I need a list of official groups who will chart songs

Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
edited September 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I've tried contacting Rhythm Authors but I get no response. I have a bands full participation already but I need a group to do the actual charting. If I can have some groups that I can get in contact who will be charting songs I will appreciate it.

Basically I have a bands participation, I have the masters ready to ship but I don't have an xbox or a club membership so I would like to give the songs and info to people who will chart the songs for me.

Comments

• Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited August 2009
    Do you know if they charge any fees to have the songs in the game?
  • edited August 2009
    Rhythm Authors is getting a lot of emails right now. A lot of bands are signing up with them.. be patient. I'm sure they'll get back to you.

Alternatively, you could email Music Game Authors as Sayburr suggested.
  • edited August 2009
    Alvarado6411;2815466 said:
    Do you know if they charge any fees to have the songs in the game?
    http://www.rhythmauthors.com/faq.php

http://www.musicgameauthors.com/faqs.html
  • MarsPhoenixMarsPhoenix Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    I suppose freelance does not equal official.
  • edited August 2009
    MarsPhoenix;2815739 said:
    I suppose freelance does not equal official.
    it's officially freelance

(freelance plus rbn does not equal official)
    edited August 2009
    We'll see about that. =P
  • Sound_IMPSound_IMP Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    Let's make the list 3:

http://www.interactivemusicproductions.com

I threw up a quick website to start taking emails or you can PM here.
  • jjdude1jjdude1 Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    me nd my friends are a group...i guess. But we only do local bands and such. We also dont have a website.

You know what, forget i said that
  • SHPhr34kSHPhr34k Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    The email may have been lost in the giant flood that is my daily inbox. Though, you will need to have the actual artist get in contact with us. Legally, we cannot deal with a middleman unless they are a representative of the band or company directly.
  • snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    I'll be a freelance charter when I can.
  • edited August 2009
    I'm sure we'll see a lot of freelance charters once the RBN Creators Club site fully opens up. We may even see freelancers specialized in one instrument or in camera and lighting work.

I'll most likely be doing a little freelance work myself (for indie / electronic bands)
  • VedicardiVedicardi Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Maybe you guys (HMX hurrrrr) could set up a directory of "approved" charters and the like. They could be sorted by which instruments they can and can't do, what bands they have already charted for, etc.

Or someone else could do it. Regardless, something like that would be extremely helpful for everyone.
  • edited August 2009
    Vedicardi;2821093 said:
    Maybe you guys (HMX hurrrrr) could set up a directory of "approved" charters and the like. They could be sorted by which instruments they can and can't do, what bands they have already charted for, etc.
    When the RBN Creators Club website fully launches, it should make a pretty decent hub for charters / labels / bands with XNA accounts.
  • VedicardiVedicardi Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    That's good to know.
  • iruhlmaniruhlman Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    Vedicardi;2821093 said:

Or someone else could do it. Regardless, something like that would be extremely helpful for everyone.
    i dont think it would be in a "charters" best business practices to list that they can't chart an instrument.
  • el_bobboel_bobbo Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    Definitely check out Music Game Authors

They're growing daily..
  • KnucklesdudeKnucklesdude Rising Star
    edited August 2009
    Lord_Mhoram;2829922 said:
    Your slogan. Very metal. :cool:
  • KineticArtistKineticArtist Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    Id like to add of all the charting independents so far only Music Game Authors has a secure method for uploading a Bands masters (stems) something to consider before handing your hard worked master tracks over to a company. Next thing you know your masters are all over bittorrent... if these other indpendents have secure methods of handling masters they sure need to put it up... Its the number one thing we are being asked by the bands we are signing...
  • SHPhr34kSHPhr34k Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    I'd like to add that Rhythm Authors does use a secure FTP verified by COMODO CA Limited, for that extra level of security to our clients. We normally recommend a physical DVD be shipped for 100% secure delivery.
  • S1ckH4ndsS1ckH4nds YouTube Guru
    edited August 2009
    Speaking on behalf of RockGamer Studios, I can assure you that we take our clients' privacy and security very seriously. We have a secure FTP server set up for instant transfer of stems, with each client receiving a custom login and private directory accessible to them and them only. We also accept physical media such as CD and DVD via courier service.
    edited August 2009
    Am I allowed to feel my ability to freelance being almost completely choked out by all these companies that have had months in advance to prepare their legal stuff, websites, and general plans thanks to the fact that they're received Harmonix's exclusive training? Just one company didn't bother me too much, but this is getting pretty ridiculous.
  • Sound_IMPSound_IMP Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    Hey MarsPhoenix,

I would not give up yet. I have not gotten any training from Harmonix. I am just someone who sees some amazing potential and happens to have a little business sense an a little technical know how. You might be suprised how easy it is to start a business or a webpage. Have you seen my webpage? I'm cleaning it up but I'm not gonna change it too much. Right now I'm happy with trying to contribute to my home scene (Yes Shreveport, LA actually does have a scene) in a new, fun and exciting way. Yes, I hope to get some traffic from the web, but that will come in time. Besides there are no payouts till April or May, so the money is not even part equation right now. I'm just looking to have fun this next year

Also, you have to factor in Harmonix is big on community. I believed they didn't bring the people in that they did to give them "seceret training" so to give them a leg up on the competion, but more to have mods wiith skills in place to get the new community up and running as quick as possible. They want as many bands as possible to do it themselves and those who can't can get some help. I don't see anyone here competitors, but as the leaders to follow, the standards to rise to, and the friends and family of the forth coming community. I only hope that one day i can be counted among them. I can ony hope RBN becomes a happy undersea party with Bobby McFarrin and all and not a pack of pirranahs picking indie to the bone

Sorry if I derailed,

Mars I hope to see you out in the community!
    edited August 2009
    I'm not expecting to make money, I just am starting to get paranoid that eventually it'll just be nothing but "Hey, Mars. Thanks for thinking of us, but we just did a Google search and found these other guys. They have a professional website all put together and were actually trained directly by Harmonix. We don't want you to feel offended, but we'd feel a lot more secure with them instead. Good luck!" in response to every email I send.
  • djboobadjbooba Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    MarsPhoenix;2850768 said:
    I'm not expecting to make money, I just am starting to get paranoid that eventually it'll just be nothing but "Hey, Mars. Thanks for thinking of us, but we just did a Google search and found these other guys. They have a professional website all put together and were actually trained directly by Harmonix. We don't want you to feel offended, but we'd feel a lot more secure with them instead. Good luck!" in response to every email I send.
    In this day and age, it doesn't take much to make a awesome looking site to have a professional look. You can use sites like SquareSpace and ShowIt to make rad sites. Don't get discouraged that Rhythm Authors and a few others have training. You might be better than them for the bands you might work with. If you can get the job done and charge less than others, I'm sure some bands would rather go with someone like you.
  • iruhlmaniruhlman Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    KineticArtist;2838561 said:
    Id like to add of all the charting independents so far only Music Game Authors has a secure method for uploading a Bands masters (stems) something to consider before handing your hard worked master tracks over to a company. Next thing you know your masters are all over bittorrent... if these other indpendents have secure methods of handling masters they sure need to put it up... Its the number one thing we are being asked by the bands we are signing...
    *noted*
    I've been reading alot of comments on websites about this issue.
  • JayBirdeJayBirde Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    Me too!!!
    http://www.RBNStudio.com
    Years of studio production make the transition easy for us.
  • eMaReMusiceMaReMusic Unsigned
    edited September 2009
    I'm taking requests for authoring as well. I have a project studio and the longtime experience with audio work and Reaper to do this. I'm working on my website right now...

PM me if interested