12 more Dreamscapes

l-o-tl-o-t Road Warrior
edited August 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
By my calculations, out of the final 20 songs, 12 of them should be dramscapes.
This theory is based on my hunch that each of the venues will have 5 songs associated with it. You can count 'em up in this thread http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153943.
So that means one more at the Cavern(a very early song) One more at Ed Sullivan, THREE more at Shea Stadium(Some Rubber Soul maybe?), one more at Budokan and Two for the Apple Roof top(Obviously from Let it Be). That leaves the rest as Dreamscapes!

As they already have 10(9?) Dreamsacpes that are between Budokan and Apple Roof, I hope they throw in a couple early dreamscapes between the early venues. Like, something from the Movies.

Anyway, sound theory? I think so.

Comments

• MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Your theory's good but your math isn't. There would be two more at the cavern and two more at Ed Sullivan which would mean there is 10 more dreamscapes.
  • autumnmantisautumnmantis Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    Exactly. I think the dreamscapes will remain between Revolver and Let It Be. My question is, if they are in sets of five like the venues, how will they be grouped?
  • colahead420colahead420 Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    autumnmantis;2815191 said:
    I think the dreamscapes will remain between Revolver and Let It Be.
    I highly, highly doubt that. Certain early Beatles songs such as songs from Help!, Rubber Soul, and even earlier albums would not fit in concert settings, and some of them have potential for some awesome dreamscapes (such as Nowhere Man, Help, and A Hard Day's Night).
  • l-o-tl-o-t Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    MostSpartan14;2815160 said:
    Your theory's good but your math isn't. There would be two more at the cavern and two more at Ed Sullivan which would mean there is 10 more dreamscapes.
    Whoa! Holy Crap, I can't count.
    edited August 2009
    colahead420;2816513 said:
    I highly, highly doubt that. Certain early Beatles songs such as songs from Help!, Rubber Soul, and even earlier albums would not fit in concert settings, and some of them have potential for some awesome dreamscapes (such as Nowhere Man, Help, and A Hard Day's Night).
    Hmx have been pretty clear that the dreamscapes only apply to the period when they stopped touring. They've already put songs that were never played live ("Taxman", "And Your Bird Can Sing") in venues, and I don't think any other early songs 'demand' dreamscapes any more than those two.
    edited August 2009
    autumnmantis;2819242 said:
    Hmx have been pretty clear that the dreamscapes only apply to the period when they stopped touring. They've already put songs that were never played live ("Taxman", "And Your Bird Can Sing") in venues, and I don't think any other early songs 'demand' dreamscapes any more than those two.
    Only? What about Yellow Submarine? That was on Revolver and has a dreamscape. Not saying that you are, but I hope you're wrong. If you're correct, that means 97 songs will be performed at the live venues (not including the Rooftop). Nowhere Man deserves a dreamscape just as much as Yellow Submarine, and more than Taxman and And Your Bird Can Sing. I'm Only Sleeping, Love You To, and She Said She Said also should have dreamscapes.
  • Wave57Wave57 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Sweet theory.
    I was thinking like 3-4 from each album with singles thrown in there.
  • Beatles33Beatles33 Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    colahead420;2819705 said:
    Only? What about Yellow Submarine? That was on Revolver and has a dreamscape. Not saying that you are, but I hope you're wrong. If you're correct, that means 97 songs will be performed at the live venues (not including the Rooftop). Nowhere Man deserves a dreamscape just as much as Yellow Submarine, and more than Taxman and And Your Bird Can Sing. I'm Only Sleeping, Love You To, and She Said She Said also should have dreamscapes.
    Yellow submarine has a dream scape because its based on the animate film yellow submarine. Also Yellow Submarine had sound effects and could not be used in a live show.
  • jrdj87jrdj87 Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    colahead420;2816513 said:
    I think perhaps they would, Nowhere man, you would have thought when it was released couldn't have been done live (The harmonys especailly) but they did do it (although they did find it difficult) and Help and A hard days night were performed live too by the Beatles, Help at Shea Stadium is awesome, and indeed on the Ed Sullivan show, it's a must to have at the Shea Concert on the game. I think they could have done many of their songs pre-Revolver live IMO. Obvious exceptions like Norweigen wood or You've got to hide your love away and a few others couldn't perhaps, but i think the majority could.
    edited August 2009
    [QUOTE=colahead420;2819705]If you're correct, that means 97 songs will be performed at the live venues (not including the Rooftop). [QUOTE]

