Entirely electronic songs

Fo0dNippl3Fo0dNippl3 Unsigned
edited August 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I make music of my own as a hobby, but I don't use any actual instruments other than my computer (although I just started recording my drums). Is there no restriction on what kind of music can be submitted to RBN? Could I theoretically submit a chiptune, as long as it was separated in to all the proper parts?

Comments

• TFedTFed Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I wouldn't see why not. It doesnt restrict any form of music. I mean, look at Freezepop, they're an all electronic band. This should be no different as long as you can make parts for each instrument.
  • edited August 2009
    RBN is for all music. We've tried to include a wide range of genres and sub-genres. I would fully welcome some good chiptune music (or any electronic music) in RBN.
  • AKALinkAKALink Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Yeah as HMX enosity said it is welcome, just please make it good or you will get a lot of bad things said about you. I'm in the same boat as you only I use real instruments and midi drums
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    On a related note, how much do songs have to stick to the current RB formula of Vocals, Guitar, Bass and Drums? If there was something similar charted to each part, would it work? (Bongos for drums, low tuned guitar for bass, etc.)
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited August 2009
    OakTea;2833148 said:
    On a related note, how much do songs have to stick to the current RB formula of Vocals, Guitar, Bass and Drums? If there was something similar charted to each part, would it work? (Bongos for drums, low tuned guitar for bass, etc.)
    As HMXEnosity once said, "We don't care much as long as it's necessary and it fits. So long as it's 'classy'." Or something to that degree.
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Considering that the guitar controller already functions a lot like a key-tar, I don't see a problem. :)