Denver, CO "Rock Band Nights"

Comments

• ImBillPardyImBillPardy Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    kazlam;3085172 said:

your aim blows.
    And your face blows stegosaurus penis!

Denver, Co "Rock Band Nights" putting the ass in classy since 2008.

And yet another reason why we don't get tags anymore...
  • funkbunny77funkbunny77 Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    ImBillPardy;3084763 said:
    There can be only one! Many will enter, several will leave in body bags, the lucky ones on a stretcher, but only ONE will walk out with that damn fiddle and I aims it to be me!!!
    there's only one awesome "bassist" in Denver and she's talkin' to you right. now. ;)

(schedule for tomorrow still tba ... but hey, a girl can take a nap in time to kick some ass, right?)
    edited September 2009
    That sounds like wabbit season kinda words.
  • YRDaddyYRDaddy Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    ImBillPardy;3086142 said:
    That sounds like wabbit season kinda words.
    "Duck Season!"

Wow, who would have thought that a special contest, inspired by a band whos MO is all about peace and love, could incite so much hate and hostility...;)

See ya's tonight at Illegal Pete's!!

Oh yea...

Death of the Arcade is going to be giving you a chance to collect all of The Beatles Rock Band Instruments this coming week "With a Little Help from our Friends", MTV and Harmonix. Tuesday 9/29 at Chasers (new name same Tuesday location) and Thursday 10/1 at Old Chicago will feature The Beatles Rock Band to kick the night off. There will be a "John Lennon" and "George Harrison" Guitar challenge on those nights. The winner will get the Rickenbacker 325 and the Gretsch Duo guitar replicas courtesy of MTV and Harmonix! Winning these two contest combined with the other Special Beatles Night contest at Illegal Pete's on 9/26 would net someone a very pretty collection of plastic. Good luck and see ya there!

Let's see how bloody this battle will get shall we? :eek:
    edited September 2009
    YRDaddy;3086861 said:
    Wow, who would have thought that a special contest, inspired by a band whos MO is all about peace and love, could incite so much hate and hostility...;)

Let's see how bloody this battle will get shall we? :eek:
    about that .... plans have changed and I won't be slicing and dicing the competition this week, despite the awesome (valued, not looking) prize. Traveling is the Life Drain. :P

sorry boys - you can duke it out yourselves. :)

(back to bed now .....)
  • StageBeansStageBeans Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    Congrats to Kaz on winning the Roadie drawing! And to my good friend Max for beating both my and everyone else's ass in the Paul McCartney Challenge. Three cheers for Rock Band at Illegal Pete's!

And as for Mr. BillPardy, it seems Fate has conspired against us and we will have to have a duel to the death on our own time.
    edited September 2009
    StageBeans;3089636 said:
    Congrats to Kaz on winning the Roadie drawing!
    No. Damn cyborg wins enough for me to say go to hell!
    StageBeans;3089636 said:
    And to my good friend Max for beating both my and everyone else's ass in the Paul McCartney Challenge.
    The power of Conan O Brien flows through his veins! That and the little girl was on guitar steroids!
    StageBeans;3089636 said:
    And as for Mr. BillPardy, it seems Fate has conspired against us and we will have to have a duel to the death on our own time.
    Pistols attached to plastic guitars and 5 frets and turn and shoot confirmed for the next challenge.

Good times though.
    edited September 2009
    It's time for something non-Rock Band related.

Lino and I and a couple other friends so far are goin paint ballin' either this Sunday 10/4 or next 10/11. I'm still not 100% on a field or cost but I'm leaning twords an outdoor field called Dynamic Paintball at 29701 E Jewell Ave. All equipment and a field to ourselves all day (so none of the profesionals kick our ass) runs about $25 a person and then we would have to buy the paint from the field at $15 a bag or $60 a case. I think Lino and I went through about $15 a piece in paint for a whole day. So post up if you are in so I can try and get a solid count before I book the field. Later! :D

Gabe
    Lino
    Geno
    Maya (maybe)
    Jimmy
    Bernie (10/11 only)
    Rob (10/4 only)
    Kaz
    Landen
  • bse523bse523 Road Warrior
    edited September 2009
    Count Annette on either day also...and damnit Gabe after all this time you can't spell my name right? LOL it's -on dude :)
    edited September 2009
    The 4th no. I Got a friend's b-day to attend and we're going Korean BBQ. The 10th maybe, depending on if family wants to celebrate my Grandma and my cousin's b-day (and by association, mine as well since it's a few days before that Sunday). Plus ****ing A, that'll be day after Dethklok so even if I go I'll be sore and tired with a headache. Dammit, no Johnny? I Would drive my car onto the field into where he's hiding and do a drive-by paintbailling!

Yes, I have a way with children. From having pouty arguments with Maya to screaming at Lino at how I'm gonna murder him (then exposing him to racist pictures).

