Denver, CO "Rock Band Nights"

Comments

• StageBeansStageBeans Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    Ghostbusters in Lego Rock Band! Now THERE's something we can all agree on!

Good talk, guys. I'm glad it all came together!

EDIT:
    kazlam;3105017 said:
    we have Tickle Me Pink. just sayin.
    Forgot about that one! I love the drums on "The Time is Wrong."
  • ImBillPardyImBillPardy Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Oh besides my work doing buy 2 get 1 free on the week of October 11-17 (AKA the week of Brutal Legend), they're ALSO doing buy 2 get 1 free on accessories. Basically if you want to get points cards this maybe one of the better times. So if anyone wants to call in a favor with me, now is the time.
    edited October 2009
    Wait, wait, where is this?? I'm desperate for points cards!
    edited October 2009
    Toys'R'Us.

So basically it'll be about $14 for 1600 points cards. That or $34 or so for 4000 points cards. Kinda want to know if I should try and put any on hold besides at least 3 copies of Brutal Legend (so $40 each).

There's also an ad mailer that went out to some people with a $10 off coupon on purchases of $50 or more that expires on the 18th that you can use.

See, I contribute deals, early releases and random bursts of insanity to Rock Band nights.
  • YRDaddyYRDaddy Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    Yaa, Saturday! See ya's at Illegal Petes tonight. Don't forget, I'm givin away another Beatles guitar tonight. Later! :D
    edited October 2009
    "I can write this post with no handlebars"...

It's the start of the new Roadie Drawings for Chasers today. Hope you guy/gals have fun tonight. Later! :D
    edited October 2009
    See 1st page for updates :)

Tekken 6 & DJ Hero Release Party
    Best Buy - Denver West
    1400 Denver West Blvd
    Lakewood , CO 80401
    Phone: 303-273-5617
    Tuesday 10/27
    From 4pm - 9pm
    Tekken 6 Tournament while DJ (insert your cool DJ name here) spins the tunes!

Death of the Arcade is teaming up with C3 and Best Buy to bring you one of the most unique release day events yet! Hope to see ya there.
    edited October 2009
    Is this a C3 planned beforehand event or was this your doing?
  • GameRansoMGameRansoM Rising Star
    edited October 2009
    I believe this was a Martinez inspiration, Mr. Pardy. ;)

On a Rock Band note: LOTS of under-tiered guitar parts in this week's DLC! Is HMX's charting getting more refined or more complex? Why the heck is Ironic rated a 2 on guitar?!? Same difficulty as Radiohead's Creep? I think NOT!!

Electric 6 is fun, though. Might give two of the three a whirl tonight.

Lastly, for all you aspiring cyborgs out there... I hear a certain RoboDrummer may be absent tonight. Grease up your joints and get ready, it's time to test your mettle (metal?) with a lot of fill-in spots sure to be open. (Don't make me do it... I suck at drums.:p)
    edited October 2009
    So is it basically on par with Jane Says on guitar? Plus undercharted hell of suck on guitar will always be My Curse. Three friggin dots my ass, they can wipe a monkey's ass with that.

And in Lakewood? Goddammit. We got three Best Buy's in a less then 10 mile radius and we get Lakewood...
    edited October 2009
    And wait, how is that gonna work with Chasers being Tuesday as well?
    edited October 2009
    This is my briliant idea. I brought Greg on board to run the Tekken tourny, and...
    ImBillPardy;3123666 said:
    I realized what day it is on. I'll work it out 1 way or another ;)
    edited October 2009
    ImBillPardy;3123583 said:
    So is it basically on par with Jane Says on guitar?
    Not exactly. Expect lots of on/off 3-button chords & quick chord switches, as opposed to the tricky HO/PO bits on Jane Says.
    ImBillPardy;3123666 said:
    Good call. Only overlaps an hour and there's other 360s to use, but some of the equipment will be needed at both. Hmm...
    edited October 2009
    And...

Hilarity insues.

You going to make this an "authentic" event like Beatles? Meaning give everyone glow sticks and ecstacy?
    edited October 2009
    ImBillPardy;3123740 said:
    And...

