Will RBN ever go to Australia?

johnnyboybladejohnnyboyblade Opening Act
edited August 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Are there any plans or is there any real chance that the RBN will be available in Australia in the future to purchase the songs from. There doesnt seem to be any problem matching the DLC of other countries but there seems to be no announced intention to deliver it to Australia. Are there any other Australians on here that would like to see it become available in the future, or is there anyone who thinks it is likely or unlikely and if so or not so why?

Comments

• sampansampan Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    i certainly hope so im in new zealand and id love to be able to download songs from it.so many songs ive come to love from downloading them as dlc.i want to assume it will at some point but with the way we get ignored down this way is impossible to no when.but i payed for rockband 2 same as anyone in any other countries where this is coming out so i think its fair to be able to access all the features.
  • jdbbcdjdbbcd Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    no
    wait, yes
    no wait seriously, I D F K?!?!?!
  • azzaman333azzaman333 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    I got the impression in some thread that it would be coming to Australia.

Not that I'll be able to use it until HMX/EA/MTV/whoever get their act together and release RB2 in Australia.
  • RetroMonsterRetroMonster Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Its brand new. Give e'm some credit.
    Not everything can be their when you snap your fingers.
    edited July 2009
    RetroMonster;2780530 said:
    Its brand new. Give e'm some credit.
    Not everything can be their when you snap your fingers.
    So, where's RB2?
    edited July 2009
    azzaman333;2780532 said:
    So, where's RB2?
    I beilieve everywhere in the USA.
    Could be wrong. Im wrong on a lot of things.
  • DavidRSDavidRS Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    I'd like it to come to Oz, but at first, I'm probably going to be buying songs off there using a foreign account.
    edited July 2009
    RetroMonster;2780539 said:
    It's not in Australia, nor is there a release date for it.
    edited July 2009
    RetroMonster;2780539 said:
    Which is a fat lot of good when the disc is region-locked to play only on NTSC consoles (in this case, on X360), or the DLC collection doesn't work (PS3).

You want RB2? Just import it from the UK - I have and it works fine.
    edited July 2009
    I don't have a credit card, how am I going to pay for it?
    edited July 2009
    azzaman333;2780555 said:
    I don't have a credit card, how am I going to pay for it?
    Get yo ass and come down to Calafornia, buy it with the USA DOLLAH
  • johnnyboybladejohnnyboyblade Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    @ azzaman333:

You could try paying someone you know the money who does have a credit card? It is truly a great game but it truly is an awful feeling knowing that all the gamers down here in Oz are 98% GH'ers rather than RB'ers and think RB copied "Guitar Hero" -_-

I just think that since we have all the DLC matched up with the U.S and it shouldn't be any more complex (I would have thought it would be less complex) to get the RBN to Australia than all of Europe that we would get it eventually and they would at least announce an intention to one day deliver to Australia, the fact it didn't seem to even be acknowledged seems that it may not be happening....
  • White_PointerWhite_Pointer Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    The answer to this question is...

"No".

There you go. Easy. And it's going to remain "No" until (if?) we get RB2 here, or another RB game that supports RBN. Don't hold your breath waiting for a patch for RB1, they can't even be bothered to patch that to work with GHWT drums.
  • ThunderCurlsThunderCurls Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    White_Pointer;2794048 said:

Don't hold your breath waiting for a patch for RB1, they can't even be bothered to patch that to work with GHWT drums.
    It works with GHWT drums.
    edited July 2009
    ThunderCurls;2794634 said:
    It works with GHWT drums.
    Not on PS3 is doesn't. Sorry should have specified that.
    edited July 2009
    White_Pointer;2794048 said:
    The answer to this question is...

"No".

There you go. Easy. And it's going to remain "No" until (if?) we get RB2 here, or another RB game that supports RBN. Don't hold your breath waiting for a patch for RB1, they can't even be bothered to patch that to work with GHWT drums.
    Except it costs virtually nothing for Harmonix to hook us up with RBN compared to shipping the game and the hardware out here.
  • Robert MaynardRobert Maynard Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    If Europe gets it, we'll get it. Simple.
    All the Rock Band 1's sold in Australia are the European edition. The small print on DLC bought from the Australian PSN store claims that it's hosted in the UK (although you won't be able to buy the export key for RB1 unless you're on 360). Importing RB2 from the UK works like a charm.
    If you don't have a credit card or even a debit card, point your parents to cdwow.com.au and buy it from there, like $85, free shipping, it'll take a week. Pure joy.
    Then pay them back. You don't have a credit card OR any money? ...then you'll need to wait until you have a job or a birthday.
    edited July 2009
    azzaman333;2794953 said:
    Except it costs virtually nothing for Harmonix to hook us up with RBN compared to shipping the game and the hardware out here.
    Aside from the fact we actually need a game that supports RBN - which we don't.
    If Europe gets it, we'll get it. Simple.
    Europe's got RB2. We don't.
    Importing RB2 from the UK works like a charm.
    If you don't have a credit card or even a debit card, point your parents to cdwow.com.au and buy it from there, like $85, free shipping, it'll take a week. Pure joy.
    If you can somehow explain why the companies involved deserve my money when they treat us so poorly I might consider the option of importing. But as far as I'm concerned if they don't release the game here I can go without it.
  • ZmsZms Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    HMXHenry" said:
    RBN is open to anybody who wants to get involved. Anyone
    ...except non-US residents. I wan't to know if there's any plans at all to make it available outside of US (Europe, Austraila etc). XNA/Indie games is available here (Sweden), so why not XNA/RBN? I can't see any practical/legal differences.
  • AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    you will be able to download anywhere in the world, as long as you have rock band 2 (rock band 1 does not support RBN). Uploading is USA only.
  • edited August 2009
    AKALink;2816333 said:
    you will be able to download anywhere in the world, as long as you have rock band 2 (rock band 1 does not support RBN). Uploading is USA only.
    If you can download regular Rock Band DLC you will be able to download RBN music.
  • ZmsZms Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    Ok, wrong thread appearantly. I know we will be able to purchase RBN songs...
    edited August 2009
    "Purchase" and "use" are two completely different things.