September 9 will SUCK.

DaytrippedDaytripped Rising Star
edited September 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
September 9 will suck.

You know why?

Because I pre-ordered the Beatles Rock Band Bundle with George&John's guitars from Amazon.ca, and delivery date estimate? September 16th - 17th.

ONE FREAKIN' WEEK AFTER EVERYONE IS HAVING FUN.

F*** my life.

Comments

• MinimaulMinimaul Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    I only pre-order limited editions anymore. and even then sometimes I don't even bother. For TB:RB I'm just going to hit up Best Buy on my lunch break. Or if I get that paranoid about it selling out I'll buy it online, then just pick it up locally.
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited July 2009
    I know second day of school. I'm considering pre ordering because it's a full day. They just keep your copy aside for you for in store pre ordering right? I've never pre ordered a game before.
  • chrth_rbchrth_rb Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    General Lein979;2781915 said:
    I know second day of school. I'm considering pre ordering because it's a full day. They just keep your copy aside for you for in store pre ordering right? I've never pre ordered a game before.
    Gamestop holds it for 2 days, I believe, when you preorder. Other vendors may have different policies.
  • travmeatwadtravmeatwad Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    DookieMan;2781888 said:
    I'll still be able to get the game September 9th, but that just had to be my first day of school.
    Mine, too.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited July 2009
    Daytripped;2781323 said:
    September 9 will suck.

You know why?

Because I pre-ordered the Beatles Rock Band Bundle with George&John's guitars from Amazon.ca, and delivery date estimate? September 16th - 17th.

ONE FREAKIN' WEEK AFTER EVERYONE IS HAVING FUN.

F*** my life.
    That's about when I'm getting the game myself, from Amazon.com. But I'll be living in Hawaii. I am not sure of the local gaming scene there and how hard it is to find games that just came out. In my area now, there's tons of game and electronics stores. But Hawaii is a frickin' island. There's only so many places you can look before you're stuck.

I don't mind waiting. I can keep busy with normal Rock Band.
  • JmaxJmax Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    travmeatwad;2782067 said:
    Mine, too.
    Same, luckily it's a shorter day with no homework, so it's like suffer for a few hours, and then play TBRB for the next 8 hours, so I think we can all manage.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Jmax;2782203 said:
    Same, luckily it's a shorter day with no homework, so it's like suffer for a few hours, and then play TBRB for the next 8 hours, so I think we can all manage.
    My day is no shorter whatsoever. Plus, my bus schedule changed, so now instead of getting home at 2:40 I get home at 3:13. Damn economy. Maybe my school should stop spending money on new whiteboards and other stuff that doesn't matter and not cut the number of buses so I can go home and play the Beatles: Rock Band. :P
  • JmaxJmax Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    DookieMan;2782252 said:
    My day is no shorter whatsoever. Plus, my bus schedule changed, so now instead of getting home at 2:40 I get home at 3:13. Damn economy. Maybe my school should stop spending money on new whiteboards and other stuff that doesn't matter and not cut the number of buses so I can go home and play the Beatles: Rock Band. :P
    Ooo that sucks, my first day is only like 1 hour long because it is an orientation day, but to be fair, I have to wait until 3 for the bus, and I won't get home until about 4 so you will still have the game before me.

it's times like these that make me wish I had taken driver's ed last year.
    edited July 2009
    Jmax;2782203 said:
    Not in college. I have a class at, I believe, 9:00 that goes until 9:50. Then I'm off until 5:30, but I'll probably only have time to pick it up and play a few songs (if that, depends on how parking on campus is). Luckily that class ends at 6:45, so as soon as I'm out, I'm heading straight home and playing for the rest of the night.

My class the next day starts at 9:30, so I think I can manage not staying up too late.
  • CoolbutlameCoolbutlame Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    at least you don't have to make $50 before yours arrives... lameness. i do feel sorry for you though

not. ZANG!
  • chrth_rbchrth_rb Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Ok, has something changed in the past 13 years since I graduated college? Do semesters now end in September or something?

Who cares?!? So what if you miss the second class of pre-1800s english lit or don't have your full concentration for junior year HS chemistry. Spoiler: Milton's jokes aren't very funny and acid+base=salt+water. Quit whining and either resolve to drink extra coffee the next morning or just wait until the weekend. Sheesh!

;)
  • jay4428jay4428 Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    chrth_rb;2782423 said:
    Ok, has something changed in the past 13 years since I graduated college? Do semesters now end in September or something?

Who cares?!? So what if you miss the second class of pre-1800s english lit or don't have your full concentration for junior year HS chemistry. Spoiler: Milton's jokes aren't very funny and acid+base=salt+water. Quit whining and either resolve to drink extra coffee the next morning or just wait until the weekend. Sheesh!