Hilarity insues.

You going to make this an "authentic" event like Beatles? Meaning give everyone glow sticks and ecstacy?
    Full lighting rig, maybe 1 stage platform, and ecstacy only if theyre 21 or older... or if they have parents permission :p
    edited October 2009
    Hilarity ensues.
    fixed
    ... give everyone glow sticks and ecstacy?
    As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a DJ Hero.
    edited October 2009
    You're not even typing with correct capitalization or making full sentences. You have no right to judge how I type.
    YRDaddy;3123755 said:
    Full lighting rig, maybe 1 stage platform, and ecstacy only if theyre 21 or older... or if they have parents permission :p
    Baggy clothes mandatory? Especially those horrible Hot Topic pants with all those straps and colored outlines? Bleh...

So if there's enough of a demand is DotA going to be hosting DJ Hero tournaments at C3 as well?
    edited October 2009
    I see none of you guys are as excited as I am about the RBN authoring tools going public, huh? Hah, it's all good. I know the James is on top of it, but I just downloaded the software myself and am going to give it a run. This is going to be exciting stuff...
    edited October 2009
    I've already played Keyboard Cat theme on Guitar Hero 5. Other then that, that's all I'd have the talent to chart...
    edited October 2009
    ImBillPardy;3123826 said:
    You have no right to judge how I spell.
    Fixed again. And yes... yes, I do. :p
    "Insues" ain't no word I ever heard of.
    edited October 2009
    ImBillPardy;3123826 said:

So if there's enough of a demand is DotA going to be hosting DJ Hero tournaments at C3 as well?
    We will see where the new rythm game entry takes us ;)
    StageBeans;3123841 said:
    I see none of you guys are as excited as I am about the RBN authoring tools going public, huh? Hah, it's all good. I know the James is on top of it, but I just downloaded the software myself and am going to give it a run. This is going to be exciting stuff...
    I was super psyched too a couple months ago when I got the tools... then I realized what a pain in the ass it was and what poor documentation was available :( Thank god The James has more patience and free time than I do! :D
    edited October 2009
    YRDaddy;3123919 said:
    I was super psyched too a couple months ago when I got the tools... then I realized what a pain in the ass it was and what poor documentation was available :( Thank god The James has more patience and free time than I do! :D
    Haha, yeah, I'm desperately scouring the web for any kind of tutorial but I'm not pulling up much. It's going to be frustrating, but it will definitely be more satisfying to get this completed the DIY way. :D
    edited October 2009
    Sooooo Best Buy's deal for Brutal Legend is with purchase of game you get a token for 3 tracks. So possibly some kinda tie in maybe?
    edited October 2009
    That's what I'm thinking. Likely "(We are the) Road Crew" by Motorhead, and two other songs. Speculation Time!
    edited October 2009
    DEADLY SINAHHHH~~~~~~~S

AKA A song no one can sing, but man does it sound sweet. Other then that I know one of the bands off of the 104 song soundtrack is a Double Fine made band so that will probably be the other one. Though we'll see, still want KMFDM (especially since seeing them this Friday).
    edited October 2009
    Hey, speaking of KMFDM, are you going to their signing at FashioNation on Friday? I figured I'd let you know, since you're such a big fan and all. You can ask them if they're going to be in RB and everything!
    edited October 2009
    ImBillPardy;3126850 said:
    A song no one can sing, but man does it sound sweet.
    We could always play it at Chasers with the vocalist signed out, as we did last night with the requested Metallica song. (Lemmy's slurring is one thing, but Hetfield's vocals are utterly inimitable.)

Thanks for stopping in, BTW. It was nice having a full band of experienced RB players... for a couple songs. How're the midterms coming along?
    edited October 2009
    Oh, Hetfield's not so hard to do. You just need to remember the essential "-AH" after every sentance-ah.
    edited October 2009
    StageBeans;3127557 said:
    Oh, Hetfield's not so hard to do. You just need to remember the essential "-AH" after every sentance-ah.
    I approve and agree with everything in this comment :p