So I've been studying Pink Floyd's music

AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
edited August 2009 in History of Rock
Today I went to guitar center to look at guitars and came home with two music books to study. I bought a Bob Dylan Anthology Book and a Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon book. After spending about a half an hour playing and analyzing some of the Pink Floyd songs I was blown away by the depth of the music from that album, especially the songs ability to constantly use Major 7th chords and still have it flow and make it work.

Comments

• willdabeast21willdabeast21 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    AKALink;2808591 said:
    Today I went to guitar center to look at guitars and came home with two music books to study. I bought a Bob Dylan Anthology Book and a Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon book. After spending about a half an hour playing and analyzing some of the Pink Floyd songs I was blown away by the depth of the music from that album, especially the songs ability to constantly use Major 7th chords and still have it flow and make it work.
    Pink Floyd is amazing, musically, lyrically, philosophically, everything.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited August 2009
    AKALink;2808591 said:
    Um, about 75% of jazz compositions say hi.
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited August 2009
    i generally come to a loss for words when i try to describe how good Pink Floyd is to me.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited August 2009
    Pink Floyd consists of very intelligent musicians, their song structures are truly amazing.
  • MrFruitLordMrFruitLord Headliner
    edited August 2009
    Oscar-Rio;2816571 said:
    i generally come to a loss for words when i try to describe how good Pink Floyd is to me.
    This. I love them.