Next Band After The Beatles?

Wrathchild998Wrathchild998 Rising Star
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Everyone knows Rock Band tries to get heavy hitters when it comes to games. Now that they got The Beatles what would be the next band Rock Band tries to obtain for their own game?...if they even make another band only type game.

(P.S. I don't even want them to make a new one right after the release of TB:RB, I was just wondering about 1 or 2 maybe even 3 years down the line what band do you expect to see.)

Comments

• Beatles123Beatles123 Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    CREAM! QUEEN! THE WHO.

Need i say more?
  • Robert MaynardRobert Maynard Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    I don't think they should do any besides this. The Beatles are basically the only band who could legitimately demand their own game. I don't think Metallica or Aerosmith (or Van Halen) deserve their own games either, but that's Activisions model.
    Personally I don't want to see Rock Band go in that direction - I want them to stay true to the "platform" model.
  • neger-kattenneger-katten Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    The Doors. The game where the keyboard/Organ replaces the Bass.
  • Wave57Wave57 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
  • l-o-tl-o-t Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    David Bowie! Seriously. One of the biggest Rock Stars of our Time and nobody on these boards ever really mentions him! I think he's deserving of at least a 12 track pack or something.
  • Joe1310Joe1310 Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    LED ZEPPELIN! otherwise i would have to say floyd
  • invadermbinvadermb Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    Alice Cooper.

That is all.
  • hardb0dyhardb0dy Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    Led Zepplin or Jimi Hendrix
  • Backbeat60-62Backbeat60-62 Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    I would have to say it has to be another band like The Beatles, that has a distinct beginning and end. Led Zeppelin would be one, and Pink Floyd also is pretty much over, I think. I can't think of many other bands that big that just ended.

Instead of a game with just one band, how about a game based on psychedelic '60s. There are so many one-hit wonder bands from the '60s that you see on collections that if put together would make great music in a game. (Check out collections like the "Nuggets" series). Rock Band: Nuggets of the psychedelic '60s.
  • hakko504hakko504 Rising Star
    edited August 2009
  • SkittlesSkittles Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Led Zeppelin... to bad Jimmy Page is so narrow minded
  • greyguysgreyguys Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    Pink Floyd
    Led Zeppelin
    The Rolling Stones
  • FizzywixFizzywix Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    I think the next would be a change of pace with a more recent band.

Maybe Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, or U2. Could have things like their music video shoots included, CD releases, etc.

Whatever it is if Harmonix decides to make one, I hope they add a new mechanic to each game (such as harmonies, or maybe an extra peripheral with certain bands) or have each with their individual style (such as dreamscapes/art direction). That's what makes the Beatles stand out from just being a huge track pack.
    edited August 2009
    Fizzywix;2810328 said:
    I think the next would be a change of pace with a more recent band.

Maybe Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, or U2. Could have things like their music video shoots included, CD releases, etc.

Whatever it is if Harmonix decides to make one, I hope they add a new mechanic to each game (such as harmonies, or maybe an extra peripheral with certain bands) or have each with their individual style (such as dreamscapes/art direction). That's what makes the Beatles stand out from just being a huge track pack.
    as much as I like those bands, I dont think they deserve a game of their own
    edited August 2009
    how about a harmonix band game (most likely not though)

the game has songs by all harmonix bands like Anarchy Club, Bang Camaro, Crooked X, Vagiant
  • KortyKorty Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    The Beatles are the most popul
    edited August 2009
    greyguys;2810358 said:
    how about a harmonix band game (most likely not though)

the game has songs by all harmonix bands like Anarchy Club, Bang Camaro, Crooked X, Vagiant
    wat
  • ZombaZomba Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin (Jimmy Page hates music games though), U2, and Pink Floyd.
    edited August 2009
    Skittles;2810376 said:
    wat
    I don't know if it would be such a great idea now
  • jrcronlakersjrcronlakers Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    I hope it doesn't come down to this. Every time a new game comes out with new features it makes it more difficult to export all my DLC and keep it all under one roof. A huge track pack with patches in order to add lets say clothes and arenas when you DL it would be good. If it must be done I think the only two remaining bands that would draw big numbers are Zepp and Floyd.
  • neger-kattenneger-katten Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    Backbeat60-62;2810238 said:
    Instead of a game with just one band, how about a game based on psychedelic '60s. There are so many one-hit wonder bands from the '60s that you see on collections that if put together would make great music in a game. (Check out collections like the "Nuggets" series). Rock Band: Nuggets of the psychedelic '60s.
    I think this is a great idea... like GH made the "80's"... i think Rock Band should make a game based on the 60's... thats where the greatest music was made..
    This would suit me perfectly since im a great Doors fan XD.. and psychedelic rock music is kinda what they mastered.
    That way you can also have all ur stupid Pink Floyd that ur so fond of :/
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Pink Floyd and Elvis

if more, i'd love to see, Rolling stones, The Who, Rush, Led Zep, U2, Genesis, Queen, The Doors, David Bowie, Dire Strait, Eric Clapton(solo and cream) and Peter Gabriel.
  • TheRollingBonesTheRollingBones Headliner
    edited August 2009
    My 5:

Led Zeppelin
    The Rolling Stones
    Pink Floyd
    The Who
    Eric Clapton (Including Cream, The Yardbirds, Derek And The Dominoes, and solo stuff)
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited August 2009
    Not only do I think that no other band would be worth having their own game (at least not their own $60 game), I don't think Harmonix would do something of this scale again. I think they'd just as soon make RB3 that more expandable, and allow for interesting band-specific content to be included into the main platform in a meaningful way.
  • dmorris395dmorris395 Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    I've just read on Billboard where the new Pearl Jam album will be DLC leading to the assumption that maybe there will be a Pearl Jam game next year.
  • ScopitoneScopitone Opening Act
    edited August 2009
  • vcalzonevcalzone Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    Would be hard to do another game like this one. The Beatles had a story, history and iconography almost as big as their music. Aside from Bowie, I can't think of anyone else who has that history.
  • i_c_weineri_c_weiner Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    There is certain criteria that has to be met for a band to be worthy of a full game, which are history, change, breadth, and legacy. Those are:
    Led Zeppelin
    Pink Floyd
    David Bowie
    Queen
    The Who
    The Rolling Stones

I can't see them doing a Who game (despite how awesome that would be) as their work has already been extensively used in Rock Band games and DLC. No offense to Stones fans, but I just can't see them getting their own game. The problem with Bowie is that there aren't as many big hits for him after the 80's. That leaves Zeppelin, Floyd, and Queen, all of which have large and vocal enough fan bases to warrant and support games. I really seem them as the only bands that could feasibly get their own game on the scale of The Beatles: Rock Band.
  • AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    zepplinmike;2809733 said:
    I think Pink Floyd would lend itself best to a game specifically for them. They already have a lot of imagery to work with for dreamscape-type things. Also, it'd be a great way to get the songs as intended cuz they could include several full albums (Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, Animals, the Wall, and maybe others).

I'd prefer, however, that no other band get their own 'platform' like the Beatles, meaning that the songs are non-exportable and DLC is non-compatible.
    Harmony would be great in a Pink Floyd game because of their already intricate harmonies.
  • AndyyAndyy Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    Oh god please let it be Nickelback, please please please.