Oh and dibs on guitar for Alice in Chains. Don't know for what, but, uh, dibs.
    edited September 2009
    So thats:

Gabe
    Lino
    Maya (maybe)
    Geno
    Mario (10/11 Only)
    Jimmy
    Bernie (10/11 only)
    Rob (10/4 only)
    Kaz
    Landon
    Annette
    Danny (10/11 only)
    The James (prefers 10/11)

For Paintball so far :cool:
    ImBillPardy;3096991 said:
    The 4th no... The 10th maybe, .
    10th is not an option. 11th is though and I put you down.
    Plus ****ing A, that'll be day after Dethklok so even if I go I'll be sore and tired with a headache. .
    I think Rob is going to the same concert, that's why he wants the 4th.
    Oh and dibs on guitar for Alice in Chains. Don't know for what, but, uh, dibs.
    Don't forget we are kicking off with The Beatles and then doing a Contest for a Guitar tonight. So regular Rock Band will be a while. And if I am there for it, I got dibs on singing "Rooster". There is also the Roadie Drawing tonight so I will see you guys there. Later! :D
  • SpousalRaccoonSpousalRaccoon Opening Act
    edited September 2009
    DISCLAIMER: The following post makes use of a couple of assumptions. If these assumptions are inaccurate, please disregard this post.

I call dibs on drums for "So Cold."
  • GameRansoMGameRansoM Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    SpousalRaccoon;3098011 said:
    DISCLAIMER: The following post makes use of a couple of assumptions. If these assumptions are inaccurate, please disregard this post.

Funny... I actually just logged on to claim vocals on some Breaking Ben! "So Cold" it is! (Probably best one for me, anyway. Less Gabe-type growl than other 2.)
  • kazlamkazlam Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    YRDaddy;3097245 said:
    There is also the Roadie Drawing tonight so I will see you guys there.
    and it will be my last tuesday for a while so i better win something!
    SpousalRaccoon;3098011 said:

is one assumption that i am not going? if so, i would prefer Diary of Jane anyway.
    edited September 2009
    I don't know if you guys pay any attention to the supposed Wii-related DLC leaks, but if they prove true I have absolute DIBS on the saturday-after-next's performance of a certain song about a place where men go to meet other men. Oh my goodness.
    edited September 2009
    edited September 2009
    Halloween/Anniversary Party Deets!

Sat Oct 24
    5:30p-11p
    costumes not required but highly encouraged!
    snacks and beverages for all ages provided!
    Rock Band 2 will be available for play in our family room (Beatles RB and several GH games also available if enough people want to play them)

Let me know if you're thinking of joining us and I'll send you my address.

In RB-related news, AiC rocks. I've started to come around to their new singer. Very pleased with the selection.
    edited September 2009
    Indeed. Singing Would? was fun as hell. And the drumming on Breaking Benjamin looked awesome. And Danny, that'd be a yes.
    edited September 2009
    Where the hell is this supposed list?
    edited September 2009
    I state once more that these are merely rumors! But there's some great stuff here, including a little local band you may have heard of. http://rockbandaide.com/dlc-for-the-week-of-october-6th-rumor/
    edited September 2009
    Ugh not the Flobots. Damnit.
    edited September 2009
    StageBeans;3101969 said:
    I state once more that these are merely rumors! But there's some great stuff here, including a little local band you may have heard of. http://rockbandaide.com/dlc-for-the-week-of-october-6th-rumor/
    Those bastards :mad:!!! I had Flobots in my sites for the Rock Band Network Track Authoring by Death of the Arcade!! Well, I believe we have a new "Don't Stop Believing" if "Handlebars" is for reals, LOL :p

Ok, paintball is on for Sunday 10/11/09 11am-6pm at APC indoor fields 4100 Grape Street.

Cost:
    Field Access (2 of them) - $15
    Rental (Gun, Face Mask, & Air) - $15 minus $5 for groups of 10 or more so $10 for us
    Paint - $20 for 500 shots or $65 for 2000 that can be split between players.

We get to stay in our own group so we don't get killed by the professionals and we get to alternate between 2 different fields all day. so, in 1 1/2 weeks you bastards are dead!! Unless you are on my team... then you will live... unless I use you as a meat shield... then refer to my original statement :p
    edited September 2009
    Handlebars won't be played THAT often. I hope.
    edited September 2009
    Gabe, are you for serious about getting into the RBN Authoring game? Because that would be really exciting.
  • kazlamkazlam Rising Star
    edited September 2009
    my parts have arrived. i will be doing pedal surgery tonight and should be up and running for tomorrow.
    edited September 2009
    YRDaddy;3102026 said:
    Those bastards :mad:!!! I had Flobots in my sites for the Rock Band Network Track Authoring by Death of the Arcade!! Well, I believe we have a new "Don't Stop Believing" if "Handlebars" is for reals, LOL :p
    No one gives a **** about Flobots. Like I've asked before, is the name something to do with robots on their periods?
    bse523;3101986 said:
    Ugh not the Flobots. Damnit.
    To be fair, whenever it's on the radio me and my friend at work hate on that band so much that we've added back ups in it. So basically whenever he sings a chorus and there's that small gap we make it into a Lil Jon remix. For example...

