You know what's really awesome about RBN?

kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
edited August 2009 in The Rock Band Network
People will be very hard pressed to go a whole week without any DLC that's to their liking.

Don't like the DLC that's coming from HMX next week? Well hey, there's new songs posted today! and tomorrow! and the day after!

....and the day after!

...and the day after!

Comments

• princeofcupsprinceofcups Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    Only if you are on XBox. We PS3 and Wii players are not so blessed. I guess this is a bit whiny, but it is also simple fact.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited July 2009
    princeofcups;2801809 said:
    Only if you are on XBox. We PS3 and Wii players are not so blessed. I guess this is a bit whiny, but it is also simple fact.

:(

well at least the RBN will boost your weekly DLC!

you probably won't be seeing any weeks with just one band
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited July 2009
    With this crowed do you really think they won't complain?
  • princeofcupsprinceofcups Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    kingtonyx;2801819 said:

:(

well at least the RBN will boost your weekly DLC!

you probably won't be seeing any weeks with just one band
    Fingers crossed! :-)
  • Xero.TalentXero.Talent Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    lawdog1521;2801830 said:
    with this crowed do you really think they won't complain?
    lol qft
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited July 2009
    kingtonyx;2801792 said:
    People will be very hard pressed to go a whole week without any DLC that's to their liking.
    Except for those people who don't like or download music if it isn't "well-known". Thankfully I'm not one of those people. :) It does suck for the people that don't have an Xbox, though.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited July 2009
    trg007;2801851 said:
    Except for those people who don't like or download music if it isn't "well-known".
    Exactly. Way too many people subscribe to the idea of "Who? I've never heard of them. They must suck."
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited July 2009
    davidshek;2802509 said:
    Exactly. Way too many people subscribe to the idea of "Who? I've never heard of them. They must suck."
    The Irony Monster will strike, though, when those people who refuse to download a band from RBN because they've never heard of them wind up downloading them a year later after that same band has broke big.

Oh, Irony.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited July 2009
    davidshek;2802509 said:
    Well, when I was younger I used to be into indie music and I would search out indie bands to listen to... way before the internet made it much easier to do so... I have to say that I would find one out of ten bands worth listening to. Now with the poop storm getting ready to hit RBN I really don't think the odds will be that good.

It is going to be very hard to keep up with what is being released AND to weed through the brambles to get to the berries. I am very excited by the prospect but scared of the upcoming process.

I mean, HMX is not going to say, "that song is crap, you can't put it up" because music is personal, just because someone thinks its crap doesn't mean its not loved by others.

Presently I am getting about 55% of the DLC HMX is releasing, I am expecting to get about 5% of the RBN releases and dread going through the songs to find those sweet ripe berries to puck.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited August 2009
    hey I can see my thread again
    edited August 2009
    Sayburr;2802560 said:
    Presently I am getting about 55% of the DLC HMX is releasing, I am expecting to get about 5% of the RBN releases and dread going through the songs to find those sweet ripe berries to puck.
    That is exactly why RBN will have both the 30-second preview in the store and the free downloadable 1-minute (or 35%) demo for every song. :)
  • edited August 2009
    davidshek;2816028 said:
    That is exactly why RBN will have both the 30-second preview in the store and the free downloadable 1-minute (or 35%) demo for every song. :)
    Exactly! Try before you buy. Perfect for checking out new bands and new songs.
  • Grey_StreetGrey_Street Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    I totally agree that RBN will be amazing. I love finding new bands. I'm an 'eMusic Connoisseur', and love getting my monthly d/ls refreshed so I can go out and find new stuff. Pandora is great for finding new stuff too, now I'll just have one more tool! And it will have even less accessible bands than my other two avenues from what it sounds like.
  • recharge138recharge138 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    And there is going to be well-known artists on RBN too remember, those tired of waiting for HMX to ask them and own their own masters. How much of it will be that is unknown.
  • rocker820rocker820 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Keep in mind that RBN can only release 10 songs every day, so we wont be getting entire disographies in one day, but I'm not gonna complain about 70 songs a week.

