I have a template for RBN!!

Ferocious QFerocious Q Headliner
edited August 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Dear ______,

I’m a fan of both _________ and the popular music video game series Rock Band. Rock Band’s developer Harmonix has recently announced a new medium of which bands and labels can chart and sell their songs as downloadable Rock Band game tracks through the Rock Band Network.
For more information on the Rock Band Network, please visit the following sites:

1. http://creators.rockband.com/
2. http://tinyurl.com/mtv-to-launch
3. http://tinyurl.com/press-release-rbn

I really hope that ________ can benefit from this new opportunity. The band can use Rock Band as a way to reach out to their fans as well as gain interest through creating playable tracks players can participate in and enjoy.

I am not associated with Harmonix, MTV, Rock Band, or Viacom. I am honestly just a fan of _______ and I love their song "_______". I am also a frequent player of Rock Band. I just wanted to share the information regarding Rock Band Network in hopes _______ might have some interest in using it to promote their work. I would love to see one of my favorite bands reach thousands of eager Rock Band players.

Thank you tremendously,

-(insert name here)

What do you guys think about it?:)

***EDIT*** If contacting a band, please be sure to check out this post for suggested etiquette and helpful guidelines for contacting bands. The following is a helpful template that you can use to point bands toward the RBN Creators Club.

“Hey [Band / Label Name Here], have you heard of the Rock Band Network yet? It’s an initiative that gives bands and labels the ability to bring their own music to the video game Rock Band. I’m a huge fan of Rock Band and I’d love to see some of your songs in the game. You can head over to http://creators.rockband.com/ for more info. I hope to see you in Rock Band soon!”

If you have any questions or comments don't hesitate to PM one of the HMX devs or mods on the forums. Rock on! - HMXHenry ***EDIT***

Comments

• edited July 2009
    I think this is a good start. Either HMXsean or I will post and sticky something similar shortly.

I did snip one line out of your OP just to avoid any confusion, as we at HMX have not specifically asked anyone to go out and contact bands. If you'd like to see them in the game that is awesome, but I just wanted to make it clear that fans aren't reaching out at the specific request of HMX.

Other than that it is polite, informative and professional. If I was in a band I would be happy to receive this email.
  • Ferocious QFerocious Q Headliner
    edited July 2009
    HMXHenry;2763418 said:
    I think this is a good start. Either HMXsean or I will post and sticky something similar shortly.

I did snip one line out of your OP just to avoid any confusion, as we at HMX have not specifically asked anyone to go out and contact bands. If you'd like to see them in the game that is awesome, but I just wanted to make it clear that fans aren't reaching out at the specific request of HMX.

Other than that it is polite, informative and professional. If I was in a band I would be happy to receive this email.
    Thank you very much Henry! :D

EDIT: Thanks for omitting the inaccuracies :)
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited July 2009
    Cool. I will use this. :D
    edited July 2009
    Coldplayer;2763489 said:
    Cool. I will use this. :D
  • Teh_JakesterTeh_Jakester Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Ferocious Q;2763370 said:
    I love their song "_______".
    I'd change that to "I love their music". Much better-sounding.
  • KnucklesdudeKnucklesdude Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    I'm very happy to see this. It's the fans above all that make Rock Band Network so worthwhile.

But I would recommend changing
    I just want to see one of my favorite bands in one of my favorite music games.
    to
    I would love to see one of my favorite bands reach thousands of eager Rock Band players.
    or something of the sort. :)
  • dragonanthony86dragonanthony86 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    nice--

i've only contacted one band so far (a local band), but i might use this template to reach some bigger artists
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited July 2009
    It's very well written.

However, I'd advise doing a little customization for each band/label, especially by making a first paragraph that lets them know what their music means to *you*. If you own some/all of their albums, tell 'em; if you saw them in concert sometime and luh-huvved it, tell 'em about it; if you lost your cherry to one of their songs, let 'em know.

And *please* acknowledge to any band that already has content in the game that you've already got their tracks and appreciate it and enjoy playing it, but want to see more via RBN.....it sounds uninformed if you ask a band to join Rock Band when they already *have* songs on disc or as DLC.
    edited July 2009
    Thanks, any more requests?
  • XBrfootballXXBrfootballX Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    I'd recommend putting a link to Rhythm Authors, http://rhythmauthors.com.
  • beefigurskbeefigursk Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    I would use this for bands i am not really familiar with but I e-mailed a couple of bands from high school that are pretty good so mine was a lot more informal and more "if you don't take the time out to do this, I'll cry tonight in the shower"
    edited July 2009
    beefigursk;2764572 said:
    I'll cry tonight in the shower"
    Crying in public would be more pathetic :D
  • FrancoghiniFrancoghini Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    this is a great template thank you very much im currently trying to contact lauren harris