150 bucks down, 100 to go

EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
edited July 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Plus tax.

Yea, im broke. My girl lost her job and we are barely scrapping by with her unemployment checks being less than what she use to make. But we will be playing this game when it comes out.

Ive been putting 20 bucks a week on this game at gamestop to insure I get my bundle. Im not smoking cigs and im not drinking (that much).

Its a small price to pay for a game like this. I really should be saving the money, buts this is the only thing im getting for myself this year.

Im sure im not the only one whos scrapping by, but is still getting this game.

Make me feel better about my selfishness please.

Comments

• DaytrippedDaytripped Rising Star
    edited July 2009
  • colahead420colahead420 Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    That much??

The Beatles come first bro, give the cigs and brews a break haha.
  • MecklerMeckler Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    its ok dude. its the beatles. if thats all your getting yourself this year then this is definitely worth it.
  • DoctorTran37DoctorTran37 Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    I have to get my top two wisdom teeth pulled. They are impacted. I'm not getting Anesthesia so I can get The Beatles: Rock Band. May my pain make you feel better. ;P

The only advantage I have is that now it's paid off in full. And when I went in to do the pre-order I got hired so.... double awesome.

I hope your girl finds work soon though, It's hard times. I haven't been able to find a job for close to a year until now. Best of luck man.
  • edited July 2009
    DoctorTran37;2786856 said:
    I have to get my top two wisdom teeth pulled. They are impacted. I'm not getting Anesthesia so I can get The Beatles: Rock Band.
    Let no one doubt the zeal and devotion of Beatles fans.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited July 2009
    Wow. I feel ALOT better after hearing that.

You are a trooper. I hope your surgory goes well. I had 2 impacted at the same time too. i had all 4 of them pulled plus 2 molars that the impacted ones destroyed.

Best day of my life. So much pain was taken away.
  • Moony_LupinMoony_Lupin Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    I have to get my top two wisdom teeth pulled. They are impacted. I'm not getting Anesthesia so I can get The Beatles: Rock Band. May my pain make you feel better. ;P

I just had my wisdom teeth out a few days ago. I would recommend getting the anesthesia. I thoroughly enjoyed sitting in the chair and then waking up (what seemed like seconds later) and having the whole thing over with. Yeah, you'll be out of it pretty much that whole day, but trust me, you won't be too eager to play the game after your surgery anyway. I was game worthy the next day and could sing again by the 3rd or 4th day. It really is important to take it easy the first couple of days. I'm not sure the Beatles are worth dry sockets.

I wish you the best with your decision and admire your dedication.
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Not to state the obvious but... you know you can get a 75% discount by getting the game alone instead of a bundle.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited July 2009
    elfreako;2786909 said:
    Not to state the obvious but... you know you can get a 75% discount by getting the game alone instead of a bundle.
    But I cant get new drums. My drum set is getting old. I play 2 hours a day on expert. I got it on 9-14 last year. Its getting haggered.

And my girlfriend really wants the hofner bass.

And I need a mic stand. I did weigh out all of my options. Thats why im just doing 20 bucks a week. I have it worked out so I only have to put down the tax on the 9th.

That way it doesnt feel like a huge hit.
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Makes sense then. I just hope for your sake that your girlfriend "really wanting the hofner bass" turns out better than my girlfriend "really wanting Wii Fit"...
    edited July 2009
    elfreako;2786977 said:
    Makes sense then. I just hope for your sake that your girlfriend "really wanting the hofner bass" turns out better than my girlfriend "really wanting Wii Fit"...
    I have the same problem. However, her desire for the Wii Fit is what allowed me to get a Wii in the first place, so I can't complain too much. Otherwise, I'd still be playing the Ocarina of Time on my 64 for the 300th time.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited July 2009
    She tried the wii fit for the first time on friday over at my buds house. She hated it.

She had more fun watching me do the hula hoop thing than she did playing it.

Now if they had wii knitting..........she would be all over it!
  • DoctorTran37DoctorTran37 Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Moony_Lupin;2786893 said:
    I just had my wisdom teeth out a few days ago. I would recommend getting the anesthesia. I thoroughly enjoyed sitting in the chair and then waking up (what seemed like seconds later) and having the whole thing over with. Yeah, you'll be out of it pretty much that whole day, but trust me, you won't be too eager to play the game after your surgery anyway. I was game worthy the next day and could sing again by the 3rd or 4th day. It really is important to take it easy the first couple of days. I'm not sure the Beatles are worth dry sockets.

I wish you the best with your decision and admire your dedication.
    Thank you for the concern. The surgery is going to be on the 18th of August so... I don't need to worry too much about not feeling like gaming. I understand that I should get anesthesia but it's 325 dollars. I'd rather suffer some and get some Beatles out of it.
    Ehfahq;2786888 said:
    Wow. I feel ALOT better after hearing that.

You are a trooper. I hope your surgory goes well. I had 2 impacted at the same time too. i had all 4 of them pulled plus 2 molars that the impacted ones destroyed.

Best day of my life. So much pain was taken away.
    Heh, I'm glad to know that my pain has made you feel better. But seriously, it's worth it.
    Apples;2786886 said:
    Let no one doubt the zeal and devotion of Beatles fans.
    Too damn true.
  • AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    I got about 30 buck paid for my game and gretch combined. I'm going to go in and pay off the Game disk either this week or next week. Then all I will have left is the $90 for the gretch. My Rock Band strat has not aged well.
  • k4zukik4zuki Unsigned
    edited July 2009
    I think I'm gettin` the SEB, just like you. I understand that it does cost a damn lot, but this game is definitely a must-buy.

Probably most Rock Band fans are used to it, if not those who adore the Beatles. I mean, who doesn't love them!?
    edited July 2009
    DoctorTran37;2789867 said:
    Thank you for the concern. The surgery is going to be on the 18th of August so... I don't need to worry too much about not feeling like gaming. I understand that I should get anesthesia but it's 325 dollars. I'd rather suffer some and get some Beatles out of it.
    Okay, I see where you're coming from now. I thought you were implying that you were having them out on 09/09, but it's a money thing. Yeah, my insurance didn't cover much of my surgery either, but the cost was worth it for me. Again, I admire your bravery and dedication. Sir Paul should sponsor your surgery.
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    I have to get my top two wisdom teeth pulled. They are impacted. I'm not getting Anesthesia so I can get The Beatles: Rock Band.
    You are a very brave man :eek:
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited July 2009
    Hey, if you're giving up cigarettes and some alcohol for the game, I don't think it's being that selfish at all! It's kinda heroic, actually. Most smokers I know wouldn't be able to stop smoking just to be able to afford a video game.
  • Minots59Minots59 Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Oh my god, this was the funniest thing I've read on these forums.