RBN better show up on PS3 and Wii soon after, I'm kinda of annoyed at the predjudice toward PS3. First, all dlc is released 2 days later, then we had to wait an extra month for RB2, and now we wont get RBN. ugh
    edited August 2009
    rocker820;2817951 said:
    Keep in mind that RBN can only release 10 songs every day, so we wont be getting entire disographies in one day, but I'm not gonna complain about 70 songs a week.
    Where did the 10-a-day number come from? I don't recall seeing that announced anywhere.
    rocker820;2817951 said:
    RBN better show up on PS3 and Wii soon after, I'm kinda of annoyed at the predjudice toward PS3. First, all dlc is released 2 days later, then we had to wait an extra month for RB2, and now we wont get RBN. ugh
    None of which is Harmonix's fault. Go talk to Sony.
  • TheKitchenSinkTheKitchenSink Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    Well, the problem for me is not that "Who? Never head of them, they must suck" but of "Who? Never heard of them, not willing to spend the effort listening to every one and decide which I like."

Furthermore, if they're not well-known, they're not well-known, so
    A. Nobody else will know them, so nobody else will EVER play them at parties
    B. You can't become uber-familiar with a song unless it's nigh omnipresent, which is obviously not the case for these songs.

Even more, the vast majority of these bands are from genres I'm not a big fan of. Basically, if I haven't heard of them, I have very little incentive to buy from them, regardless of how much I like the song (though of course if I really like it, I still might get it).
  • Lizard_KingLizard_King Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    well i can only hope that that customers will peruse all the music that is available, as ive officially got a track with Rhythm Authors now : ) (Bright Midnight is my band)
  • OrdealByFireOrdealByFire Banned
    edited August 2009
    I don't expect to get many songs via the RBN, although I don't know for sure how many well-known artists are planning on using this, or talented underground bands.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited August 2009
    As much as I would love to buy as many songs as humanly possible, and then get albums of all the bands, I would be living in a dumpster before I could begin.
  • Grey_StreetGrey_Street Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    I think my biggest issue will be HD space. I'm still on my 20gig that came w/ my console back when I bought it. I'm also one of the few people I know w/ a launch system that still works!
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    I like the fact that some oddball stuff I like (like JoCo) will show up. I'll buy what I like.... I feel bad for those that feel the need to buy every DLC.
  • iruhlmaniruhlman Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    rocker820;2817951 said:

and you guys act like it's all HMX's fault, why are so many blind to Sony's follies this generation?

I suggest you start emailing people at Sony because it's on them my friend. but you cant change when PSN updates, sorry.

Pretty sure its been explained many times on this site why RB2 launched a month early on xbox.

I highly doubt you'll ever see RBN anywhere but Xbox honestly. XNA has been established for a long time and it works.
    sorry I'm just tired of everyone blaming HMX and other devs for PS3 mishaps and no one ever blames Sony for anything. I do hope this stuff comes out on the PS3 & Wii but I wouldn't count on it. If Home is any indication of what they would create for this, all I can say is good luck with that. Could Wiiware handle this?

anyways i kinda touched on this in other threads so ill let it die now, but thx for that info, I wasn't aware there was a 10 song a day limit for RBN.
  • AyarAyar Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    Well, the problem for me is not that "Who? Never head of them, they must suck" but of "Who? Never heard of them, not willing to spend the effort listening to every one and decide which I like."
    I would be very surprised if folks on this forum who DO have the stamina to search through RBN songs don't very quickly come up with a "best of" summary which the others of us can use to focus our attention.

What would be nice with RBN is a way to easily delete songs you've downloaded. It will be easier to make a bad choice with so much to choose from, and I'd hate for that bad choice to keep popping up in my randoms.
    edited August 2009
    Ayar;2885309 said:
    What would be nice with RBN is a way to easily delete songs you've downloaded. It will be easier to make a bad choice with so much to choose from, and I'd hate for that bad choice to keep popping up in my randoms.
    It is already quite easy to delete individual songs you've downloaded on the Xbox 360, which is where RBN is going to be (at least at first). :)