja to play Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds would help me and my friends to get high. Yeah I know, three dumb quotes from the Beatles' universe.
  • Moony_LupinMoony_Lupin Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    I am wondering what's so special about the Special Edition bundle. I'm guessing there's more to it that we don't know about. How about a 50% off coupon for one of the other controllers or maybe the remasters?!?!
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Well they always called the other Rock Band 1/2 bundles Special Editions and there really wasn't anything special to them other than just buying everything all in one box.

But with this one, my hope is that they never sell the Hofner/Drums separately to truly make it some sort of "limited" edition when it comes to those instruments. If the demand is high enough, obviously they'll do it, but I would like to see something Special about it.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited July 2009
    Scopitone;2757568 said:
    Drugs

REAL drugs in the box.
    Well Rock Band is electronic crack.
  • ZechmanZechman Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    Tego1in;2755992 said:
    If it's in-game, then it can't really be exclusive to the SE bundle, now can it? The "just the game" package will have it too.

--Dwayne
  • JmaxJmax Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Tego1in;2755992 said:
    Yeah but that's said in a separate pre-order box from the additional special content. So I think there's something a bit more to it.

I am with everyone else in the thread hoping there is something "special" to this special edition moreso than having everything in one box. I think the remasters is a bit of wishful thinking but I think there are things they haven't told us at this point. I mean they haven't even announced the full tracklist about a month and a half before the game, they probably haven't even finalized any extras in the bundle at this point.
  • GoosetacoGoosetaco Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    I think they say "limited edition" to get more people to buy it. Limited Edition or not I would have gotten this game even if they were just planning to sell the disc alone.
  • Ramirez16Ramirez16 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Yeah but unlike RB and RB2 bundles it is listed as such.

• DaytrippedDaytripped Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    Paul McCartney himself.
  • Joe1310Joe1310 Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Daytripped;2759934 said:
    Paul McCartney himself.
    but Paul is dead. that was a joke! i dont believe that bull****. but maybe it's a booklet like what came with the guitar hero aerosmith bundle. or its definately drugs.
  • AndywinXpAndywinXp Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Why not a free DLC song?
  • miche.csmiche.cs Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Daytripped;2759934 said:
    Paul McCartney himself.
    I think I'd be really scared if I opened up the box and there was Sir Macca.

Maybe a t-shirt that'll never fit anyone that's not obese or a giant? I hate it when they do that man. It's a tad useless to give me a free shirt that's an XXL.
  • harveyglobetrotharveyglobetrot Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    miche.cs;2761666 said:

Maybe a t-shirt that'll never fit anyone that's not obese or a giant? I hate it when they do that man. It's a tad useless to give me a free shirt that's an XXL.
    This is what I suspect it will be as well. Promo t-shirts always remind me of that joke from The Simpsons: "We have both sizes: extra small and extra large...! I've just been informed we are out of extra large."

It might be an art book or something of that nature, or maybe a voucher for some DLC, but I'm not expecting anything mind-blowingly awesome.
  • miche.csmiche.cs Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    harveyglobetrot;2761678 said:
    This is what I suspect it will be as well. Promo t-shirts always remind me of that joke from The Simpsons: "We have both sizes: extra small and extra large...! I've just been informed we are out of extra large."

It might be an art book or something of that nature, or maybe a voucher for some DLC, but I'm not expecting anything mind-blowingly awesome.
    Lol totally. My mrs can relate anything that happens in life back to a Simpsons quote. It's a bit scary sometimes!

Yeah, man, anything extra is a bonus but if you get your hopes up, you can't help but be disappointed by whatever it is. For all we know the special additional content refers to the pattern on the bass drum pedal!
  • hkevinhkevin Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Wigs and Sgt Pepper jackets ? :D
  • harveyglobetrotharveyglobetrot Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    miche.cs;2761683 said:
    Lol totally. My mrs can relate anything that happens in life back to a Simpsons quote. It's a bit scary sometimes!

Yeah, man, anything extra is a bonus but if you get your hopes up, you can't help but be disappointed by whatever it is. For all we know the special additional content refers to the pattern on the bass drum pedal!
    Exactly. I was really hoping for some night-vision goggles, but when the Limited Edition of Modern Warfare 2 came out with those, I decided I'd be happy with just a few Beatles-related nick-nacks.
  • ThePenguinThePenguin Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Haha, it would be so awesome if we got Sgt Pepper costumes and fake mustaches. :D
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited July 2009
    Tego1in;2755992 said:
    That is a special from GameStop only. You get the game through them and you get a code to put in the game for a special photo album.

That is not the "special contect" that is connected with the game itself.
  • HarrisonFanHarrisonFan Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    well i am really hoping for it to be dlc