I Can ride my bike with no handlebars.
    WHAT?!
    With no handlebars.
    WHAT?!
    With no handlebars.
    WHAT?!
    With no handlebars.
    OH-KAYYYYYYY!!!!

During the trumpet break we basically go on and talk about "skeet skeet" and how Lil Scrappy and the Yin Yang Twins are "in da house."
    StageBeans;3101969 said:
    I See no Bravery. I See no Does It Offend You, Yeah? I See abunch of commercial bands that aren't all screamy and more mainstream and they go for ass.

Plus Alanis Morisette isn't being ironic in that song at all. She just has horrible planning skills.
    kazlam;3103168 said:
    my parts have arrived. i will be doing pedal surgery tonight and should be up and running for tomorrow.
    Good, it's freaking me out seeing you standing beside me.

And yeah Electric Six sounds like the only stand out for next week. Then again I GOT MUTHA****IN E74!!!!
    edited October 2009
    Haha, dude, I don't think you get the point of "Ironic." I'm just wicked excited that some local color is getting representation in Rock Band, that some good old fashioned Racounteur Rock 'n Roll is on it's way, and that 'Bay Gar' (thanks, censors) is at long last within our sights! (again, DIBS ON VOCALS!)

Apparently October's supposed to be one of the best DLC months in a while. With this and the supposed Queen 10-Pack on its way, it should shape up to be legendary.
    edited October 2009
    Local color? Man, **** the Flobots! If they want a real Colorado band they'd go to for some Cephalic Carnage! What does this state have to show for besides that? The Fray and 3Oh!3? **** that ****! Just because they're from Colorado doesn't mean I gotta like em, especially if they write music that makes me want to jam a rusty spoon up my ass to distract myself from the pain. So as of now until awhile, Cephalic Carnage = only Colorado band that matters (and Jello Biafra doesn't count, he was born here, but Dead Kennedy's wasn't formed here).

Only problem with the Queen pack is who the **** can hit those notes vocally (and make it sound good)?
    edited October 2009
    Now, sure, the Fray may be as wussy as music gets, and I'm totally lost as to how -anyone- can find 3oh3 listenable, but Flobots is sorta, well, inoffensive. Sure, we may hear 'Handlebars' on the radio a little too often, but it's not like they went to your house and kicked your dog until it died. (Leave that to Lars Ulrich.)

Now, personally, I have nothing against Cephalic Carnage, but they're not a very accessible band. They don't have what the kids call "Mass Appeal." How they don't have it and crunk-core messes like 3oh3 do will never make sense to me, but that's exactly what RBN is for! So write to the boys at CC, and make sure they know that they can get in on the next wave of music promotion. I'm sure if they're cool, they'll consider it.

And, since you asked, the greatest band to come out of Colorado has been the Hot IQs. I can't tell you how sad I was to see them retire, but their Farewell Show was one of the most wonderful concerts I've seen in my entire life. I need to remind myself to shoot Eli an email and see if he'd be interested in getting some IQs songs on the RBN!
    edited October 2009
    Inoffensive?! Man, I had TO STAND AND LISTEN TO FLOBOTS LIVE SO SETH GREEN COULD SIGN MY STUFF AT THE ROBOT CHICKEN ON WHEELS TOUR! I Was ready to slash my wrist and kill myself. By the end of their first ass abortion of a song I said "**** IT!" And butted ahead of all the damn teeny bopper girls to get my stuff signed and get out. Sadly, my friend was not as pushy and I had to wait on her for FOUR MORE FLOBOT SONGS! Easily one of the worse shows I've ever seen, the fact it was free makes me angry knowing people usually pay for this ****.

And if it was a matter of offensive we wouldn't be getting songs like *** Bar or me shrieking out "Drinking the blood of a child's broken neck!" And 3Oh!3 is a gateway to ****ty music like this (WARNING: Do not click on that link if you value your ears, eyes or any other senses. They are also performing live for two nights in Colorado, I declare a Death of the Arcade grenade tossing event at those venues). So always a chance for Cephalic somewhere down the line since they have more mainstream appeal then that ass.

Oh and answer to your earlier question, yes Gabe is currently working on some RBN stuff with local bands. Which means we maybe getting a Metallica lawsuit sometime in the future as well depending on which song get's accepted.