;)
    LOL - Who actually goes to class? That must be a new development as well.
  • ScopitoneScopitone Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    You still have plenty of time to right this horrifying wrong.
  • dabrry0523dabrry0523 Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    sevenduffs;2781415 said:
    I've preordered games from amazon.ca in the past and the delivery date estimate is always wrong. They ship it the day before so you usually get it on release date. Or if not that, a day or 2 after. I'm in Toronto by the way.
    did you do free shipping. because i ordered it from amazon and it says it wont be here until the 21-25. i just wanted to see what speed you had it shipped as
    edited July 2009
    Jmax;2782203 said:
    yea you guys are all Luckier then me ill be in school for about 3 weeks when this comes out so ill have lots of homework and a full 8 hour day of school :(
  • fatalvendettafatalvendetta Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    I'll probably pick it up at midnight at Wal-mart or Gamestop.
  • sevenduffssevenduffs Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    dabrry0523;2783237 said:
    did you do free shipping. because i ordered it from amazon and it says it wont be here until the 21-25. i just wanted to see what speed you had it shipped as
    Yeah I use free shipping. I can only speak to Toronto though. I don't know about other parts of the country.
  • DavisrocksDavisrocks Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    When Sept. 9th rolls around will have already been in school for a month. I'm hoping i will stay busy enough to keep my mind off the game and before i know it, it will be time to pick it up!

oh and i'm also planning on doing a big Beatles project for my senior project this year!
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    I would have loved to have taken advantage of Amazon's deal that could have saved me $$ on TBRB and the bundle, but I just didn't want to chance not having it on release day. Sure, they usually try to get it there release day, but all this waiting, and a day off specifically requested for this are my main focus. No way would I take a chance on hoping an online order will get here on that day (even if it does, it wouldn't show up until the afternoon - wasting half a day of TBRB glory). I will gladly pay the extra $$ to ensure that I am playing this right away on 09/09/09.
  • Jordan10laJordan10la Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    DookieMan;2781888 said:
    I'll still be able to get the game September 9th, but that just had to be my first day of school.
    Oh god I never even thought of that! **** where can I find out when mine is...
    edited July 2009
    Jordan10la;2786329 said:
    Oh god I never even thought of that! **** where can I find out when mine is...
    does your school/District have a website

check their
    edited July 2009
    Rod_Stixx;2785233 said:
    I would have loved to have taken advantage of Amazon's deal that could have saved me $$ on TBRB and the bundle, but I just didn't want to chance not having it on release day. Sure, they usually try to get it there release day, but all this waiting, and a day off specifically requested for this are my main focus. No way would I take a chance on hoping an online order will get here on that day (even if it does, it wouldn't show up until the afternoon - wasting half a day of TBRB glory). I will gladly pay the extra $$ to ensure that I am playing this right away on 09/09/09.

what deal you save $14 and free shipping its not much but i guess it s a deal
  • colahead420colahead420 Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Is my best bet to preorder it then pick it up that day?
  • rocknrolxdxrocknrolxdx Banned
    edited July 2009
    DookieMan;2781888 said:
    Wow you guys start pretty late, I'll be a month in by then. But that might be worse because I'll actually have homework and stuff and with 3 college level courses I don't think I'll be getting too lucky lol.
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    dabrry0523;2787399 said:
    what deal you save $14 and free shipping its not much but i guess it s a deal
    There was the thing where you could buy another game, save 20% on another purchase...with the bundle, it would have saved $50 on that. That might have been enough for me to just get the bundle and sell off the parts I didn't need. Not quite enough with the risk of not getting the game on release day, however.
    edited July 2009
    Rod_Stixx;2788503 said:
    There was the thing where you could buy another game, save 20% on another purchase...with the bundle, it would have saved $50 on that. That might have been enough for me to just get the bundle and sell off the parts I didn't need. Not quite enough with the risk of not getting the game on release day, however.
    oh see i can wait ill be in school so ill have to wait until the weekend to even use it. so hopefully it will get to me between that Wednesday and Friday
    edited July 2009
    I'm actually thinking about picking it up at midnight, going home and playing for a little bit, then going to sleep for school the next morning.

Hopefully my Gamestop is doing a midnight release.
  • k4zukik4zuki Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    I'd probably be on 9-9-9 5 minutes before it's open, then rush in, buy the game, and go home and play like a maniac. No hassle, and hopefully no line.
  • nil8r808nil8r808 Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    jeccaneko;2782194 said:
    That's about when I'm getting the game myself, from Amazon.com. But I'll be living in Hawaii. I am not sure of the local gaming scene there and how hard it is to find games that just came out. In my area now, there's tons of game and electronics stores. But Hawaii is a frickin' island. There's only so many places you can look before you're stuck.

I don't mind waiting. I can keep busy with normal Rock Band.
    i live in hawaii... its not hard to find the new releases... bestbuy either store, toys and joys, and there are many other small shops that get hard to find and even japan stuff...

add me on your xbox360 friends list... nil8r808... i play everything except for singing/mic
  • JoeLUFC4evaJoeLUFC4eva Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    i may be getting an extra 3 weeks off of school beacuse of swine flu if not ill have to wait till i get home from shool on 9/9/09 it will be a very long day