I'm talking about on-disc, not DLC. I'm sure that DLC for earlier songs will at least get new venues, hopefully one per pack. In any case, keep in mind that hmx isn't planning on releasing their whole catalog, so your '97' number is pretty optimistic. I think getting every single song they released with its own handmade dreamscape is a little too much to ask for.
    edited August 2009
    autumnmantis;2820331 said:
    [QUOTE=colahead420;2819705]If you're correct, that means 97 songs will be performed at the live venues (not including the Rooftop). QUOTE]

I'm talking about on-disc, not DLC. I'm sure that DLC for earlier songs will at least get new venues, hopefully one per pack. In any case, keep in mind that hmx isn't planning on releasing their whole catalog, so your '97' number is pretty optimistic. I think getting every single song they released with its own handmade dreamscape is a little too much to ask for.
    Oh, I see. I thought HMX had access to over 300 Beatles songs, where did they say they didn't want to release the whole catalog? And I know not every DLC song isn't going to have its own dreamscape. Most early songs would fit better in a live venue anyway. I just thought it would be awesome if some of their transition songs had dreamscapes.
  • rocknrolxdxrocknrolxdx Banned
    edited August 2009
    I'm hoping the most not by a lot but most are live and not dreamscapes. Personally I like the live venues better, just because of the feel. I do like dreamscapes though.
    edited August 2009
    colahead420;2820648 said:
    [QUOTE=autumnmantis;2820331]

Oh, I see. I thought HMX had access to over 300 Beatles songs, where did they say they didn't want to release the whole catalog? And I know not every DLC song isn't going to have its own dreamscape. Most early songs would fit better in a live venue anyway. I just thought it would be awesome if some of their transition songs had dreamscapes.
    Here's the quote, from an interview with Total Video games:

"While there is potential for the entire catalogue of the band to be made available, such a situation would be "stretching it a bit", according to Harmonix' John Drake, and that future content will likely be initially focused on "rounding out" the catalogue".

Of course, it's noncommittal either way, but I'm trying to prepare myself for disappointment in case the dlc's don't sell well.
  • Sonicboom0075Sonicboom0075 Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    Well, I am the Walrus didn't really get a dreamscape and Revolution was in a random venue of sorts. Why can't A Hard Day's Night get a "dreamscape?" It can be based off the opening for the movie of that song.
    edited August 2009
    Now we're getting into an argument over the definition of 'dreamscape', which is ridiculous. All I'm saying is that hmx have stated clearly than tour-era songs will take place in venues, and studio-era songs will have dreamscapes.
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited August 2009
    autumnmantis;2829990 said:
    Now we're getting into an argument over the definition of 'dreamscape', which is ridiculous. All I'm saying is that hmx have stated clearly than tour-era songs will take place in venues, and studio-era songs will have dreamscapes.
    Taxman is at Budokan.
    edited August 2009
    Well, it is tour-era. They never played it on tour, but hmx has to simplify history a little bit for the sake of a coherent video game.
  • Dr._Frasier_CraneDr._Frasier_Crane Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    I know there's a good possiblity that this will not happen, but I'll still be disappointed if the songs from Help! (the 1st side of the album) are in live venues as opposed to scenes from the movie.

If HMX did recreate scenes from the movie, my excitement for this game would increase significantly. I know it sounds stupid, but to me, songs like "I Need You" and "Another Girl" will always be associated with their respective scenes from the movie. Just imagine this recreated in the game:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooxDUhso5HM
    That would be amazing!

And what if they went the extra mile and put Another Girl in the game with Paul using the girl as a guitar and everyone switching instruments? I think my head would explode
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogH6SqhiRM4