Will the Wii version of Rock Band 2 be getting RBN!?

Nivek15Nivek15 Unsigned
edited September 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I've looked all over the place, but I can't find an answer to my question.

Will the Wii be getting the same opprotunities as the Xbox360 to create original RB2 songs using RBN?

Comments

• Fender_178Fender_178 Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    No but we will be getting the songs though as part of DLC later in time. Same goes with the PS3.
  • edited July 2009
    It'll only be available on the Xbox at first but, quoth the Sean:
    hmxsean;2729976 said:
    We are working closely with the other consoles to get it work. We do hope that we can make this viable for all systems at some point.
  • aricron094aricron094 Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    On PS3 and Wii, only select/stand-out songs will be released. One of the main reasons why I'm seriously considering getting a 360.
  • ZmsZms Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Nivek15;2770669 said:
    I've looked all over the place, but I can't find an answer to my question.
    Including the stickies? ;)

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152458
  • Fender_178Fender_178 Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    Well if the RBN will be available on all consoles at some point that would be great. I wonder how they will get this to work with the Wii considering the wii doesnt support updates.
  • vcalzonevcalzone Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    aricron094;2770684 said:
    On PS3 and Wii, only select/stand-out songs will be released. One of the main reasons why I'm seriously considering getting a 360.
    Which is, in turn, why the other consoles would like to get this working.
  • alexparreirasalexparreiras Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    Fender_178;2770689 said:
    Well if the RBN will be available on all consoles at some point that would be great. I wonder how they will get this to work with the Wii considering the wii doesnt support updates.
    Well true.. I was really happy to know RBN would Be coming but only for the 360 in the begging?? So i think they should release like a downloadable free patch from PSN and WII store... Or a rockband 3 with RBN support Already!!! :rolleyes: :D
  • OrdealByFireOrdealByFire Banned
    edited August 2009
    w00t 360!

anyway, it's not all bad, you do get the good songs in future DLC.
  • Angel-JinAngel-Jin Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    aricron094;2770684 said:
    considering it, but not gonna abandon my library of DLC, scores, and trophies to start all over AND shell out for ANOTHER 360 i won't use.
  • Tono_FyrTono_Fyr Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    There are currently 2 things that the 360 has ezxclusively that I want.

BlazBlue and Rock Band Network.
  • RedBaron45RedBaron45 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Fender_178;2770689 said:
    Rock Band 3 hopefully...
  • AberyfAberyf Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    RBN wont be available for PS3 and Wii...Yet! but hopefully it comes soon :)
  • ArmsAreLoudArmsAreLoud Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Other than RB3, the most Wii owners can hope for is a seperate RBN channel that can play beta versions of songs, allowing Wii owners to do the charting and peer review, but that's pretty much it with Nintendo's current policies.
  • AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    I think we may get a rock band network channel though the Wii shop channel.
  • JoeylinkmasterJoeylinkmaster Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    I'll save money by not having all these songs to download on wii :)
  • ArmsAreLoudArmsAreLoud Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    ^Screw that, I want Anarchy Club.
  • Kenny-BandKenny-Band Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    It may if RB3 is eventually released.
  • Max2323232Max2323232 Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I might end up getting a second RB2 set so I can use RBN.
    edited September 2009
    AKALink;2833304 said:
    Yeah, and that would connect to the RBN server, from which we could download songs that would then be inserted into the "Rock Archvie" or whatever it was called. RB2 would read it as regular DLC. Problem solved....

.... well, except for the coding part. Design is about 1/5th of the battle, though.
  • ctkxtremectkxtreme Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Tono_Fyr;2824374 said:
    There are currently 2 things that the 360 has ezxclusively that I want.

BlazBlue and Rock Band Network.
    Actually, Blazblue is on PS3 also.
    edited September 2009
    ctkxtreme;3022332 said:
    Actually, Blazblue is on PS3 also.
    Make it one thing then. : P
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    AKALink;2833304 said:
    Channel for playing, I certainly hope so, so we can at least have the cream-of-the-crop RBN songs available.

And it wouldn't be a "patch" per se, even though it could be integrated into any RB2 game save. :cool: I may have to change my pants if HMX already has this plan up its sleeve.
    edited September 2009
    DavyinaToga;3024205 said:
    Channel for playing, I certainly hope so, so we can at least have the cream-of-the-crop RBN songs available.

And it wouldn't be a "patch" per se, even though it could be integrated into any RB2 game save. :cool: I may have to change my pants if HMX already has this plan up its sleeve.
    As I said, I believe it will be more like a connection to an off-Wii site that would allow for downloads that immediately tied in to the Archive structure, as well as update the save file. Rock Band 2 would simply read these new songs as more DLC.
  • LustacheLustache Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    The wii doesn't allow patches because nintendo is scared of technology. So you'll have to wait for rockband 3 at best. But... you could get some of the RBN songs as dlc. Kind of sad but not harmonix's fault.